Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#861630 13/07/23 03:10 PM
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Fextralife is showing his footage from his 1.0 play on Twitch, and he's answering questions from chat.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Probably the first time I will willingly watch a Fextralife stream...

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well, he was streaming. It just ended, lol. I'm sure a lot of you already knew and were in there, though.

S
old hand
old hand
S

W
veteran
veteran
W
If anybody can post any interesting developments here, that would be super cool.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm 36 minutes into the VOD and I don't think I've heard anything revelatory

I don't think the build the influencers got to play is 1.0. It is probably 0.9 or something. Retail version might have some changes still, like stat rolling.

journeyman
journeyman
Fexatralife has an itemization video out. Let me just say it's very on brand for Larian. Still excited for the game, But from what I've seen the last week, I think I will just embrace the cheese and play it like a DOS game.

Last edited by Dulany67; 13/07/23 04:14 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Dulany67
Fexatralife has an itemization video out. Let me just say it's very on brand for Larian. Still excited for the game, But from what I've seen the last week, I think I will just embrace the cheese and play it like a DOS game.

Sounds great to me. I love DOS2. You wouldn’t contract Larian to make a BioWare clone any more than you would hire Hideo Kojima to make a brand consistent Mario game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
51 minutes:
Fex accidentally overheard the devs arguing about whether to show the bear sex scene the day before the event (he was there for press day and stayed longer than everyone else).

Apparently, the non-bear sex scene with Halsin is even more graphic

Fex believes there will be a paid DLC because WotC likes money. At the very least he expects there to be a series of free content updates.

1:05
WotC let Larian have Carte Blanc for making BG3

1:11
Not only does Wyll have a new story, he even has a new VA.

Last edited by Eagle Pursuit; 13/07/23 04:52 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I skimmed through to a couple spots just to try and see if anyone asked for clarification about multiclassing spell progression. I haven't found exactly what I wanted, but at 2:08:09 someone asks "is multiclassing usually better than not?" and he responded with "I would say no..." and then elaborates some more. So that gives me a little hope that they didn't completely break it by handing out spells that you shouldn't have according the 5e rules. We'll still have to wait and see.

Also, someone asked if you could switch who was talking in conversation (i forgot to grab timestamp). He oddly, didn't respond with "no". He said he wasn't sure and that he didn't try to do it.

EDIT: at 2:12:32 someone specifically asks "Did you notice spell progression changes when multiclassing". He said he didn't try to multiclass a caster, so he wasn't sure. He mentioned that he heard that it was changed, but didn't try for himself so he isn't sure.

at 2:13:29 someone asks "can you return to act 1 area after you get to act 2?" He initially says, yes and that he did it many times, but then he remembered at some point he got a prompt that he might not be able to go back anymore. He couldn't remember exactly when the prompt was.

Last edited by Sylph; 13/07/23 05:05 PM.
veteran
veteran
I thought it was forbidden to record. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
1:39
Some of Wyll's companion quest is shown. He gets horns

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Larian sent the footage to Fextralife from his playthrough. I think he said they sent him about an hour of footage from his playthrough. I might be wrong about the amount of time he was sent. I think it was an hour's worth, but I might be wrong.

I get the feeling that they sent footage to various streamers. Wolfheart has already used some also.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Right, it's just playing in the background while Fex answers questions. He comments on it occassionally.

1:52
Astarion has a new outfit when you first meet him

veteran
veteran

I'm someone who happens to think that both DOS games had quite possibly the worst itemization I've ever experienced in a CRPG (so not exactly willing to defend it) and this sounds NOTHING like it?

Especially since items don't have bloated numeric values AND most of them are unique and handplaced,rather than randomized.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
N
old hand
old hand
N
Game breaking magic items is classic dnd.

One of the best parts of the movie was when the totally failed the dm's painstakingly complex trap so the Dm had to give them an overpowered magic item to keep the story going.

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
In the PFH, we saw a sword on Astarion's back that ... seemed to vibrate.

I'd like to know what that sword was.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
Larian sent the footage to Fextralife from his playthrough. I think he said they sent him about an hour of footage from his playthrough. I might be wrong about the amount of time he was sent. I think it was an hour's worth, but I might be wrong.

I get the feeling that they sent footage to various streamers. Wolfheart has already used some also.
Damn ... so i should watch it aswell, rather than just play it in background for listening only. laugh
Thanks.

BTW is it just my feeling, or do Mind Flayers look differently?

veteran
veteran
So ...
Sadly i didnt seen over him our dialogue buttons, so i have no idea if "Attack now" button is still missing in Astarion meeting scene.

But i have noticed something different!
The scene plays exactly the same! O_o

I thought we were promised completely new one, as we were complaining about him attacking us ...
Anyone remembering this?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard