Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
If I play a Ranger professional in hunter, I can attack two enemies one time.
And a high level fighter like ranger may attack three times in one round.
Then, I can attack 6 enemies in 1 round, if I can slay each by one attack?

old hand
old hand
Horde Breaker is only once per turn.

F
addict
addict
F
If rogues still get two bonus actions (which I doubt):

Multiclass War Cleric 1/Rogue 1/Fighter 5. That should give you 6 attacks per round (with action surge).

enthusiast
enthusiast
you do get a extra bonus actions... called cunning action, in 5e its limited how you can use this bonus action...

-"Starting at 3rd level, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to make a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check, use your thieves' tools to disarm a trap or open a lock, or take the Use an Object action."

So you could toss alchemy fire, grease bottles, if i recall my 5e rules...as those are a object action... we have to ask anyone that played a rogue in the latest play test, how larian handles cunning action... hope that helps...

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Aurora42
you do get a extra bonus actions... called cunning action, in 5e its limited how you can use this bonus action...

-"Starting at 3rd level, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to make a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check, use your thieves' tools to disarm a trap or open a lock, or take the Use an Object action."

So you could toss alchemy fire, grease bottles, if i recall my 5e rules...as those are a object action... we have to ask anyone that played a rogue in the latest play test, how larian handles cunning action... hope that helps...
In PnP rogues can use their bonus action to do things that would normally take an action. But they do NOT get any extra bonus actions. That is a BG3 EA thing.

But a fighter 11/monk 1 multiclass should be able to get 8 attacks in a round using action surge and flurry of blows.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 16/07/23 09:56 AM.
veteran
veteran
Currently as a Rogue subclass thief you get two bonus actions which you can use for Off-hand attacks only which can apparently include hand crossbows (which have an 18 Meter range and are totally broken).

You cannot sneak attack or make a main hand attack with those bonus actions, although NOR can you toss potions or vials or bombs around either.

So on balance I would rather lose the bonus offhand attack and get the ability to use my bonus action to throw fucking bombs at people, dash, or hide.

Blackheifer
F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Currently as a Rogue subclass thief you get two bonus actions which you can use for Off-hand attacks only which can apparently include hand crossbows (which have an 18 Meter range and are totally broken).

You cannot sneak attack or make a main hand attack with those bonus actions, although NOR can you toss potions or vials or bombs around either.

So on balance I would rather lose the bonus offhand attack and get the ability to use my bonus action to throw fucking bombs at people, dash, or hide.
Agreed.

Although I would never say "fucking".

Err... oops.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
If rogues still get two bonus actions (which I doubt):

Multiclass War Cleric 1/Rogue 1/Fighter 5. That should give you 6 attacks per round (with action surge).
In Early Access 3rd level Rogues who choose the Thief subclass get 2 bonus actions per round.
War Clerics in PnP can attack with their main hand using their bonus action WIS modifier times per long rest.

To do as you imagine you can drop the War Cleric, as it doesn't give you an extra bonus action, and choose:

Rogue 3(Thief)/Fighter 5

That would give you 4 attacks every round and a nova round of 6 attacks when you action surge.
If you chose the two weapon fighting style for you Fighter that would dish out a lot of damage.

Last edited by Alodar; 17/07/23 05:16 PM.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
But daggers not always equipped with finger of death powers. If you played BG tob. You will know some weapons had one hit slay power.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
In BG games thief can attack more than 3 if using dagger one or two hands and if your dex and lvl are high enough. But still not 6.
Adnd rules may have different, and real life you may throw two or three bombs more in one round. :>

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
If you activated flurry of blow, you may not hit too much because it is suppose to be a one hit kill attack.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Doesn't haste give you an extra attack?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

Agreed.

Although I would never say "fucking".

Err... oops.

Totally right, it's so fucking crude. :P

I blame Lenny Bruce.

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Beechams
Doesn't haste give you an extra attack?

No. In BG3 EA at least Haste doubles your actions. So a hasted level 5 Fighter does not get 3, but 4 attacks. Which is overpowered in my opinion. The easiest way to rule all combat in EA is to have a Sorcerer hasting two melee strikers who have GWM. In the release it can also be ranged strikers with Sharpshooter, not as good as GWM but very strong as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard