Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
addict
addict
L
A modder already has smites working per 5e.
On a hit that isnt a crit (with spell slots available) you get a temporary icon to use to smite.
On a hit that is a crit (with spell slots available) you get a temporary icon to use to crit smite.

So i'll be curious to see how larian implements it.

Also the homebrew magic items for pally will be interesting.. maybe temp hp to allies within 10 feet after a smite, and better heavy armor.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yay! It's gonna be a great Christmas!!!! Thank you, Larian Team!!

L
stranger
stranger
L
I just want level 5+ to be unlocked so I'm not wasting xp when I do encounters.

veteran
veteran
I would say that there is a small but not zero percent chance that we get level 5 unlocked if this is the last full patch before release. I wouldn't bet on it, but it seems like something that would make sense for a final patch.

Meanwhile, I wasn't really planning on running a paladin since the class has never called out to me-not that I didn't like it, I just never had ideas for it-but a chat with a friend and a look at the paladin class in the player's handbook has inspired me. So I'm gonna run a Seladrine drow paladin, oath of vengeance if it's included in the patch. Noble background, arrogant yet noble, sworn to war those who commit evil, with the lolth-sworn drow considered at the top of her hit-list. So the cult of the Absolute, being clearly evil and also aligned with lolth-sworn would instantly become a top-priority target for her. There's a chance she'll have to kill Astarion, but depending on circumstances she also could reasonably let him live, same goes for Shadowheart. Her logic would be that she's effectively being their parole officer, keeping an eye on them and reigning them in, possibly even giving them a chance to redeem themselves. And if they don't seem likely to redeem themselves, then she'll at least see them as useful tools who she'll kill later if they don't die along the way. She'd have no problem with Wyll or Gale though she'd be willing to put either down if they became threats, but so long as they don't get in the way of her crusade against the cult, she'll be willing to help them with their problems, especially Wyll I think. Lae'zel and she would have an interesting relationship. I think that while she would not be a fan of just how brutal the githyanki are, she would find a sort of professional respect for their discipline and single-minded devotion to killing mindflayers. She might even view them as something close to peers, warriors willing to go to lengths some might consider brutalin the interest of overcoming a greater threat. Her problem with them would be that their penchant for needless slaughter, but in principle, I think she'd appreciate having them *over there* dealing with the mindflayer problem.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If we get the Paladin, we will have 11/12 classes in the game, and exactly two races from the PHB are missing. What makes you think this will be the last patch lol.
Why include all classes to playtest, but not monk?

Especially since wizards, paladins etc are very strong and hard to mess up, whereas monks, like rangers, are generally a bit weaker and might require more change...

I am almost certain, we will get both dragonborn and paladin in this patch, and then there will be one last patch with monks and half orcs.
As for level 5, I would not count on it. Maybe in the last patch

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Qoray
If we get the Paladin, we will have 11/12 classes in the game, and exactly two races from the PHB are missing. What makes you think this will be the last patch lol.

Especially since wizards, paladins etc are very strong and hard to mess up, whereas monks, like rangers, are generally a bit weaker and might require more change...

I am almost certain, we will get both dragonborn and paladin in this patch, and then there will be one last patch with monks and half orcs.
I think a lot of people here are really hoping for a release date announcement this PFH, and I don't see them announce both a release date and yet another patch before that.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by snowram

I think a lot of people here are really hoping for a release date announcement this PFH, and I don't see them announce both a release date and yet another patch before that.

I don't think we are getting level 5 in Early Access. I would actually be shocked if it is part of the game before full release. I would also guess there will not be a new race included either - I think Paladin is such a desired class that both it and the reactions re-work will be big enough... along with any graphics and UI changes.

I personally think we are going to get a new trailer/release date at The Game Awards that they will discuss at PFH - or they will just announce the release date at PFH itself. I say this because while I haven't played the last few Early Access patches the little I have seen of the game makes it look absurdly more polished up and ready for release. On top of that I imagine the internal version of the game is in much better shape than Early Access.

If we get a release date I do think we could get a big information dump for marketing purposes though. I think we could hear Larian talk about the other companions that will be in the game at release, confirming other races/classes that will be included in release and things like that in order to build the hype/sell more copies. It seems to me that they aren't going to keep us in the dark before release when it comes to that kind of stuff.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I would say that there is a small but not zero percent chance that we get level 5 unlocked if this is the last full patch before release. I wouldn't bet on it, but it seems like something that would make sense for a final patch.

Meanwhile, I wasn't really planning on running a paladin since the class has never called out to me-not that I didn't like it, I just never had ideas for it-but a chat with a friend and a look at the paladin class in the player's handbook has inspired me. So I'm gonna run a Seladrine drow paladin, oath of vengeance if it's included in the patch. Noble background, arrogant yet noble, sworn to war those who commit evil, with the lolth-sworn drow considered at the top of her hit-list. So the cult of the Absolute, being clearly evil and also aligned with lolth-sworn would instantly become a top-priority target for her. There's a chance she'll have to kill Astarion, but depending on circumstances she also could reasonably let him live, same goes for Shadowheart.

Yeah the 5E Paladin is much better than the traditional 3.5 and prior version of Paladin. You are less constrained to be "perfectly virtuous" in all things and instead you can be more mission-focused. Paladins in TT on prior additions were notorious fun-vampires because they could be played in a way that severely disrupted the campaigns.

I actually look forward to playing a Paladin in BG3 and seeing how Larian implements it.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Personaly i wonder most wich features will be presented ...

Custom party?
Rolled stats?

Or prehaps picking starting gear?

Oh that would be wonderfull christmas. ^_^

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Personaly i wonder most wich features will be presented ...

Custom party?
Rolled stats?

Or prehaps picking starting gear?

Oh that would be wonderfull christmas. ^_^

id really like to roll stats too
Level 5 would be nice so can get a bit extra out of all the classes

if i only could pick 2 things id probably go for these 2

apprentice
apprentice
WoW amazing!
1) Maybe we can fix skinny Barbarians)
I'm pretty sure this is something that will need to be fixed, we cannot customize our character to be hulking beef cakes? (That's like, that quintessential aspect of a barbarian.)
Give us the option to customize our characters properly, pls.
*idea of having more body types to choose from. Some of them are already in the game in the form of NPC's (Halsin).

2) Pillars of eternity and Pathfinder have a sheath for weapons
Why in so big and ambition game not sheath?
I beg you just create sheath!

3) More: scars / tattoo, maybe visual change for character after quest or side quest?
(example: false eye, horns, magick hand and ect)

Thx! <3

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I haven't played actual D&D in a while.

How exactly does rolling stats work again? I forget if it is...

You roll and you get a certain number of points to distribute among stats?
Or do you roll for each stat and then you can't adjust?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko

The former. Roll 4d6 drop lowest six times -> assign these totals to whichever stats you want. https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/basic-rules/step-by-step-characters#3DetermineAbilityScores

L
addict
addict
L
I expect pally (2 subclasses), new items, bug fixes for patch 9.
Plus comments during the PfH.. confirming release window, about reactions, that other subclasses and level 5 , new areas wont be released until 1.0.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh yes, pleeeeeease let them finally give us a release date!! It is long overdue.

So excited ... And hopeful for at least a hint when the game will release, e.g. "second quarter 2023," even if they can't give an exact date.

apprentice
apprentice
Santa? Well needs the beard and being round. So a Dwarf. (also santas elves are suspiciously gnome like)
Class? Wizard. Making the magic of christmas happen!

Also what i really want is more places to explore.

Last edited by Nelemak; 06/12/22 11:14 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

The former. Roll 4d6 drop lowest six times -> assign these totals to whichever stats you want. https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/basic-rules/step-by-step-characters#3DetermineAbilityScores

Or even set whatever stats you like for your character. I mean it is single player and if you have a 20-20-20-20-20-20 mr/ms Max(ine) Perfect.. well.. cheating but who cares.
Anyways there has been like half a dozen major ways to distribute stats from elaborate buys to roll 3d6 twice to 4d6 drop lowest and many many more. Even set 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8 in whatever stats you like or other such scores.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nelemak
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

Or even set whatever stats you like for your character. I mean it is single player and if you have a 20-20-20-20-20-20 mr/ms Max(ine) Perfect.. well.. cheating but who cares.
Anyways there has been like half a dozen major ways to distribute stats from elaborate buys to roll 3d6 twice to 4d6 drop lowest and many many more. Even set 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8 in whatever stats you like or other such scores.

rolling 4d6 dropping 1 does not allow for 20 as a starting stat, 18 at most smile
Do people really reroll these until they are perfect in all stats?

Maybe my maths is wrong, in that case please correct me, but it seems to me that the probability to roll a 18 in one of these rolls is 4*(1*1*1*6)/6^4=1.85%

If you aim for k stats with 18, the number of tries you need for that is:
1/((6!/(6-k)!)*(4*6/6^4)^k*(1-4*6/6^4)^(6-k))

k=1: 10 tries
k=2: 105 tries
k=3: 1.388 tries
k=4: 24.519 tries
k=5: 649.762 tries
k=6: 34.437.377 tries

If each click takes one second, to roll a perfect character would take over a year

But I agree with you smile
We should be able to set stats. I do expect this to come as a mod if Larian does not add it regardless, so no worries...

Imo compared to most other systems, the stats do not matter all that much. On your fighter, you pretty much need str and con, and wis for saves. The other three you can dump. There is only a tiny amount of spells targeting int and cha (though cha has some famous ones like banishment), so they can be ignored.

So if we assume rolling three perfect stats and the rest do not matter, it takes on average 20 minutes. And of course, here, the race bonus is not factored in. If you have a +1 to a stat, a 17 would be enough to, that drastically cuts down time

Last edited by Qoray; 06/12/22 12:34 PM.
addict
addict
rolling 4d6 dropping 1 does not allow for 20 as a starting stat, 18 at most smile
You're not 100% right here. Racial bonus can get to you to 20. Not with all stats ofcourse.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard