Ok, this is the first time we see an official look on a plate armor worn by a player character, a dragonborn.

[Linked Image from clan.cloudflare.steamstatic.com]

This is the plate armor worn by the Oathbreaker Knight in EA.

Some patches ago, i happened to notice(not only me by the way, but it seems only i talked about it) that the plate armor models changed somewhat. In the original models, which were datamined or used in mods, the plate armors had a correct alignment between the leggings, and the boots, as in, the kneecaps(which is part of the legs in the BG3 models), covered the top of the boot, as you would normally expect in plate armor, and as it happens in every game so far, even Divinity.

In the newer models, or anyway, in the changed version, the legs did not align with boots. Specifically, as seen in both the Oathbreaker knight armor(same image with above dragonborn), and with any plate armor used with the original metallic boots, the legs do not align with the boots any more. The kneecaps are smaller, and create gaps between the kneecap and the boot bodel, and not only that, in the oathbreaker knight armor(see above), the boot model is even thicker than the kneecap, and again does not align.

For reference this was the original alignment of the armor in patch 6-7

[img]https://preview.redd.it/l72fvxzyasp...473a70476845204d7068fcbbf7aedf35a5371c8d[/img] You can see the normal coverage of the boots by the kneecaps, as should happen.

Now, as this an official view, i get the idea, that this was an intended design of the armor. Although i don't like it at all because it looks wrong to me, i have to respect the decision, and thus go to the first question from this update:

1) Is this boot model the only matching available for said plate armor? Are there alternatives? If there are but in different color, can you paint the armor parts so they match? And in general, are there other plate armor visuals available, that maybe have different corresponding boot models? Ones that maybe align in the "normal", classical way with the rest of the armor? I have to say again, that this is the first time i see an issue in armor like that, in a game. I honestly hope there is an alternative, or some customization, and if there is, can you show us in the PFH?

2) I noticed that there is no Hexblade Warlock subclass. I assume we won't have surprise subclasses presented in the PFH, so i take it as granted we won't see Hexblade. Can you tell us in the PFH, what is going to happen to the pact of the Blade Warlock? And the most important for a melee warlock class to function, is the eldritch smite invocation included in the game? Because if it's not, there is no point to the bladelock. Are you going to buff the pact of the blade somehow so it gains some strength? It is really lacking without some hexblade features, and eldritch smite invocation.

If anyone has additional questions after the update, feel free to post and discuss them here.

For me, i can get by without Hexblade i guess, although without Eldritch smite, lockadin won't really work any more arguably, but i really can't get by the plate armor model, the boot model looks so wrong, it does not interlock and get covered by the kneecap, and it looks bigger than the kneecap, that is really wrong, and i can tell you that as someone that was involved in making plate armor. You have somehow shrunk the kneecaps too much, and there is now no alignment between that and the top of the boot, only a gap. I honestly hope we have alternative looks, and are not locked to 1-2 plate armor visuals that are copy paste of each other.

P.S. When i first discovered the issue and talked about it, a lot of people messaged me and told me that i was worrying about nothing, that this problem with shrunk kneecaps and models is something that would never reach release. Well, here we are, and it's still here on a official screenshot. And now, i really want to know more, because although this issue that might seem like no problem, especially for those who don't play heavily armored characters, or people who are pleased with other stuff than armor appearance, it kinda is something that bothers me.

P.S.2 All in all, i am extremely hyped and looking forward to the game releasing earlier :), i just ask if possible to calm those lowly worries of mine in a the panel from hell. Maybe have an extra barbie dressing montage of plate armor? :P
Cheers

Last edited by Krom; 29/06/23 08:12 PM.