Xzoviac Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Doomlord
Curious, this is the first dnd game
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I dunno ...
I kinda agree with the explanation Tuco posted here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=856539#Post856539

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I mean, if you look at that UI, its separated to segments ...
Up left - Equipment
Down - Weapons and simmilar stuff (Dont tell me lute is not a weapon until you hear me play!)
Up right - Camp equipment
Mid right - Accessories

And in between camp equipment and accessories is something that is neither.
If it should be belt, i would expect it on up left ...

Underwear actually makes sense, since people indeed was asking for it ...

//Edit:
And now im sure its underwear! laugh
Loot at them:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This is the first dnd video game I've played that didn't have a belt of giant strength, Now we get panties of deception... lol
Wonder if the three pantaloons will show up again, get the big unit armour

Xzoviac Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
just a little update I emailed the devs directly asking if this old article https://twinfinite.net/features/baldurs-gate-3-interview/ is still correct are still getting rolling for stats or has this feature been removed as its not in the most recent build tested at the panel from hell

Unfortunately I don't have any further information to share in regards to rolling for stats, please keep an eye on our socials for any future announcements.

this is what they said, i guess it doesn't say its been removed from the game at least, and they plan to announce something more on social media "soon"

stranger
stranger
No reason to not include it in the EA then. I hope they think about it and we can get it at the release. Thanks for ask Xzoviac ! laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Cyrus
No reason to not include it in the EA then.
Here i disagree ...
You need characters of medium strength, when you are gathering telemetry to tune difficiulty of your encounters and skill rolls.

By stat rolling you can get lots of exceptionaly strong, or exceptionaly weak (yes i know, its unbelievable but people do this aswell) characters that would make quite a mess in your data.
It maked perfect sense to only include point buy in EA ...

But now, when this part of the work is done ... there is no reason to not include it in Final Release!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Cyrus
No reason to not include it in the EA then.
Here i disagree ...
You need characters of medium strength, when you are gathering telemetry to tune difficiulty of your encounters and skill rolls.

By stat rolling you can get lots of exceptionaly strong, or exceptionaly weak (yes i know, its unbelievable but people do this aswell) characters that would make quite a mess in your data.
It maked perfect sense to only include point buy in EA ...

But now, when this part of the work is done ... there is no reason to not include it in Final Release!

It's the same problem, if you want to test things in an EA, you can test everything and not run into RFT issues later in the release due to having high stats. I sincerely believe that there is something that they do not want to say or that they are afraid that the game will break somewhere due to certain combos that they do not have planned and that is why they restrict things so much. And if people can make characters with vitiligo, scars or whatever to identify with themselves, I still need to identify with a warrior who is not only very strong but very charismatic and intelligent and I don't have enough stats to do it. :P Just joking, Im just strong and a silly one xD

Banned
Banned
Confirmed at 1:18 of this youtube video

Last edited by 5eRULES!; 20/07/23 05:53 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
this video is from 3 years ago. you should be banned for posting that as some sort of confirmation from Larian.
Originally Posted by 5eRULES!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 5eRULES!
Really old video, and not something we have seen as doable in gameplay videos of the full game yet and Larian haven't spoken on the matter in a long time so it is starting to look more like we won't be able to roll for stats, at least not at launch.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah we definitely can't trust years old mentions of rolling. I would like it as an option, I would be fine with restrictions like "can't be used for MP characters", there were all sorts of house rules on multiplayer BG/BG 2 games way back when with people setting limits on the total point spend etc. I can see the argument for a coded limitation or option for one when hosting a MP game. In singleplayer I think it should be an option, I'm sure we won't get Troika-style super-low int conversation options if they're using the standard point buy rules but personally I like rolling stats in the tabletop version as it makes for more diverse/interesting stat lines.

My gut feeling is that no word either way means we might see rolling for stats, but it's a low priority so they've not come out and said yes or no because the devs themselves haven't made the final call to add it at launch/patch it in/drop it completely.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
just a little update I emailed the devs directly asking if this old article https://twinfinite.net/features/baldurs-gate-3-interview/ is still correct are still getting rolling for stats or has this feature been removed as its not in the most recent build tested at the panel from hell

Unfortunately I don't have any further information to share in regards to rolling for stats, please keep an eye on our socials for any future announcements.

this is what they said, i guess it doesn't say its been removed from the game at least, and they plan to announce something more on social media "soon"

That's sounds to me like they could add it but they don't really know if they want it on the game or not, thx for the info.

Yeah, I'd be fine with it as long as it wasn't usable in MP, or you could set it so that it couldn't be. Rolling for stats is one of my least favorite things of Solasta.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
"or you could set it so that it couldn't be"

This.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Xurtan
Yeah, I'd be fine with it as long as it wasn't usable in MP, or you could set it so that it couldn't be. Rolling for stats is one of my least favorite things of Solasta.

They could either outright disallow it in multiplayer, tie the option to the host or simply allow it without rerolls (that would be favorite).

Just let people get one roll per 24h, that way the wannabe cheaters have to wait 24h for their next roll or just accept to follow the rules if they want to start playing.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Potatoo
Just let people get one roll per 24h, that way the wannabe cheaters have to wait 24h for their next roll or just accept to follow the rules if they want to start playing.

I don't understand what the purpose of this proposed solution would be. Let the player play as they want, even in multiplayer. It's not a competitive game, so everyone can do as they please. In Solasta, both modes are available, and everyone plays as they prefer. Clear and simple.

old hand
old hand
But, I think I said this before actually, what's the point of rolling then?
I mean, by that rationale, you might as well have a counter that says how many points you want for your point buy, all the way up to 15 in each ability.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
The purpose is to keep the game balanced and not let people cheat. If you wan't to make the game easier then take the easy difficulty.

veteran
veteran
Do i guess corectly that you are younger than 25? laugh

I mean no disrespect by that ...
But us, older generations remember those times when we were changing time in Windows back and forth in order to prolong our "trial" version of certain programs. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm in the camp that folk can do whatever they like in their own singleplayer games and wouldn't care whether or not there was any limitation on stat rolling. And I wouldn't mind if people were also given the option to just enter their desired stats, so they could replicate a TT character, manually roll offline, or just cheat if that's what they want to do. I guess for multiplayer some restrictions might be helpful.

Personally, as I've just said in another thread but it's probably more relevant here, having been brought round in the course of BG3 EA to the fun of working round weaknesses and flaws and just rolling with the dice, my main regret if we don't get stat rolling would be not being able to roll characters just once and try to work around what I got, including potentially some real lows and highs. That said, this is probably something I'd want to leave until I'd mastered the game with a more balanced character, so personally I won't be too upset if we don't get stat rolling on release. I'll still be hoping it gets added later, though.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Xzoviac Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The purpose is to keep the game balanced and not let people cheat. If you wan't to make the game easier then take the easy difficulty.

So you think we should be able to dice roll in easy difficulty?, maybe it should be optional then, like we have been asking for.

Then people can play the game how they want to play it

And you can still play the game in the hardest difficulty and choose to use point buy

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard