Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Often in the game you just walk past something and get your characters saying "I found something here!", while I cant see anything marked on the screen, and have no idea what it is that they noticed.
The game should give you some hook to ask to be directed to the thing the character noticed. Feels pretty silly running around knowing there's something they noticed and having no idea where or what it is.

Specifically I'm thinking now of the check in Nettie's room (idk, maybe they noticed the runes?) and the one near the ogres in the shattered village (the support beam? the buried treasure?)

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yes, there's a temporary sort of shimmery glow over whatever you've spotted but it's very easy to miss when you're either moving or happen to be looking in the other direction. Might it be an improvement if the Alt tooltip key always highlighted anything that had been discovered along with whatever else it already pops up? Maybe even with some marker on the tooltip text to indicate that the highlighted item had been discovered by a perception check? Or even if we got a little message in the combat log or elsewhere on screen that said what the perception check had discovered? Even if that doesn't tell us exactly where it is, we'd at least know what we're looking for!

But yes, I think in the Ogre's building it could well be the support beam as I think there's a perception check on that. And I think in Nettie's room it's highlighting something you'd need to use to make an antidote to her poison stick should you need or want it, perhaps her cauldron?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

Link Copied to Clipboard