Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Since my questions were basicaly all answered ...

I would like to ask different few:

- Can you please show us how Multiclass will work?
- Is there any "futher levels preview" option in character creation?
- Will we be able to change our starting gear?
- Is there any plans to customize our Character/Gear beyond character creation? (change hairstyle/color, face/color, body model/color, model of items/color, etc)
- Will our followers be customisable, and if so ... how? And when? (I mean only when recruited or any time?)
- Any coments on stat rolling during character creation?
- And how about respec?

Thank you in advance if anything will be answered. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 30/06/23 04:28 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
Anyone seen anything new about how we make custom companions, and or how its going to work ?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
There is old saying in czech ...
Ask me anything you want, anything i want i may answer. smile

In France, there was once a famous exchange between a journalist and a politician. The journalist posed a question. The politician replied off-topic. The journalist then said "that's not the question that was asked". The polician replied "perhaps it wasn't the question but that's my answer". I feel it's very much in the same vein.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
And so, since Larian didnt promised us any AMA in this PFH, but its probably our last chance to some mutual comunication ...
I just thought why dont ask some questions?

That's a good idea. Somehow. Potentially.

I was thinking of opening a similar thread, should Larian announce that they would hold a Q&A. So that we can compile and organise our questions, before the Q&A is held. But I didn't think of opening similar a thread for the incoming PFH. I mean, it's not clear that Larian is planning, to any significant extent, to use the PFH in order to inform players about what they want to hear about the most (as opposed to using the PFH to keep building player anticipation and get media coverage). But if they are, and if they are working from a list of recurrent questions they've consolidated at some point in the past, it could be a good thing for them to have recent data from us. And that reminds me that I have a couple of other questions I wanted to ask Larian.

Anyway, as far as this thread's topic is concerned, I was initially about to say that, frankly, I am not particularly anticipating Panel From Hell 8, and I have little interest in what exactly Larian will choose to reveal and what they'll choose to keep SeCr3t.

But hey, now that I'm here, I might as well list some features and specifications of the game that, in my opinion, would be nice to communicate to players and prospective buyers by now. Or, at the very least, things I'd like to know about. No particular order.

• How will conversation cutscenes handle the fact that we are adventuring as a party ?

This question is certainly not exclusive to Mutli-Player mode, although MP brings its own specificities. Even in Single-Player mode, we are adventuring as a party.

So, will the player(s) be able to choose which party member attempts an Ability Checks ? Will Passive Ability Checks (e.g. History, Religion, etc, to get extra info) be rolled by all the nearby party members ? In short, will get to feel like we are a party during a conversations ? And will building a balanced party make everything easier, from combat to conversations (as one of the loading screens claims) ?

• Will verticality be improved, especially in the case of Fly ?

Will we see flying creatures hovering a bit more than 1m above ground ? And more importantly, for interesting combat purposes, will melee creatures be able to melee attack a creature with the Flying condition ?

• Will the party control scheme be improved ?

And in particular, will PC players have a control scheme more adapted to Keyboard+Mouse ? (The current control scheme feels like it is the console/game controller one.)

• Will the camera controls be improved ?

• Will the inventory and trading UIs be improved ?

• Origins Characters, Companions and Mercernaries : how do these work ?

The concept Origin Characters is explained in the FAQ, and is well understood by now, I think. From PFH 7, it seems that we'll get Companions that are not Origin Characters. Mercernaries have been mentionned by name, but how do these work ?

• How does the Camp work ?

This contains several sub-questions.

How will Long Rests be handled ? Can it be spammed from anywhere ? Can we always teleport to Camp ? Does the world react to a night passing (e.g. enemies in a stronghold replacing killed sentinels and increasing security/alertness, or become hostile to the party) ?

How will companion's relationships and camp scenes be tied to Long Rests ? How will the inconsistency between the urgency of the tadpole situation and the game's incentives to rest often be addressed ?

• How many Companions will be available ?

Regardless of whether they're Origin Characters.

• What will be the available Races, Classes, Subclasses, and Multiclassing options ? What will max level be ? What are the Classes of the Companions ?

This one is for the players who want to plan their party composition before starting their first playthrough.

• How will Stealth work ?

Namely, was what we saw of the Stealth mechanics in Early Access indicative of how it will work in the release version, or was it mostly placeholder design ?

• What will be the disk space requirement ?

• Will the spell Spiritual Weapon be in the game ?

PS : had to edit the questions a bit, as some answers were provided by Larian very recently.

• Are there any plans whatsoever to implement Grappling or Shoving Prone?
  • Can we pet the flying elephant?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
  • How many Companions will be available ?
From the latest community update:
There will be 7 origin characters: The 5 in EA + Karlach and one to be announced at the upcoming Panel From Hell.

There will also be 4 nonorigin companions: Halsin, Jaheira, Minsc, and Minthara.

Last edited by Icelyn; 02/07/23 03:11 AM.
A
addict
addict
A
Is number of characters still restricted to 4 instead of 6? Just played a non DND game recently WH40K Rogue Trader. Again it was so good having 6 party characters. I have played Solasta and completed it and learn some stuff about dnd5e. I still feel a bigger party like 5 party character is about right for dnd5e game.

Last edited by Archaven; 02/07/23 05:45 AM.
Are non-origin companions inferior to origin companions in terms of story importance and reactivity?

veteran
veteran
Are we going to more dialogue options on full release than we currently have? Not race/class based dialogue but "generic" dialogue that lets us express personality more broadly.

After the last reveal, i will rephrase my questions

1) Will you show us some plate armor variety in models? The game is huge, with immense cimenatic length in hours, and dialogues, along with a lot of depth. I would also assume that there is equal depth in character gear options, and aesthetics variety.

2) Now that Hexblade is out, how will the Bladelock work? Will Eldritch Smite invocation be included? Will Pact of the Blade Warlock get some buffs to compensate for its weakness in melee, like you did with other subclasses?

3) Will multiclassing work the same as in tabletop?

4) Is there customization for gear? For example, can you alter an items appearance? Can you alter its color? Thinking more about armor in this one.

5) Is stat rolling instead of point buy available?

6) Every origin character has something spectacular about their backround, and it almost always involves gameplay as well. Gale has the artifact on his chest, Karlach the infernal machine, Wyll the interaction with his patron, Astarion gets vampire bites, and i'm sure there is more about ther others, and it gives them an edge. Why would you play a rogue, if you can have a vampire rogue that gets bonus from biting? What is Tav's, the custom origin character, unique trait and story? Do we get a cool ability or rp feature as well, or are we left behind like in DOS2 with the excuse "you get a blank slate character"? I would really want to see something unique for custom origin characters as well, like the origins have. I don't want to see Tav "poorer", either mechanically or roleplaying wise.

veteran
veteran
I was re-reading the last update they published on Steam (the one with the reveal of the new release date, I mean) and one thing came to mind.

I guess a "question" I would want to see answered is "Can you elaborate in greater detail about these difficulty settings?".
I'd be curious to learn more about what the "hardcore difficulty" is supposed to imply, for instance.
Is it really just "better AI and occasionally more enemies" as the text seems to suggest (which I would be perfectly fine with) or is it going to include arbitrary stat buffs to enemies (yuck)?
Also, any additional restrictions/extra conditions to resting?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Here's another, fairly small question: is there any chance of multiple variants of clothing for monks and spellcasters? Since they don't have the same sort of item progression martials have, can that be augmented by clothing with different aesthetics?

N
N
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
[*] How many Companions will be available ?

Regardless of whether they're Origin Characters.
+1
Originally Posted by Krom
6) Every origin character has something spectacular about their backround, and it almost always involves gameplay as well. Gale has the artifact on his chest, Karlach the infernal machine, Wyll the interaction with his patron, Astarion gets vampire bites, and i'm sure there is more about ther others, and it gives them an edge. Why would you play a rogue, if you can have a vampire rogue that gets bonus from biting? What is Tav's, the custom origin character, unique trait and story? Do we get a cool ability or rp feature as well, or are we left behind like in DOS2 with the excuse "you get a blank slate character"? I would really want to see something unique for custom origin characters as well, like the origins have. I don't want to see Tav "poorer", either mechanically or roleplaying wise.
+1

Will crafting be cut back, enhanced, or about the same, i.e. will all those flowers be vendor trash (or removed) or will we be making potions and/or other items useful to our characters?

veteran
veteran
Oh, another bigger question! Will the classes originally released for EA get more unique content to bring them in line with the characters added later?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Still have a few questions after all the news last week.

1. Although it sounds like the rest/camp mechanic may not be tied to the difficulty levels. I still would like to know if/how it will be reworked for launch.

2. Would love to hear something about how crafting will work in game.

3. What is the plan for most divination spells? Whether they are low level like identify and detect magic, or higher like Divination and scrying...

Is it possible to have a complete list of spells (per class) before launch ?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
Is it possible to have a complete list of spells (per class) before launch ?

I severely doubt it, but the PFH would be the best chance for that to happen.

veteran
veteran
Is Halsin going to have a tadpole?

enthusiast
enthusiast
he's not an origin character so no.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Me and My Wife play really slow, If we start now will we be wiped by the time of release?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard