Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by benbaxter
I can't even imagine limiting myself to 3 magic items per character. I may pick up some mods for things I care about, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to turn Monks and Rangers back into the trash they were in PHB.
Not EVERY magic item requires attunement.

Pretty much every weapon and armor piece that has anything unique about it does. Sure, I could stack a +1 longsword on top of three more unique things, but I certainly couldn't use the interesting combos of items with lightning charges or momentum building that Larian is putting in. I'm excited for it to be more like older editions where getting new loot is exciting. One of the things I hated most about AL is that only one character would end up with something interesting at the end of a night.

Back from timeout.
Banned
Banned
Hi Volourn, I agree, it certainly will not be 95%. I always seen modding as cheating, but I may have to change my view...

addict
addict
Different people have different tastes.

I'll most likely ignore most of their homebrew items and stick to my trusty +1 or +2 equipment, bracer of defense and similar low-power items. Maybe (and that's a pretty big maybe) I'll use one or two of their "special" race weapons.
I prefer low magic to high magic any day, as a lot of the high magic stuff is pretty much over the top.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Our BG3 modding community tends to be more active on Larian's Discord, so that's probably the best place to go to find out what plans are and discuss potential.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
Originally Posted by 5eRULES!
Hi Volourn, I agree, it certainly will not be 95%. I always seen modding as cheating, but I may have to change my view...

We should compile a list of the most pressing issues...

For me that would be:

1. Revert the ASI changes to the 5E PHB racial ASI
2. Rework "Shove" to be an action (should be fairly simple) and limit the shove distance to 5ft (that may not be doable though)
3. Add STR requirement to heavy armors and limit their movement speed
4. Remove the weapon maneuvers
5. Bring back the "loading" trait for crossbow + rework Crossbow Expert

Depending on how it's handled in the release version:

6. Rework stealth to be an action, rogues still receive it as bonus action as part of the cunning action class feature (this may be in the release version, at least it was heavily hinted at)
7. Rework jump to be counted as part of the move action (if possible)

The other stuff I can mostly live with.

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Our BG3 modding community tends to be more active on Larian's Discord, so that's probably the best place to go to find out what plans are and discuss potential.

Do you have a link?

Last edited by Kendaric; 20/07/23 03:35 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kendaric

For me that would be:

2. Rework "Shove" to be an action (should be fairly simple) and limit the shove distance to 5ft (that may not be doable though)

6. Rework stealth to be an action, rogues still receive it as bonus action as part of the cunning action class feature (this may be in the release version, at least it was heavily hinted at)

Do you have a link?

I'll double check later, but I think Shove is an attack, not an action. And if we are fixing it, let's make a version that allows you to knock them prone rather than just back.

Back from timeout.
Banned
Banned
Hi Odieman, what about:

-correct shove/dodge/ready/disengage/help actions
-ASI to race not class & rolling option
-proper stealth
-bow vs crossbow distances
-correct proficiencies
-too many spell issues to list
-fighting styles at wrong levels
-correct expertise

Just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

Do you have a link?

I think it's this one
https://discord.com/invite/larianstudios

... because it's fun!
N
old hand
old hand
N
Most modders tend to try to ease rules, not make more of them. That said if not one is working on one, there about a dozen extremely passionate people here, that seem to want the same thing, all it takes is one learning the dev kit and in a few months or years you should have the 5e mod.

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 20/07/23 03:46 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by benbaxter

For me that would be:

Do you have a link?

I'll double check later, but I think Shove is an attack, not an action. And if we are fixing it, let's make a version that allows you to knock them prone rather than just back.

Yes, it 's an attack in PnP but I'm not sure if a mod can accomplish that. If it can be done, that would be ideal of course.
Good point about the prone option, it should be added if possible.

Originally Posted by Sansang2

Thanks smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard