I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
[/quote]
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Originally Posted by Salo
New Classes and Subclasses
For every class we introduced in Early Access, we'll be launching with at least one new subclass. That's a total of 46 subclasses, nearly half of them new, across all 12 classes - including the new Monk class.

12 x 3 + 1 Oathbreaker = 37 Subclasses until now. 9 (sub)classes left. Hmmmm lets speculate: My hope Artificier (3) + Blood Hunter (3) + 3 remaining additional subclasses for the previous 12 Core Classes like Hexblade and / or these pro Illithid classes: Soul Knife, Aberrant Mind Sorcerer.

Look at the picture saying launch classes, it gives you a full list of classes and subclasses. Its all PHB subclasses being added except where the PHB only has 2 subclasses. So the only none PHB subclasses are Wild Magic Barbarian, Storm Soul Sorcerer (I can't believe they went with the least popular Sorceerer subclass), Gloomstalker Ranger, College of Blades Bard, Spore Druid (they picked a subclass from Guildmasters Guide tk Ravnica, admittedly a cool one), most of the rest of subclasses are the cleric or Wizards.

There is no Artificer never mind Bloodhunter.

Also not only are there no new races that aren't from the PHB, none. Heck we didn't even get the other six MToFs subraces. No Aasimar, Genasi, etc...athough I'm pretty certain they are im the game as creatures.

After being so impressed by the Baldur's Gate update, after this one I find myself drowning in bitter disappointment with this one. I'm not even excited about the much earlier start. Larian is patting themselves on the back while comfort myself with the thought that the earlier start means modders can pick up the ball Larian dropped.

So disappointed in Larian.

I know you'll all accuse me of having over excited expectations and your right, it doesn't leave me feeling any better so please don't rub it in.

journeyman
journeyman
We also did a lot of work house-ruling this class, re-balancing Monks and giving them more Ki to ensure they feel powerful next to our other classes. So we're introducing brand new actions to play with.

Anyone else see this? What could this mean? I am pretty sure the community has been quite disappointed in the amount of home-brew by Larian and is this going to be another debacle?

I guess only time will tell. This also has me shuttering over how stealth mechanics continue to work, other "bonus action but should be full action" abilities and skills in the game, and reactions throughout the combat/game mechanics.

Last edited by Zyllos; 29/06/23 07:23 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
[/quote]
New Classes and Subclasses
For every class we introduced in Early Access, we'll be launching with at least one new subclass. That's a total of 46 subclasses, nearly half of them new, across all 12 classes - including the new Monk class.

12 x 3 + 1 Oathbreaker = 37 Subclasses until now. 9 (sub)classes left. Hmmmm lets speculate: My hope Artificier (3) + Blood Hunter (3) + 3 remaining additional subclasses for the previous 12 Core Classes like Hexblade and / or these pro Illithid classes: Soul Knife, Aberrant Mind Sorcerer.

Look at the picture saying launch classes, it gives you a full list of classes and subclasses. Its all PHB subclasses being added except where the PHB only has 2 subclasses. So the only none PHB subclasses are Wild Magic Barbarian, Storm Soul Sorcerer (I can't believe they went with the least popular Sorceerer subclass), Gloomstalker Ranger, College of Blades Bard, Spore Druid (they picked a subclass from Guildmasters Guide tk Ravnica, admittedly a cool one), most of the rest of subclasses are the cleric or Wizards.

There is no Artificer never mind Bloodhunter.

Thx it has already been pointed out to me...

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Buba68
@Lotus Noctus - read the press release?

Please correct me if I am wrong. My brain is mush from work, the heat is unbearable and the community update has also overwhelmed me. I never felt super stoked and super tired at the same time. crazy

If you take a look at the "Launch Classes" infographic in Salo's post above, there are already 46 subclasses, including all the added cleric domains and wizard schools, so I think that's it ... for launch, anyway, though as I mentioned I'm now getting my hopes up for post-launch grin.

Ohhhh shooot! Thanks, guys! Crap, no Artificer, but at least a Storm Sorcerer. Hexblade is available through mods anyway.

Originally Posted by Zyllos
We also did a lot of work house-ruling this class, re-balancing Monks and giving them more Ki to ensure they feel powerful next to our other classes. So we're introducing brand new actions to play with.

Anyone else see this? What could this mean? I am pretty sure the community has been quite disappointed in the amount of home-brew by Larian and is this going to be another debacle?

I guess only time will tell. This also has me shuttering over how stealth mechanics continue to work, other "bonus action but should be full action" abilities and skills in the game, and reactions throughout the combat/game mechanics.

There are a lot of threads, especially on Monk: Way of the Four Elements

They probably increased Ki points and disciplines and lowered some Ki costs from the latter. One can dismiss this as a Larian home brew, or one can praise it for taking a much-criticized (sub)class and reworking it for a video game instead of leaving it unrevised.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 29/06/23 07:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zyllos
Assuming things are as they are in 1.0 open hand monk already sounds ridiculous. Every round you can perform flurry of blows as bonus action at a cost of one Ki, and those can have assigned push to both of the attacks.

journeyman
journeyman
You guys have much more optimism that I on this. I guess I view the EA is totally what is going to be released at 1.0. I guess I will keep the grim outlook and be pleasantly surprised.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian: I LOVE YOU Forever. Thank you!!

addict
addict
This part here

“ Every so often as you level, you'll have the chance to improve your ability score with a new Feat:”

What does this mean exactly? It says *with a new Feat* not *or a new feat*…

As I have said before, the feats stink or as Sazza would say “All you feats are boring”. I wonder if they are changing it up some to allow for each feat to allow a single abilities score bump or a two point bump with the ASI option. I know some already do; however, due to the limited roll play aspects an CRPG brings, most ppl chose the ASI instead of the feats. I am sure a couple got chosen, but most prolly were left in the digital closet.

addict
addict
Also, would like to know if there are any new pact boons…. Soon SOON all questions will be answered. smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lyelle
And, yes, you’ll be able to romance almost all of them (ask us sometime about that Halsin scene).
And now I am waiting for the reaction from someone in this forum shadowheartgiggle
Yay!!!!!🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻

enthusiast
enthusiast
You made my day, Larian!

Loved CU #20--everything about it. I'll be getting mine at the beginning of August instead of the end! Great news, indeed. It tells me that you guys have been pouring your heart and soul into making the PC version the definitive version of the software to have, and I've made sure that I've got the hardware to run the game as the devs intended it to be run!

Tells me a lot about the quality of the game and the production goals. Some games (like CDPR's Punk '77) made the egregiously bad mistake of forcing the release of the PC/Console/and Mac versions on the same day! It was a bug fest. All the more baffling because CDPR didn't make that mistake with W3.

But I don't believe Larian has ever made that mistake, IIRC. If memory serves, Larian has been ahead in every game version of every game it has shipped by going first with PC version. A good move, definitely. I've owned all Larian's games since the start, if I recall, over a decade ago...;) When I got that email today I knew immediately that Larian was going for its most audacious success yet!

Great message today!...;) Looking forward to the game! Should be the game of the DECADE...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
veteran
veteran
I'm kinda concerned that they said that adding Karlach to our existing companions 'rounds out the spectrum' of morality, from good to bad and grey in between... because right now we have origin companions that cover: CE, LE, NE (possibly un-brainwashable to NG), TN and CN; even if Karlach is CG that's not 'rounding out a spectrum'.

veteran
veteran
When they say rounding out they must be including Jaheira Minsc Halsin Minthara and our as yet revealed, but possibly datamined, origin character.

I find I have mixed feelings about the party no longer being locked after act I.

It’s a shame the forum is acting up today

N
stranger
stranger
N
I don't use GOG much, but bought early access when it released in 2020 on it. I'll also get 3 days headstart and deluxe edition for GOG, right?

Life Before Death!
(Quick note: save games will not transfer from your Early Access build to release, but within the 72-hour period prior to launch, they will).
Does it say what I think it says? That EA game will be somehow transferred to the full game? An unexpected bonus..

Last edited by Choosen of KEK; 30/06/23 03:16 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
(Quick note: save games will not transfer from your Early Access build to release, but within the 72-hour period prior to launch, they will).
Does it say what I think it says? That EA game will be somehow transferred to the full game? An unexpected bonus..
Nope ...
Full game starts 3 days earlier ... you will ne limited to whole Act 1 during that time ... but after those 3 days end, you will be able to continue *THAT* characters.
Since they will be done in 1.0, there is no compatibility issue. wink

Anything created before will not transfer.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 30/06/23 04:13 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I think it's just an awkward way of saying people who begin playing a few days before 'release' won't have to start a new game.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Sozz
I think it's just an awkward way of saying people who begin playing a few days before 'release' won't have to start a new game.
After some head scratching I reached the same conclusion - they are talking about the Special Edition, available 72h pre-release and is the final version of the game, it is not EA.
I agree that the wording is clunky.

Last edited by Buba68; 30/06/23 05:26 AM.
addict
addict
Sorry if this has been answered already,

Do we still get the three day early start? July 31.

They give us a inch, and I'm trying to take a mile...still worth asking.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
L
addict
addict
L
Thank you larian. This is a very, very nice surprise!
In a month we'll be playing the full act 1!

@Doomlord - And my understanding is we can play the full act 1 72 hours before 3rd August

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard