Print Thread
#856296 08/07/23 05:34 AM
G
Gnils Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Something I was unclear about from the PFH. Swen mentioned that you can take up to four custom characters if you don't want to take any of the origin chars with you. Did he mean in a single player playthrough, or as it in reference to multiplayer?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gnils
Something I was unclear about from the PFH. Swen mentioned that you can take up to four custom characters if you don't want to take any of the origin chars with you. Did he mean in a single player playthrough, or as it in reference to multiplayer?
We can get mercenary type tavs where we pick the class dunno about appearance and have a full custom single player experience

S
old hand
old hand
S
Unfortunately there hasn't been any confirmation you will be able to make a custom party from the start. Considering the amount of people who painstakingly launched four instances of the game to achieve that, it is a bit disappointing Larian did not hinted at a better option during the PFH.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Funny enough, bg1 allowed you to make a full party through multiplayer rather easily back in the 90s. And, the remakes lets you do it in single player. Lol

Last edited by Volourn; 11/07/23 03:59 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Well I like this style, only romance section may not active this way.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
As someone who will most likely at least play with 2 custom characters and have a playthrough with a all 4 being custom, I'm actually wondering how much content will be locked away behind the Larian main characters. We know the origin characters have their own scenes and everything lock behind their own origin playthroughs, but I would be surprised if major 'side quest' and storylines will be cut if you don't use them as your NPCs (because that happens in all other games as well, but I have the feeling Larian love to put their origin characters in the spotlight even above the player's Tav). That's actually the only reason I keep slots in the party open for those Larian ones, no matter how much they annoyed me so far.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by snowram
Unfortunately there hasn't been any confirmation you will be able to make a custom party from the start. Considering the amount of people who painstakingly launched four instances of the game to achieve that, it is a bit disappointing Larian did not hinted at a better option during the PFH.
Based on the Interviews it seems the custom characters are specific NPCs in the game you first have to find and, once hired, can be completely customized (at least their class?)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gnils
Did he mean in a single player playthrough, or as it in reference to multiplayer?
Both ...

There is known multiplayer workaround that will most likely work in full release.
It was confirmed that we will be able to make hirelings, wich will be basicaly another custom characters with no talking, no personality, and no story ... just there to fulfill the role you need.
And some people are SPECULATING but it was never officialy confirmed (even tho some talk in the past implyed it), that we will be able to make multiple characters at game start.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard