Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Elessaria666
Originally Posted by Silver/
I think it's Karlach for the good side, and Shadowheart for the evil to neutral side.

I emphasize with your complaint, though. Karlach isn't really everyone's type and it feels forced in good playthroughs. I'm hoping Larian has romance options with NPCs that aren't quite part of your party, but on your side nonetheless. With what I've heard, I'm expecting a solid number of them.
There are certainly strong hints in Early Access content that a relationship with Lakrissa is a possibility. I certainly hope so!

There are a couple tieflings that seem open to follow up convos. I don't remember their names, but both the bard and the watchwoman in the alcove with the lookout tower seem interested.

Back from timeout.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by FuriousGreg
So you can have Bear sex but there's no romance options for strait, male characters with a non-evil female NPC? Am I missing a romance option or is Larian ignoring us? I fully understand there may be a romance option that fits the bill that I'm unaware of so if there is one please let us strait guys know wink

PS> Just to head off the very vocal inclusion folks; I am happy as a clam that there are options for that 3-6% of the population that identifies as not strait or the somewhat larger % of folks that just want to explore options or whatever but it's kinda non-inclusive to leave out the rest of us who'd like to romance someone of the opposite sex who's not evil.
Both shadowheart and karlach are none evil romances.

Shadowheart seems downright demure even.

addict
addict
Karlach seems like an absolute sweetheart, and we know she was in Hell against her will. She definitely comes off as good-aligned.

That said I do sympathize with this complaint. It does feel like the woman side of the roster got kind of shafted in terms of romantic options that don't lean toward the dark side of morally grey. Lae'zel is definitely evil. A product of her evil culture. Shadowheart is working toward the goals of an evil religion at the start of the game, so she too can't exactly be good.

Meanwhile, the men's side has Gale, Wyll, and Halsin who all seem acceptable for a morally upright fellow to have a go with. Some might be shadier than others, but they at least present themselves on the lighter side of grey.

The Dark Urge was a bit of a letdown for me as I was really hoping for one more good-aligned female option to round the roster out. It isn't a huge deal for me since Karlach seems perfect, but not everyone wants to date a devil girl.

Hopefully, Jaheira will be romanceable and Shadowheart will be somewhat easy to sway to the side of good. That would balance things out nicely.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
Karlach seems like an absolute sweetheart, and we know she was in Hell against her will. She definitely comes off as good-aligned.

That said I do sympathize with this complaint. It does feel like the woman side of the roster got kind of shafted in terms of romantic options that don't lean toward the dark side of morally grey. Lae'zel is definitely evil. A product of her evil culture. Shadowheart is working toward the goals of an evil religion at the start of the game, so she too can't exactly be good.

Meanwhile, the men's side has Gale, Wyll, and Halsin who all seem acceptable for a morally upright fellow to have a go with. Some might be shadier than others, but they at least present themselves on the lighter side of grey.

The Dark Urge was a bit of a letdown for me as I was really hoping for one more good-aligned female option to round the roster out. It isn't a huge deal for me since Karlach seems perfect, but not everyone wants to date a devil girl.

Hopefully, Jaheira will be romanceable and Shadowheart will be somewhat easy to sway to the side of good. That would balance things out nicely.
Shadowheart isnt working towards Shar's goals at the start of the game, shes just trying to survive, same as anyone else.

If you are too evil it even messes up your romance with her.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Shadowheart isnt working towards Shar's goals at the start of the game, shes just trying to survive, same as anyone else.

She is actively working for Shar when we meet her. That's what the puzzle box is all about. She was sent to steal it, but got captured by Mind Flayers mid-mission. Her attempts to survive with us are her attempts to complete that mission. She tells you as much.

She doesn't seem to have the stomach for mega evil, which we learn from taking her along the Grove Killing path. That is good. It means she herself isn't totally irredeemable.

But she is still serving an evil god actively and intentionally.

N
old hand
old hand
N

She is actively working for Shar when we meet her. That's what the puzzle box is all about. She was sent to steal it, but got captured by Mind Flayers mid-mission. Her attempts to survive with us are her attempts to complete that mission. She tells you as much.

She doesn't seem to have the stomach for mega evil, which we learn from taking her along the Grove Killing path. That is good. It means she herself isn't totally irredeemable.

But she is still serving an evil god actively and intentionally.

She has those memories yes, but nothing indicates those are true memories. She even pops approval from selfless actions.

We know from the dark urge that
the nautiloid has been putting people on ice for at least 15 years and doing who knows what else to them

addict
addict
What I find curious, is Shar sends a lv 1 clr...on what is essentially a epic quest. To steal a artifact from a lawful evil race of psychopathic murders in space lol,
Now some would argue she is not really lv 1, however her spells and attributes say something else.

scratching my head.

I would like to add over all my hrs of playing she is my favorite next would be Lae'zel

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
addict
addict
She has those memories yes, but nothing indicates those are true memories. She even pops approval from selfless actions.

the nautiloid has been putting people on ice for at least 15 years and doing who knows what else to them

Fan theories are kind of irrelevant to the conversation. If I'm a newish player playing a good guy and choosing my romantic partner I'm not going to know Shadowheart might be operating on incorrect information about who she is. What is important is that, as far as she knows, she's trying to help Shar in whatever probably nefarious scheme she's cooking.

N
old hand
old hand
N

Fan theories are kind of irrelevant to the conversation. If I'm a newish player playing a good guy and choosing my romantic partner I'm not going to know Shadowheart might be operating on incorrect information about who she is. What is important is that, as far as she knows, she's trying to help Shar in whatever probably nefarious scheme she's cooking.

Except noting indicates to new players shadowheart is evil, especially when most of them won't even know who Shar is.

Shadowheart pops approval for most selfless acts and starts opening up to you pretty quickly.

addict
addict
Except noting indicates to new players shadowheart is evil, especially when most of them won't even know who Shar is.

Shadowheart pops approval for most selfless acts and starts opening up to you pretty quickly.

Which is itself a flaw with how the game presents her story. Anyone from Faerun should know Shar is not a good being. However, nobody but the priestess that took her memories should know off the bat that Shadowheart may not be a reliable narrator about her own self.

Also, Shadowheart disapproves of a fair few selfless acts too. Mainly she approves of avoiding conflict because it wastes time, but she doesn't like going out of her way to help people either as that also slows her down. There are a few exceptions there. Mostly related to children. But it is her general rule.

But that is also why I don't consider her evil either. I see Shadowheart as more Lawful Neutral than anything. But as far as Shadowheart herself knows she's on a mission for an evil god and is totally fine with that. She even goes so far as to hate on Selune left and right. She's ride or die for her evil religion as of Act 1. So for me, she leans closer to evil than she does good at the point in the game that we meet her.

Which isn't to say she can't become good later. But for Act 1 I'd fine it hard to justify a good aligned character romancing a Shar priestess outside of an "opposites attract" story.

A
stranger
stranger
A
So you can have Bear sex but there's no romance options for strait, male characters with a non-evil female NPC? Am I missing a romance option or is Larian ignoring us? I fully understand there may be a romance option that fits the bill that I'm unaware of so if there is one please let us strait guys know wink

PS> Just to head off the very vocal inclusion folks; I am happy as a clam that there are options for that 3-6% of the population that identifies as not strait or the somewhat larger % of folks that just want to explore options or whatever but it's kinda non-inclusive to leave out the rest of us who'd like to romance someone of the opposite sex who's not evil.
I have a side question: In the bear romance video, finally a hamster showing interesting face like young child. Is this hamster boo? Or is it the new companion of Minsc?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
That's correct. Jaheira and Minsc are the only ones we haven't gotten confirmation about regarding romance.
Because the game has only announced up to the end of chapter 1. :>

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
...god, I hate Bioware for the romance-madness they introduced to video games... (I'm joking, but only half...)

Complaining about 'not having a good aligned young female character you can have a sex scene with, is the same as complaining there is no evil Haslin to romance... having a romance option in games went from a nice gimmick to 'lets fulfill every players fantasy or you get a complaint/s***storm' ...

veteran
veteran

As many have mentioned, there is Karlach, who is good aligned. Shadowheart probably will turn out that way too, if ( the very plausible) theories are true, even though she starts out as a cleric of Shar. Take notice of some of her flashbacks and conversations.
That leaves Lae'zel and Minthara as evil female companions.

On the male side it doesn't exactly look better: Gale and Wyll might have pleasant demeanors, but they are fishy as hell and you have to compete with a cambion and a godess for their affection - really not cool. Astarion is a downright evil murderhobo, which leaves Halsin.

So I don't see, why you would see straight males as having it worse, than anybody else. Apart from Karlach, Halsin, Jaheira and Minsc ( and I bet, the last two are not romanceable) No companion is good aligned.
And you know, as Queen mentioned, we female player had it worse for years, I just say Anomen versus Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia-, not to mention, that I as a lesbian woman had no option at all without mods in a lot of games. Mind you, I normally play romances not based on my actual preferences, but based on if they promise a good story - but Anomen? No way.

Last edited by fylimar; 11/07/23 07:56 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Doomlord
What I find curious, is Shar sends a lv 1 clr...on what is essentially a epic quest. To steal a artifact from a lawful evil race of psychopathic murders in space lol,
Now some would argue she is not really lv 1, however her spells and attributes say something else.

scratching my head.

Gale is someone who tried to usurp a godess - Level 1 mage when you meet him.
Wyll is the hero of the frontier - Level 1 (maybe 2) warlock
Ly'zael is a experienced gith princess hunting mindflayers - Level 1 fighter...
Karlach has spent 10 years fighting in the bloodwar - and has even the chance to be a level 4 barbarian by the time you meet her...
Well Astarion might really be nothing more than a boy toy for a century, so the level 1 can be fitting

Sorry, but that's just Larian (who will maybe even bless us with some brilliant/new story explanation like 'the bug is suppressing your actual powers!' why our world shaking previous character experience are represented with level 1).

veteran
veteran
In fairness, Lae'zel is actually a perfectly normal, standard Gith who hasn't even achieved her rite of passage yet. She's not a princess. I take her referring to Vlaakith as "mother" being the same as Christians referring to God as "Father." I want to make sure Larian is getting the flak they deserve, no more, no less.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
In fairness, Lae'zel is actually a perfectly normal, standard Gith who hasn't even achieved her rite of passage yet. She's not a princess. I take her referring to Vlaakith as "mother" being the same as Christians referring to God as "Father." I want to make sure Larian is getting the flak they deserve, no more, no less.

I agree and I would not put Lae'zel on the same level of evil than Minthara or Astarion.
She is very open about everything and doesn't seem to have a hidden agenda. Plus it is not clear, how her story will unfold. She seems to have some doubts after the meeting with the githyanki at the bridge, so who knows, were her story leads.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost

Thanks, I honestly didn't know that because I was never interested in that race. Still level 1 would be a ridiculous skillset for her role. But we have level 5 arch druids, and the whole gith patrol also level (including the dragon rider?) on 5? Actually it doesn't matter. I think part of it is the engine, because Nere or whatever the grimforge drow is called is was a spellcaster level '5' with 96 hitpoints in my playthrough... part of it is the engine I would assume and on the other hand Larian struggling with the storytelling and what levels are supposed to mean in 5e.

Sorry for the detour, I'm ending this here. Let's get back to all the missing sex options for us poor players who have only barely - what 10? - possible romances - yet not all our needs are met XD

Last edited by biomag; 11/07/23 08:11 AM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Arkhan
She worships a deity that wants to annihilate everything in existence. It doesn't come much more evil than that.
Well not from a good perspective, anyway.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I think in the game's situation, changing someone's beliefs is actually on you. The devs even said that based on the choices you make, your companions will either like it or not. They will also choose to either stay with you or leave but at the end of the day it will all depend on the choices you make in the game. That also means that just because someone is "evil", it doesn't mean they will stay that way. You might be able to change them based on your choices.
That suggests you frame your actions to accommodate the companion rather than the companion changing.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard