Print Thread
#835417 16/12/22 11:46 AM
T
Theril Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
First off; I love that we can choose to get asked about reactions now!

I definitely want to get asked about all of them... but not all the time, including when there'd be no point in using the reaction.

If an enemy makes an attack or saving throw that is already going to miss/fail; skip Cutting Words and don't bother asking me about it.
If that enemy is going to hit/save but the maximum dice roll from Cutting Words wouldn't be enough to cause it to miss/fail; again skip Cutting Words.

Similarly for allies with Bardic Inspiration; if the roll is already a success, or if the maximum possible bardic Inspiration roll can't change the outcome, just skip it without asking.

M
M
Originally Posted by Theril
First off; I love that we can choose to get asked about reactions now!

I definitely want to get asked about all of them... but not all the time, including when there'd be no point in using the reaction.

If an enemy makes an attack or saving throw that is already going to miss/fail; skip Cutting Words and don't bother asking me about it.
If that enemy is going to hit/save but the maximum dice roll from Cutting Words wouldn't be enough to cause it to miss/fail; again skip Cutting Words.

Similarly for allies with Bardic Inspiration; if the roll is already a success, or if the maximum possible bardic Inspiration roll can't change the outcome, just skip it without asking.

Is it confirmed that this happens with the Bardic Abilities? As I understand it, at launch we'll have a range of conditions we can set for whether we get asked if we want to use a Reaction or not.

Link Copied to Clipboard