Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
JandK #864153 17/07/23 09:10 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Damn what with rpg Waifus and being cannibals. Not that it has happened much, but even twice is strange.

JandK #864165 17/07/23 10:05 AM
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
yeah, the goblins are roasting a dwarf, and the ogres are eating a tiefling and trying to figure out if you're food.

I was just referring to the Sharrans because -- in another post -- it was mentioned that Shadowheart approved of the Sharran cannibalism. And that left me scratching my head.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by benbaxter
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
Are the goblins not eating dwarf in the goblin camp? "Suspicious meat"

There is meat labeled as dwarf parts. I remember ribs for sure, and I think legs and one other part.
Anyone remember if you can eat the dwarf/ use it as camp supplies? Wonder how/if the party would react to that

Xzoviac #864195 17/07/23 11:50 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by benbaxter
Are the goblins not eating dwarf in the goblin camp? "Suspicious meat"

There is meat labeled as dwarf parts. I remember ribs for sure, and I think legs and one other part.
Anyone remember if you can eat the dwarf/ use it as camp supplies? Wonder how/if the party would react to that

Not that one in the Goblin Camp but next to the barn where the Ogre and Bugbear have their lovers' tryst, there is a campfire where you can find a magical dagger stuck in mysterious meat (probably dwarven meat). You can eat from it.

JandK #864201 17/07/23 12:03 PM
G
G
You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat.

Don't forget the Fava beans and Chianti.

Xzoviac #864221 17/07/23 12:39 PM
veteran
veteran
You could in the past ...
But it was changed later ... now any meat that is labeled as questionable (or just not strictly named as pork) is for sell purpose only ...

Its still a little weird, since you can sell it (including copped off heads, hands, feets and legs) to any vendor in Druid Groove, and nobody questions it ... but i gues that would be a little too much even for Larian. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
JandK #864231 17/07/23 12:58 PM
veteran
veteran
Hannibal Lecter approves of this thread 😁

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Grizzmyt
You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat.

Don't forget the Fava beans and Chianti.

So old!

Blackheifer
JandK #864241 17/07/23 01:18 PM
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Off topic question:

You know how scientists can make meat without slaughtering the animal through cell cultures? Like lab made meat. Would any of you eat a steak of yourself based on a tiny sample of your cells being cultured into meat? Technically autocannibalism, but no one suffers or loses anything, and you get to figure out how you taste.

Would you? Yay or nay?

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
JandK #864248 17/07/23 01:31 PM
addict
addict
Just loaded it up to check. on the spit there are Roasted Dwarf Ribs, Roasted Dwarf Belly, and Roasted Dwarf Leg. They don't provide any camp supplies, weigh 0.5, and have a value of 1gp. The descriptions are pretty gruesome, including mention of a belly button. Interestingly, their names don't show up on the screen when you hold ALT, which may be why some people missed them.

Back from timeout.
JandK #864251 17/07/23 01:37 PM
G
G
The descriptions are pretty gruesome, including mention of a belly button.

Inny or outy?

JandK #864255 17/07/23 01:48 PM
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That dwarf meat used to heal you, even after they took out the food healing stuff in an earlier patch. The dwarf meat kept its healing property... all the way up until Patch 9 I want to say. Like the Okta's gruel in the grove still does.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Off topic question:

You know how scientists can make meat without slaughtering the animal through cell cultures? Like lab made meat. Would any of you eat a steak of yourself based on a tiny sample of your cells being cultured into meat? Technically autocannibalism, but no one suffers or loses anything, and you get to figure out how you taste.

Would you? Yay or nay?

No because human meat is just not very good for you. It's energetically terrible compared to other kinds of meat. Morally I would not be opposed but nutritionally it would not be great and it likely wouldn't taste very good because we are not evolved towards cannibalism for the most part.

Having said that I am a huge proponent of Bio-Engines - which is the structure that is used to create cultured meat using 95% less water. Right now we badly need to start transitioning to them as water is becoming a huge factor and most water is used for feed stocks for ranching.

Sorry, this is a huge issue for me that my country is completely failing to address.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Having said that I am a huge proponent of Bio-Engines - which is the structure that is used to create cultured meat using 95% less water. Right now we badly need to start transitioning to them as water is becoming a huge factor and most water is used for feed stocks for ranching.

Sorry, this is a huge issue for me that my country is completely failing to address.
I can’t wait until they have lab-grown meat for cat food!!!🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

Icelyn #864325 17/07/23 03:17 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

I can’t wait until they have lab-grown meat for cat food!!!🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

Oh definitely. We need to start massively investing in Bio-Engines (lab grown meat) and phase out ranching completely for all our food needs.

I calculated that we would need only about 450 4-story Bio engines to replace our need for steak and beef in the United States. Probably more for chicken, but we could do it in 10-15 years if we invested.

Anyway, I am sure somebody would create a bio-engine to produce human "meat" and somebody would eat it but it would mostly be useful for creating stem cells and other useful cultures.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Off topic question:

Would you? Yay or nay?
This is terrible question that should never be asked!
Also, probably yes. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Off topic question:

Would you? Yay or nay?
Google "Ouroboros Steak."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard