Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nephtu Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm hanging up on the Halsin dialogue when he's rescued from the Worg pens. At the point where he says "...Let me tell you what I know." he freezes. I can switch out of the dialogue by selecting another character, but no save and no option to reset the dialog, short of attacking him (which, once flee, resets, but just hangs up again on dialog.

If need be, I can redo the install, but is there some less drastic file cleanup / install health check I can do?

Ta very much.

veteran
veteran
there are unvoiced lines there you need to skip past

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same problem here. I saved just before talking to Halsin. When I respond "Glad to be of help." The dialogue hangs. The way out of this problem is to skip the dialog line using the space bar and this will restore Halsin's interaction with you. And to reiterate what the above poster stated, there is no voice response by Halsin to his response line. I loaded a previous save, and was able to get a proper response interaction using other response lines to Halsin ... so it appears that there is a bug with "Glad to be of help". This bug is repeatable. After going through this interaction dialogue with Halsin there appears to be other points where the dialogue hangs. A thorough testing of the dialogue interaction with meeting Halsin for the first time should be performed to weed out these pausing and lack of voice bugs.

Last edited by Ciobair; 27/12/22 12:42 AM.
Nephtu Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Fwiw, I found out space bar will often unstick apparently frozen dialogues.

journeyman
journeyman
Same problem here, I found if you press escape key, then resume game, and then press number 1 .. Bizzarely this gets a line of dialogue back (written on screen not just missing completely). If you do this three times you get past the dialogue problem and continue the game ..

.. But yeah, it is a problem needs looking into.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
T
stranger
stranger
T
Happened to me, read a lot of discussions on Steam. Came across one that said clicking the right mouse button skips dialogue lines and it worked. From everything I read this is a problem throughout the game and always has been. Hope they get it fixed before final release.

Link Copied to Clipboard