Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#864107 17/07/23 07:08 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I understand it is likely not possible at release, but it would be great if there was a DM mode that was patched into the game at a later date so players can truly tell their own stories with DMs and have a true D&D experience together.

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
Dragon_Master #864126 17/07/23 07:42 AM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
It would take a ridiculous amount of effort and be used by almost no one. It doesn't make any sense, and I for one would prefer that they spent their resources making more game. The D:OS2 DM mode hardly got any use.

For a DM mode to be sensible, the game has to be made with it as a primary and core functionality in mind from the start. Take a look at NWN, they made the Aurora engine more than they made the campaign. The campaign was almost just a barebones example of what the aurora engine can do. And it sold like crazy, and the number of modules created is staggering and still going strong to this day. This is not that kind of game, and I daresay we won't see one like NWN created ever again.

Dragon_Master #864191 17/07/23 11:43 AM
veteran
veteran
There is a good chance we will get DM mode at some point since it was functionality that was coded into the engine and one of the streamers had mentioned talking to Swen about it and they want to include it at some point.

It may take a year or so, but I do hope it gets in there.

Blackheifer
Slapstick #864203 17/07/23 12:09 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Slapstick
It would take a ridiculous amount of effort and be used by almost no one.
If it was flexible AND well-documented enough it would be used a SHITLOAD, actually.

The problem is that the "would take a lot of effort" part is true.
Well, that and the fact that it's a D&D licensed title, so chances are WOTC would want to have a saying on how moddable it can be.

Last edited by Tuco; 17/07/23 12:10 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Dragon_Master #864346 17/07/23 03:50 PM
veteran
veteran
I will never stop hoping this finds its way into the game eventually.

Can you imagine 5 players, and one gets to be DM and control all the bad guys and create new content? Hell, yes.

Blackheifer

Link Copied to Clipboard