Next Thread
Print Thread
#841827 19/01/23 09:27 PM
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
So, I am very early in my playthrough. I've encountered the following 3 bugs thus far:

1. In the very first room on the Illithid ship, when looking at the tadpole bowl, the on screen dialogue was "Not found". The audio still played, but the script failed to find the dialogue.
2. Also on the ship, in the room where you first find Shadowheart in the pod you can also find a chest. If you interact with it, it indicates that it is locked. However, when I put it in my inventory, I was able to open it and empty the contents into my inventory, bypassing the lock entirely.
3. Several times I have attempted to use the spell Charm person.
a. The first was with the halfling in the cathedral ruins. I cast the spell and got notification that it had succeeded. However, seconds later a cut-scene triggered due to a party member being spied. This cut scene leads to us bargaining with them. Maybe this may be because of the cut scene.
b. inside the ruins, I opened a door and there was an archer there. I again attempted to charm her. Got a successful notification, but she ran and was attacking me as she fled. I might have miss-read the notifications and she succeeded in saving? Not sure.
c. In the final room of the ruins I again attempted to charm one of the grave robbers. Again I got a successful result. I am sure this time because the enemy was surrounded by a heart aura. However, he kept on attacking my party, even the person (shadowheart) who cast the spell.

A fourth potential issue took place in the druid grove. After talking to the defacto druid leader (Kagan??? something like that) and accepting that I had until the end of the day to convince the Tieflings to leave, I saw that Gale wanted to talk to me. On the steps on the way out of the chamber, I spoke with him. in mid communication, all of the sudden the leader declared me a traitor and attacked. I am not sure if this was triggered by timing, by the conversation or if it was a bug.

Last edited by The Spyder; 19/01/23 09:29 PM.
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Some additional bugs I have found.

During the 'Save the Gnome' quest in the Blighted village where you have to free the gnome from the windmill, I talked the goblins into leaving. Then when I went to shut the windmill down, a cut scene fired off as if the goblins were still there and reacting as if I had snuck into the windmill. Once the cut scene ended, they were gone again.

Pathfinding seems to be off as well, particularly on hills. Several times (usually in combat, but not always) where the ground isn't level, my characters will only move part of the way being requested and then stop. I presume this is because the walk mesh doesn't understand the gradient of the ground topography.

The boots you find in the bottom of the well in the blighted village are supposed to prevent the wearer from being ensnared. During the combat with the spiders in the caves, my bard was wearing them and was still impacted by slowed movement as if he had been ensnared.

Also, the boots which are supposed to generate a static charge don't appear to be working. Or maybe I just don't understand how they work. Either way, I was not able to use them to any effect.

Finally, there is an animal corpse outside of a cave (I think the owlbear cave, but can't confirm it) close to the bridge leading to the Blighted village. When I went to examine it, a cut scene fired. But the corpse disappears and my character is looking at the ground. The voice over still talks about the corpse. The corpse reappears once the cut scene ends.

Oh, and whenever I examine an item in my inventory regardless of which character I am looking at, the comparison always compares to my main character. So, if I am in Gale's inventory and looking at armor, it will tell me that Tav (my main character) isn't proficient in that armor type.

Last edited by The Spyder; 20/01/23 04:35 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard