Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Buri
Is there any info out there regarding the camp scenes and long rests? Has maybe one content creator from the PFH event talked about it?

Are you talking about some camp conversations being tied to rests? When I played I did observe some changes to that. Let me find a link to where I posted about it.

EDIT: Here's one post where I talked about what I observed of (previously) camp conversations when I played the full game on Friday last week. I'm pretty sure there was another earlier in the thread as well, but I think it just said more or less the same. I saw so little it's not conclusive, but I'm cautiously optimistic given there's at least some good evidence that Larian have listened to feedback.

Even though i can't see a link, the "it's not conclusive" part answers my question, thank you for checking. At the moment this is my biggest concern for such a story heavy game, let's hope for the best.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by colinl8
How much of this drip drip drip of info is intentional marketing to keeps us chomping at the bit until release?

Do you think they're going to drop a couple more updates in the next three weeks just to keep this level of interest up?

Every update always means a flurry of articles and tweats, and anybody with a passing interest in computer games and/or tabletop games will have Google news, Twitter, etc. making sure the words "Baldur's Gate 3" interact with their eyeballs a dozen times between now and the 6th.

I think it's entirely possible we're being tortured on purpose for Larian's own nefarious ends grin

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Is there any info out there regarding the camp scenes and long rests? Has maybe one content creator from the PFH event talked about it?

Are you talking about some camp conversations being tied to rests? When I played I did observe some changes to that. Let me find a link to where I posted about it.

EDIT: Here's one post where I talked about what I observed of (previously) camp conversations when I played the full game on Friday last week. I'm pretty sure there was another earlier in the thread as well, but I think it just said more or less the same. I saw so little it's not conclusive, but I'm cautiously optimistic given there's at least some good evidence that Larian have listened to feedback.

Even though i can't see a link, the "it's not conclusive" part answers my question, thank you for checking. At the moment this is my biggest concern for such a story heavy game, let's hope for the best.

D'oh! Here it is: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=860196#Post860196.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
I
old hand
old hand
I
How much of this drip drip drip of info is intentional marketing to keeps us chomping at the bit until release?

Do you think they're going to drop a couple more updates in the next three weeks just to keep this level of interest up?

Every update always means a flurry of articles and tweats, and anybody with a passing interest in computer games and/or tabletop games will have Google news, Twitter, etc. making sure the words "Baldur's Gate 3" interact with their eyeballs a dozen times between now and the 6th.
Currently the ones doing the dripping are streamer from PFH. So even when pacing themselves their content should dry up soon. Unless of course Larian is feeding Fextralive (all others are just copying from him) new infos. Which is possible considering he seems to have access to exclusive videos like the tadpole interface.

Last edited by Ixal; 12/07/23 10:00 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Do we have a Larian source on respecing Origin companions starting class? I couldn't see it above.
Only Fextralife trying the press build, so far. But I have no reasons to think they gave him a faulty version of the game and they will remove the feature later.
Fextralife himself stated in comments under his video that he been told that Origins respec may not make it into final release.
https://imgur.com/a/f6pqG33

Originally Posted by Ixal

Currently the ones doing the dripping are streamer from PFH. So even when pacing themselves their content should dry up soon.

The issue is that even those streamers played a v0.9 as far as I understood. Some things may change.

... because it's fun!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin
Fextralife himself stated in comments under his video that he been told that Origins respec may not make it into final release.
https://imgur.com/a/f6pqG33
Well, isn't this wonderful news?
At least as long as this actually happens.

Last edited by Tuco; 12/07/23 10:02 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I know this is a small thing, but does anyone else find it weird that middle aged/older women are getting this "#mommy" thing lately in modern media? I'm not really a fan if I'm honest. Like, Jaheira is this super powerful Druid, but let's call her "mommy" which ends up sounding weirdly sexual..?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Do we have a Larian source on respecing Origin companions starting class? I couldn't see it above.
Only Fextralife trying the press build, so far. But I have no reasons to think they gave him a faulty version of the game and they will remove the feature later.

I noticed they specifically didn't say anything about it though. I wonder if they've gone back on that after so many people pointed out how badly it would screw up the narrative and would make no sense. I don't see the point at all if you can just use the hirelings for your own custom party. Perhaps they wised up and flip-flopped on it at the last second.

P
stranger
stranger
P
That hireling bit is actually a major concern for me. One of the things I was so excited to use BG3 for was to use the huge backlog of DnD characters I will never get to play as the primary DM in my friend group. So are they making it so that hirelings are just, again, premade characters that we can change some looks of? Basically "Origin" custom characters?

If that is indeed the case, Larian -- stop overdesigning stuff. Stop making characters for me to play. Let me make my own.

I'm going to withhold full judgment for release but as someone that isn't into the whole Origin thing and was really looking forward to full custom parties, this is a major blow to my hype.

Also the workaround of multiple instances is, to be frank, a dumb thing to have to do for a fully released game. Fine for EA, sure, but on release? I'm not about it.

veteran
veteran
Yea, "custom party" means I can CUSTOMIZE my party. I want my fellowship of the ring hobbit party dangit!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yes I'm hopeful the Origin Companions cannot only be respecced after that first level in their story-class. Let's be honest, that initial class is part of their narrative, and destroying that narrative by changing level 1 makes them no better than hirlings with romance options.

What's the point?
I think level 1 in their core class/level 11 in a multiclass ( if we so choose) is enough flexibility

JMO

No reason to give complete level 0 resets for companions if there are so many hireling options.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by amblingalong
Originally Posted by Potatoo
Dear Steam,

I originally purchased this game because it was promised that I will receive it on August 28th, three days earlier than regular release date which is August 31th. Now this scum of a company called Larian changed the release date to August 3rd and I no longer feel privileged because my special three day VIP access was taken away from me.

I want my money back, now!
Dear Steam,

I originally purchased this game because it was promised that I will receive it on August 28th, three days earlier than regular release date which is August 31th. Now this scum of a company called Larian changed the release date to August 3rd and I no longer feel privileged because my special three day VIP access was taken away from me.

Oh for goodness' sakes. You're getting access to the game a month earlier than you were 'promised,' and you're not losing out on anything.

Jeez.

I guess the original post was irony making a dig at those complaining we will get the game on August 3rd instead of August 31st as originally planned. People should be happy a game company actually moved forward a release date instead of postponing as they usually do.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Stauffenberg
Originally Posted by amblingalong
Dear Steam,

Oh for goodness' sakes. You're getting access to the game a month earlier than you were 'promised,' and you're not losing out on anything.

Jeez.

I guess the original post was irony making a dig at those complaining we will get the game on August 3rd instead of August 31st as originally planned.

Indeed. I think this has helped demonstrate one reason why making digs isn't a good idea. We're better off saying what we think rather than trying to make fun of others' concerns.

C
C
In less than a month I will become a degenerate, antisocial caveman for at least a week. CANT WAIT.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Btw, I'm desperately itching to get my hands on that character creator again!

I could easily have just spent all the time I was lucky enough to get with the full game in Ghent on the PFH day just playing around with that.

M
M
Originally Posted by Ixal

Currently the ones doing the dripping are streamer from PFH. So even when pacing themselves their content should dry up soon. Unless of course Larian is feeding Fextralive (all others are just copying from him) new infos. Which is possible considering he seems to have access to exclusive videos like the tadpole interface.

Does it require a lot of work for you to be such a relentlessly negative & nasty person, or does it come.naturally to you?

S
S
This is the second time they’ve referenced Ed Sheeran. Is he going to make a cameo in the game??

S
stranger
stranger
S
Wish you could have got us the news sooner - booked my leave for the three day access, already moved it once when you moved it a month early, won't be able to move it twice.

But hey ho - still getting it a month earlier.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zellin
Way to go, Larian. Take away the one and only thing I've liked so far.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard