Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
During combat, very often I see a rapid camera movement, hear some sound effect, and then quickly another camera movement, and I struggle to understand what just happened. Who cast what spell vs whom, who was hit, etc.

I then go look at the logs to try and understand what had happened, but even the logs don't always offer easy clarity.

The primary reason I think, that I am having this difficulty is that with the camera pretty zoomed out, seeing a detailed scene with lots of creatures, I am focused on a different creature than the one that is going to act.

I think I could use some UI element (highlighting, circle etc) that would pull my attention to the character that is going to act, I would actually prefer a pause and clear title that says who did what.

Last edited by Tottenheim; 29/12/22 09:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
+1 Larian did a lot of work to speed up the animations but unfortunately at the moment the camera often fails to show what is happening during enemy turn (or even your turn if units are far apart.

Combat log needs work - it’s not very readable, and it lacks some information.

addict
addict
+1

veteran
veteran
Combat log needs to be more robust and complete, but the battle cam and battle AI need work too - the view point should shift and settle into its position before any action for that shift takes place (as in, it should move to the goblin whose turn is starting, and only once the camera has moved and settled, should the goblin begin to take their turn), and free cam control should take priority over these automated jumps, so that when you're in free cam movement, these automatic jumps are disabled and don't repeatedly tug your camera away while you're trying to look at something else - this is, ultimately, just a coding priority issue, and should be straight forward to fix... the only reason I can see why it hasn't been is that Larian aren't considering it a priority, or worse, don't consider it an issue.

Link Copied to Clipboard