apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
1. Beat the game without lone wolf talent
2. Beat Honor Mode
3. Beat Game without reloading
4. Beat Game without Mods
5. Beat Honor mode without reloading, lone wolf talent or mods (all 3)

So, i have played through the campaign about 6 times. Started with normal, then went up, and now Ive done 2 honor mode runs.

Playing solo, i didn't ever give thought to how other players played the game. I started seeking out other players to join and mix it up a bit.

Uh, i was in for a big shock.

This isn't to knock anyone's play at all, i 100% enjoy people playing how they like to play. It was just more of a surprise to me that people had fun this way. After playing through with people over a few campaings, i can say that lone wolf and reloading for either fights/deaths or because they didn't like the way some decision they made turned out.... this made the game feel completely hollow. But everyone i know who plays does lone wolf or uses mods or reloads.

On my honor runs alone, I made some personal rules to make it more challenging and rewarding. I vowed before starting (live on stream so i had witnesses) that i wouldn't ever reload and would fight to the death which is permanent game over, that i wouldn't use a single mod or giftbag, and that i would play with a full party (no lone wolf). Luckily I never game overed but there were 1 or 2 really close calls (Hannag killed 3 of my team within 2 secs once with lava, luckily i had one escape and come back to rez them and get vengence).

And in my opinion the story is so much more rich when you have multiple companions playing different roles with strengths and weaknesses (lone wolf does not give that experience IMO).

Anywho Im curious if anyone has done these and did they notice a difference in it changing if the game was more or less fun to you.

Last edited by Shlamorel; 11/08/22 09:37 AM.
I did all of those. And actually I never use lone wolf. I enjoy having a full party.

apprentice
apprentice
1. Not on tactician.
2. It's extremely easy if you're taking it slow but nearly impossible if there is a moment where you aren't obscenely careful, or think another character can escape so you let a character die but it turns out you can't escape. Or you think an enemy can't wipe your party on their turn, so you save on their turn, and then turns out you were wrong and you can't do anything but die. Would not recommend honor mode for anyone who isn't going to take it very slow and not spend a second not being on high alert. (Not mentioning outside-of-combat ways to die.)
3. Lol nope.
4. Yes, I beat the game on regular tactician without things like fort joy respec mirror, free pet pal etc.
5. That sounds obscenely difficult, at least at first glance.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard