Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Alodar
Originally Posted by Silverstar
Copy-pasting from the other thread:

I'm extremely disappointed in how hirelings will apparently be handled. Was expecting and hoping for blank slate characters like the PC, not just more Origin characters with no origin.

Hopefully we'll still be able to launch multiple instances of the game and create our own Multiplayer game to create custom parties.

How cumbersome and taxing on the system, just because Larian can't manage to implement a decent custom party character creation.

Hopefully they have implemented character build saves? One have to start four instances and have to tediously build your custom characters. To put it more casually: I want to keep my PC for a while and not set off the smoke detector...

S
S
Originally Posted by Salo
Because despite the darkness lurking within this character, how you choose to play the Dark Urge is for you to decide. In Baldur’s Gate 3, there is no clear-cut “Evil path” and no path that is plainly Good. There are simply choices, ramifications, and a personal evolution that will ensure who you play is as complex and multifaceted as you are.

..., but sadly, your nature decide your path, not your will. and this is that your will actually follow your nature.

i will always only play tav, because i have the option, and i choose refuse "the nature of dark urge" in the beginning, not accept it.

"you have the power to resist the nature of dark urge, because you always refuse it in your mind. once you accept it, this is a checkmate."

Last edited by stevelin7; 14/07/23 12:44 AM.
C
C
Are any of these updates LIVE? Is there any reason for me to install the game again after Patch 9?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by crst
Are any of these updates LIVE? Is there any reason for me to install the game again after Patch 9?

Not live. Only reason would be if you want try some other classes you haven't yet.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Question about the Dragonborn since the get to use a their breath weapon once per day. Now you've got I believe is 3 different breath weapons Fire; Cold; and Lightening. Say I chose Dragonborn Fire will <s>he be immune to fire damage? Or will they only be resistant to fire damage say 75% or something like that there? I would think that you would be immune but not sure how Larian has set it up.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian might have changed things, we don't know yet, but in tabletop, they have resistance, not immunity.

In 5e, there is only resistance, not x% resistance. Being resistant to a damage type always means taking half damage (so 50% resistance)

You can not hit yourself with your own breath weapon, so you don't have to worry about hurting yourself because you are not immune to the damage type

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Qoray
Larian might have changed things, we don't know yet, but in tabletop, they have resistance, not immunity.

In 5e, there is only resistance, not x% resistance. Being resistant to a damage type always means taking half damage (so 50% resistance)

You can not hit yourself with your own breath weapon, so you don't have to worry about hurting yourself because you are not immune to the damage type

Well I wasn't worried about hurting myself with my own breath weapon as that would be hard to do.<G>

So now if your dragonborn fire and drink a resist fire potion would the 2 of them stack?

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Originally Posted by Qoray

Well I wasn't worried about hurting myself with my own breath weapon as that would be hard to do.<G>

So now if your dragonborn fire and drink a resist fire potion would the 2 of them stack?
5e rules states as follow:
"Multiple instances of resistance or vulnerability that affect the same damage type count as only one instance. For example, if a creature has resistance to fire damage as well as resistance to all nonmagical damage, the damage of a nonmagical fire is reduced by half against the creature, not reduced by three-- quarters."
What I understand taking into account the above that dragonborn fire resistance and drink a resist fire potion does not stack. ofc, that works if BG3 follows the same rule.

Last edited by Circly; 18/07/23 04:51 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Circly
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
[quote=Qoray]Larian might have changed things, we don't know yet, but in tabletop, they have resistance, not immunity.

5e rules states as follow:
"Multiple instances of resistance or vulnerability that affect the same damage type count as only one instance. For example, if a creature has resistance to fire damage as well as resistance to all nonmagical damage, the damage of a nonmagical fire is reduced by half against the creature, not reduced by three-- quarters."
What I understand taking into account the above that dragonborn fire resistance and drink a resist fire potion does not stack. ofc, that works if BG3 follows the same rule.

Will have to admit Not sure now about my character class. Stuck between Drow, Dragonborn, and High Elf and with the Dragonborn it doesn't look like it's got much going for it but will have to see in 2 weeks

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard