Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hi guys,

Haven't seen this anywhere else on the forums, so thought I would post it here. I am currently in the lab beneath the Apothecary, standing in front of the Rusted Iron Gate guarding the Necromancy of Thay book. Try as I might, I can find anyway to open the gate. I can't get it to open via standing on the narrow plate, I can't pick the lock and I cannot destroy the gate with either physical or magical attacks. If anyone can tell me if this is a bug, or if I am just doing something wrong, I would very much appreciate it!

veteran
veteran
Sounds lie bug to me ...
As far as u know it should be both lockpickable and destructible.

BUT there is a key.
On the other side of the room, near exit. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Sounds lie bug to me ...
As far as u know it should be both lockpickable and destructible.

BUT there is a key.
On the other side of the room, near exit. wink

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about the key. Never needed it before.

veteran
veteran
you need a set of tools to unlock a door and the pressure plate is a trap so if you disarm it then thats that... of course the key is the best option

p.s, isn't it lighting the fire pits either side of the pressure plate that unlocks the door? its been a while

Last edited by Ussnorway; 19/12/22 11:21 AM.

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
you need a set of tools to unlock a door and the pressure plate is a trap so if you disarm it then thats that... of course the key is the best option

p.s, isn't it lighting the fire pits either side of the pressure plate that unlocks the door? its been a while

Tried that, no luck, and I had lots of Lockpicks on me, but it said it was impossible to lockpick that door. It also seems to be immune to all damage, as I said above.

S
stranger
stranger
S
You can use a Mage Hand or summon to shove the book to the door, then just pick it up from the other side. smile

journeyman
journeyman
Yes I noticed they considerably hardened this part.
It's true that it's not lockpickable, but if I remember, it was possible to damage it if we do a very high number of damage (like minimum 20).
I was not able to do that so I did a Misty step through the fence and it worked smile

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Isenthal
Yes I noticed they considerably hardened this part.
It's true that it's not lockpickable, but if I remember, it was possible to damage it if we do a very high number of damage (like minimum 20).
I was not able to do that so I did a Misty step through the fence and it worked smile
Can you explain more how you did it ? which fence exactly are you saying ?

Link Copied to Clipboard