Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by Niara
If Larian goes with the party exclusion again, then yeah, I agree it's very likely their various reasons for betraying us will be the leverage used at the end of the act to justify that. I'm still saying that it's weak and uninspired story-telling, and mechanically dissatisfying to boot, and I hope they don't do that again.

Agreed - I didn't like that aspect of DOS2 at all. I didn't enjoy fighting my former / would be companions and hope they don't repeat that.

I started playing DOS2 with some friends a few years ago, but unfortunately, we couldn't finish it due to scheduling issues (this seems to be a recurrent theme for us whenever we make an attempt to play any kind of roleplaying game), so I never saw how this played out.

But I wouldn't like to fight former / would be companions either, and I would find it to be a bit uninspired/forced, too, especially if the companions would automatically antagonize our character if they are not in the party.

I could imagine only very few situations where it would make sense to me that our character and a former companion actively fight each other (e.g. if our Tav hands Astarion over to Gandrel, I think it would make perfect sense for Astarion to fight us if we were to meet again).

S
S
Originally Posted by Buba68
Have you seen Tav? Found yourself awestruck by her presence? Wowed by her way with words? She's very persuasive. What infernal contract could hope to compete?
What's she got that I don't?!? [POUTS]

Mizorra has entered the chat.

about mizorra, she is the sixth one in the cover page of "5 origin characters", but she is out of the 5 origin character.

so, will mizorra a potential companion?

Last edited by stevelin7; 19/05/23 12:24 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by stevelin7
Originally Posted by Buba68
Have you seen Tav? Found yourself awestruck by her presence? Wowed by her way with words? She's very persuasive. What infernal contract could hope to compete?
What's she got that I don't?!? [POUTS]

Mizorra has entered the chat.

about mizorra, she is the sixth one in the cover page of "5 origin characters", but she is out of the 5 origin character.

so, will mizorra a potential companion?

I suspect she will be a camp companion like Volo, but not a traveling companion.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if a number of the datamined companions are also camp-followers. Jaheria and Minsc too maybe, outside of specific missions.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
The only trustworthy companion is Lae'zel.

With Lae'zel, you know exactly where you stand with her. You know what she thinks of you and what she'll do to in order to solve the issue with the tadpole.

Everyone else you don't know where you truly stand and by far, Wyll and Gale are the most untrustworthy as they feign what they think of you.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tahapenes
The only trustworthy companion is Lae'zel.

With Lae'zel, you know exactly where you stand with her. You know what she thinks of you and what she'll do to in order to solve the issue with the tadpole.

Everyone else you don't know where you truly stand and by far, Wyll and Gale are the most untrustworthy as they feign what they think of you.

That is fair

My Name is Regulator and im a Hoarder in the lands of Faerûn.

how much stuff is to much stuff, because its certainly not enough stuff.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard