Print Thread
Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30
K
Banned
Banned
K
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Are you okay?

Seems someone just does BG3-humour... I'd ask the same thing of you mate - because maybe you should check out a comedy act or something. It's called taking the piss??

I worry about people that can't do sarcasm.

But my bank a/c seems very happy with where my 'jokes' got me for some reason...

Last edited by konmehn; 04/02/23 02:07 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
I’ll take that as a “no.”

K
Banned
Banned
K

Passive aggressive much?

Did I touch a nerve?

Ok.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by konmehn
Are you okay?

Seems someone just does BG3-humour... I'd ask the same thing of you mate - because maybe you should check out a comedy act or something. It's called taking the piss??

But my bank a/c seems very happy with where my 'jokes' got me for some reason...

I think it's more I can't really understand your posts, and I'm guessing Warlocke was the same. I know you're using English words (for the most part), but I don't understand the meaning of the words when they're put together. I'm not trying to be passive aggressive here, I honestly can't understand what you're talking about with this post:

That spidery, velvety, not-so-nicey…mollycoddled grip: it’s the equivalent of the innocuous yet still quietly unsettling anamorphic profile-pic on twitter, a cartoon ‘creature’, queasily grinning, that looks so generic it could be the result of a mindless AI ‘model’ – because a smile is healthy, right?

Not when it’s as forced as a Jack Torrance hammer through the old doorr-e-oo.

Do you know what I’m talking about here?

Well if you don’t – I’m not calling out the BG3 reddit fanbase above: that’s not what I’m doing. Either way, it’s called sarcasm/joking – I think that’s still a thing in 2023, though some peeps are telling me that died off in 2021 and I could be castrated, disembowelled and pissed on for being ‘smart’.

Anyways, I’ve seen considerable variety in the BG3 reddit artwork, so I wasn’t mocking them, whatever you might like to fabricate. Sometimes they even showcase Astarion. I’m very impressed by the versatility of their imagination.

What I’m really calling out above is a make-belief alternate universe, where there’s a platform that apes twitter, yet all of the ‘inhabitants’ have bizarre anime profile pics (always grinning) and are, more less, evil incarnate when you actually try and converse with them..

I know, I know – doesn’t exist in reality. But that’s why I’m trying to pitch it to all of you as a potential DnD ‘epic’ story? Evil f*cking ‘harmless’ anime-type creatures who ‘welcome’ you in to their seemingly nice community – then cut off your knob.

Is this a round about way of insulting progressives or something?

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Are you okay?

I think it's more I can't really understand your posts, and I'm guessing Warlocke was the same. I know you're using English words (for the most part), but I don't understand the meaning of the words when they're put together. I'm not trying to be passive aggressive here, I honestly can't understand what you're talking about with this post:
+1. Not angry, just have no idea what konmehn is talking about. Assume Warlocke and Boblawblah are in similar situation. Clarify?

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 04/02/23 02:34 AM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
K
Banned
Banned
K

Are you and 'Warlocke' getting upset because you think I'm insulting you/someone - is that the reason for the snark? Unless you're telling me 'are you ok' is polite conversation and isn't someone being antagonistic/triggered.

And his (or their/etc) follow up isn't mealy-mouthed.

I was joking around - it's called 'wordplay' over here in Ireland. Ever read Beckett or Joyce - they do the same thing. It doesn't mean anything - it's just a playful bit of nonsense?

Jokes, basically...

Usually you take them with a grain of salt - at least where I'm from.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
FWIW, the sesquipedalian loquaciousness was not lost on everyone.

Last edited by pachanj; 04/02/23 02:39 AM.
K
Banned
Banned
K
Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressinggown, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind him on the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned:

—Introibo ad altare Dei.

Halted, he peered down the dark winding stairs and called out coarsely:

—Come up, Kinch! Come up, you fearful jesuit!

Solemnly he came forward and mounted the round gunrest. He faced about and blessed gravely thrice the tower, the surrounding land and the awaking mountains. Then, catching sight of Stephen Dedalus, he bent towards him and made rapid crosses in the air, gurgling in his throat and shaking his head. Stephen Dedalus, displeased and sleepy, leaned his arms on the top of the staircase and looked coldly at the shaking gurgling face that blessed him, equine in its length, and at the light untonsured hair, grained and hued like pale oak.

---

That's the opening of Ulysses. Is that as baffling as what I posted? Or does it make more sense?

K
Banned
Banned
K
Originally Posted by pachanj
FWIW, the sesquipedalian loquaciousness was not lost on everyone.

Who are you referring to there? Every sentence I wrote is as simple as binary - wouldn't I know, because I write code for a living...

W
veteran
veteran
W
I’m not upset. I was fucking with you. What happened to your sense of humor? 😂

Don’t be so sensitive.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
if you think your not-so innocuous, queasily grinning, vacuous plop-plop-flushery is simple binary, no wonder you are taking offense to their pedestrian balk at your quickly raised hackles.

K
Banned
Banned
K
if you think your not-so innocuous, queasily grinning, vacuous plop-plop-flushery is simple binary, no wonder you are taking offense to their pedestrian balk at your quickly raised hackles.

haha - 'your quickly raised hackles'...

I'm just faffing about here amigo. You might want to quote where I'm getting angry - because frankly it looks like everyone else is reading too deeply into what I wrote.

Sign of a good writer btw (from what I hear)

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Irish, indeed.

veteran
veteran

Are you and 'Warlocke' getting upset because you think I'm insulting you/someone - is that the reason for the snark? Unless you're telling me 'are you ok' is polite conversation and isn't someone being antagonistic/triggered.

I was joking around - it's called 'wordplay' over here in Ireland. Ever read Beckett or Joyce - they do the same thing. It doesn't mean anything - it's just a playful bit of nonsense?

Jokes, basically...

generally, if your continuing to joke with people and they don't understand the joke and you refuse to explain it to them, that's not a joke, that's just mocking people at that point. You don't seem interested in explaining what you're referring to, so I'm going to bail out here, I can see a blackhole of conversation heading this way.

K
Banned
Banned
K
I’m not upset. I was fucking with you. What happened to your sense of humor? 😂

Don’t be so sensitive.

Sounded a bit po-faced to me === triggered, usually.

Your 'don't be so sensitive' is reverse-psychology I guess, given how taken-aback you seem to be about mere nonsensical stream-of-consciousness.

Last edited by konmehn; 04/02/23 02:53 AM.
K
Banned
Banned
K
generally, if your continuing to joke with people and they don't understand the joke and you refuse to explain it to them, that's not a joke, that's just mocking people at that point. You don't seem interested in explaining what you're referring to, so I'm going to bail out here, I can see a blackhole of conversation heading this way.

Oh really? You say that to all the comedians you don't 'get'? I don't believe that.

K
Banned
Banned
K
Irish, indeed.

huh?

W
veteran
veteran
W

Jokes, basically...

When somebody is desperately pleading for other to take offense that is a good call. Right behind ya.

K
Banned
Banned
K
When somebody is desperately pleading for other to take offense that is a good call. Right behind ya.

Anyone want to quote where I was 'desperately pleading'? Usually when you start making things up it's a sign of some kind of complex.

P
addict
addict
P
Anyway...

The AAA games industry and me haven't been friends in a long time, and when all I hear about a game is it's big tech numbers, it usually tells me that the game is probably not aimed at me.

So my most anticipated releases for 2023 are almost all indie pixel games, and small studio releases, with the exception of Legend of Zelda. I'm also keeping an eye on the development of Wild Hearts, even though I've never been a big fan of Omega Force's games in the past.

Page 5 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 29 30

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard