Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Buri #863410 15/07/23 10:16 PM
veteran
veteran
From the sound of it, it’s the territorial squirrel youncan have a conversation with at the top of the elevator.

I also heard you murder someone in your sleep. Not sure who or if its permanent

Sozz #863419 15/07/23 10:30 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sozz
From the sound of it, it’s the territorial squirrel youncan have a conversation with at the top of the elevator.

Yes, is that squirrel, you can do the same with Tav but it's a dialogue option and DU is automatic (at least on the footage)

You can destroy the bard's (always forget her name, Alina?) lute with Tav too but again DU on the footage does it automatically.

I won't say who you murder in your sleep (just in case) but I'm guessing it works like any other murder on camp, you can probably use revivify scroll.

Cahir #863459 16/07/23 12:20 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Cahir
Originally Posted by kanisatha
And you are also correct, and it's something I have mentioned myself, that this is an empirical question for which we can wait just a few more weeks to get the answer. And FWIW, I would love to be proven wrong (truly wrong and not just those people in this forum looking to paint me as wrong at every turn) on this question.

I have an honest question, then (I'm not trying to be provocative or antagonistic here, I really ain't). How would you assess, if you were indeed proven wrong or not, if you don't plan to play BG3 at all? I mean, you can of course base your assessment on others' opinions, but even if those will be opinions of people that usually share your point of view, there is always the risk, that their perception of the fully released game will be different from yours on this particular matter. You can also base your opinion on streamed playthroughs, but then again, if what you see does prove you wrong, you will spoil yourself the game story for no reason.

The best way to be proven wrong or not is to simply try the game yourself.
Nope. There are several people on this forum who I'd trust to provide honest appraisals of the game.

If everything (or very nearly so) in the game is how you want things to be and you are paying $60 for that, whereas I will only get a small fraction of that as things I want in the game, I should not have to pay the same amount as you for the game. It's a pretty simple principle. I will wait for the game to be deeply discounted. But in the meantime, I still want to know what's what in the game, and hopefully settle some of the longstanding debate issues from the past few years.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Cahir
And you are also correct, and it's something I have mentioned myself, that this is an empirical question for which we can wait just a few more weeks to get the answer. And FWIW, I would love to be proven wrong (truly wrong and not just those people in this forum looking to paint me as wrong at every turn) on this question.

I have an honest question, then (I'm not trying to be provocative or antagonistic here, I really ain't). How would you assess, if you were indeed proven wrong or not, if you don't plan to play BG3 at all? I mean, you can of course base your assessment on others' opinions, but even if those will be opinions of people that usually share your point of view, there is always the risk, that their perception of the fully released game will be different from yours on this particular matter. You can also base your opinion on streamed playthroughs, but then again, if what you see does prove you wrong, you will spoil yourself the game story for no reason.

The best way to be proven wrong or not is to simply try the game yourself.
Nope. There are several people on this forum who I'd trust to provide honest appraisals of the game.

If everything (or very nearly so) in the game is how you want things to be and you are paying $60 for that, whereas I will only get a small fraction of that as things I want in the game, I should not have to pay the same amount as you for the game. It's a pretty simple principle. I will wait for the game to be deeply discounted. But in the meantime, I still want to know what's what in the game, and hopefully settle some of the longstanding debate issues from the past few years.

All right then, I really hope you will be proven wrong and find enjoyment in BG3. I have some doubts too, mainly because DOS2 turned out to be not as great as I hoped it to be, but, after everything I've learned do far about it, I'm oddly confident BG3 will turn out to be a great game.

Buri #863521 16/07/23 06:32 AM
S
S
key features

origin characters

"offer a hand-crafted experience, each with their own unique traits, agenda and outlook on the world.
their story intersect with the entire narrative and your choices will determine whether those stroies end in redemption, salvation, domination or many other outcomes"

from https://baldursgate3.game/about/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think origin characters have their limitations, because of their unique traits and agenda.

the limitations of origin characters give the origin characters go to the bad ends easier than tav,
and can not reach tav's altitude.

i suppose as : gale and the goddess of magic are deadlock. if gale just try redemption, this will lead an ok end.
but if gale wants more and try to dominate the goddess again, and then gale will gain the worst end.

the dark urge's deadlock is his/her dark urge. if the dark urge just try redemption, this will lead an ok end.
but if the dark urge obeys his/her dark urge, adn then the dark urge will gain his/her worst end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tav doesn't have any deadlock, i think this can unlock many hidden plots that only tav can touch.
i used to hear the official statement "compares with the origin characters, tav is the real core. we will see the difference between bg3 with dos 2.".

Last edited by stevelin7; 16/07/23 02:11 PM.
Originally Posted by Adgaroth
Originally Posted by Sozz

Yes, is that squirrel, you can do the same with Tav but it's a dialogue option and DU is automatic (at least on the footage)

You can destroy the bard's (always forget her name, Alina?) lute with Tav too but again DU on the footage does it automatically.

I won't say who you murder in your sleep (just in case) but I'm guessing it works like any other murder on camp, you can probably use revivify scroll.

Only the cutscenes are shown, not the dialogue beforehand, that's why it appears automatic.

Also, it might be that, if you give in to the urge too much at the beginning, then it becomes automatic.

Last edited by Krom; 16/07/23 12:07 PM.
Krom #863734 16/07/23 02:04 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by Krom
Only the cutscenes are shown, not the dialogue beforehand, that's why it appears automatic.

Also, it might be that, if you give in to the urge too much at the beginning, then it becomes automatic.

actually, the dark urge is the murderer of blood in baldur's gate 15 years ago.
this means the dark urge has already obeyed his/her dark urge 15 years ago far before the beginning of bg3.

from this instance, i wonder if some of the origin characters are hard to gain an ok end, and are too easy to be leaded to bad ends?

Last edited by stevelin7; 16/07/23 02:18 PM.
Buri #863897 16/07/23 06:03 PM
I know he is, however, when you begin as TDU, you get some choices. Maybe those choices are setting you up, to continue having choices, or to simply give in and have less and less of a choice. Since you lost your memory, it doesn't matter what you did 15 years ago, you are going to face that at some point though.

Krom #864006 17/07/23 01:04 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by Krom
I know he is, however, when you begin as TDU, you get some choices. Maybe those choices are setting you up, to continue having choices, or to simply give in and have less and less of a choice. Since you lost your memory, it doesn't matter what you did 15 years ago, you are going to face that at some point though.

the dark urge might be very dark, despite you choose the redemption.

i do think the dark urge is the avatar of bhaal, not the avatar of the player character.

this is impossible that the dark urge denies his nature and still can exist.
since the dark urge accepts his/her dark urge and be corrupted completely 15years ago.

the redemption might seal him/herself.
or the dark urge choose return to the dust, return his/her dark urge to bhaal.

Last edited by stevelin7; 17/07/23 01:05 AM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard