Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Beechams
Originally Posted by qwrw32edsda432
every dnd game must have dwarves/halflings/gnomes!
Maybe Larian set the bar too high?

*censorous scowl*

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Technically the Dark Urge is a Gnome, Halfling, Dwarf....(but really he is a white dragonborn)

Maybe there are more companions we don't know about.

I wonder how many Dark Urge white Dragonborns we're going to have solely because of the PFH.

C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I wonder how many Dark Urge white Dragonborns we're going to have solely because of the PFH.

I don't know about white, but my first Durge will def be Dragonborn (prob bronze) draconic sorc, I'm very curious to see what role play and dialog interactions come up for that combo. I've decided I'm not going to decide if i'm going to give in or resist to the temptations, I'm going just go with what feels right in the moment.

Like, when you first meet Lae'zel on the nautiloid, I suspect there will be some urges there, but it likely will make sense to not do that, because I've got more important things to worry about in the moment, she seems to know what's going on.

I'm really sad about Gale, and the way the dialog looked in PFH, the option to dwell on the urge really seems like the most roleplay-y option, so I'll have to hold my nose and pretend I don't know what's going to happen.

Then I'll have to decide how the character feels about what just happened, and how that might affect future urges and whether or not to dwell on them.

Last edited by colinl8; 22/07/23 12:01 AM.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Dwarves rule, elves drool!!!

veteran
veteran
To get the topic Back from Halsin and Durge ( who already have their own topics), I hope, we will get more companions. Fextra mentioned something like that in one of his videos. And If so, I hope, it's Helia or Barcus.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by colinl8
Like, when you first meet Lae'zel on the nautiloid, I suspect there will be some urges there, but it likely will make sense to not do that, because I've got more important things to worry about in the moment, she seems to know what's going on.
To my Dirty Old Man mind that line is ripe with innuendos ...

N
old hand
old hand
N
Real talk is that it's literally not worth it to program.

Short races are harder to build a scene around and are less popular than full sized ones.

Most players just tend not to play short races much.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

Short races are harder to build a scene around and are less popular than full sized ones.

Well short races are there, so I expect representation. And don't say it's not worth to programm just because you don't like it. They have to be programmed anyway for the player.

Last edited by fylimar; 22/07/23 10:52 AM.

Doctor Who
Originally Posted by Volourn
Dwarves rule, elves drool!!!

Not surprising. Elves have attractive drool-worthy people all around whereas the dwarves have no such distractions.

Nobody's perfect... I'm a nobody.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm not sure whether it's true that the majority of players wouldn't prefer a shorter race character in their party or to play a shorter race character (feels like a possible poll topic!) but even if that were true I think it would be very poor design practice to only introduce features that the majority want, as opposed to also including ones that would be highly appreciated by sections of the customer base, expand choice, and/or would add to the world-building, give opportunities to show other perspectives, and so on.

I think that's the default Durge, and ties into Blood in Baldur's Gate, so I suspect it will be popular choice!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
There's a blatant gap in the new character creator screen too.
The Origins icons are arranged in a 4 x 2 grid. So, it does look as though one is missing from the grid.
A bardic werewolf gnome would balance that screen out perfectly smile.

(I know seven is difficult number, but they could have centre justified the bottom row to make it more pleasing to the eye.)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I'm not sure whether it's true that the majority of players wouldn't prefer a shorter race character in their party or to play a shorter race character (feels like a possible poll topic!) but even if that were true I think it would be very poor design practice to only introduce features that the majority want, as opposed to also including ones that would be highly appreciated by sections of the customer base, expand choice, and/or would add to the world-building, give opportunities to show other perspectives, and so on.

I think that's the default Durge, and ties into Blood in Baldur's Gate, so I suspect it will be popular choice!

Yeah, I was pretty invested in Blood in Baldur's Gate.

It left a part of me wanting to play the white dragonborn Durge.

(Of course, I'm one of those people who will probably play multiple times.)

enthusiast
enthusiast
The best thing for folks who want more Dwarven, Gnomish and Halfling representation is to make sure that whenever you use a Hireling it is one of those races.

That way Larian can see the demand and perhaps include more Dwarves, Gnomes, and Halflings in future products/updates.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S

Dwarves and Goblins are the 2 most popular short races, shortly followed by Gnomes for their fey ancestry and pointy ears, while halflings are usually dead last, halflings are a niche race that lets people fulfill their hobbit LOTR fantasies.

old hand
old hand
I love gnomes - my favorite tabletop character was a gnomish druid who flew around on her animal companion (a very large eagle). But I rarely play them in video games, or any other short race. They always seem to be at a disadvantage in cutscenes and shorty love interests are almost non-existent.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by fylimar

Well short races are there, so I expect representation. And don't say it's not worth to programm just because you don't like it. They have to be programmed anyway for the player.
Theres a big difference from a player model and programming a companion or origin character.

I'm sure there's a statistic spreadsheet out there showing Beast was by far the least popular Dos2 origin.

Its a numbers game, and the numbers don't work

veteran
veteran

Theres a big difference from a player model and programming a companion or origin character.

I'm sure there's a statistic spreadsheet out there showing Beast was by far the least popular Dos2 origin.

I don't know who Beast is and frankly, I don't care. Dwarves, gnomes and halflings are a stable in DnD and as such there is no reason to not include them in party composition. People already answered here because of your very subjective statement and told you , that they like smaller races included. 🤷

Doctor Who
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, N7Greenfire, you’ve made your position abundantly clear. If you’re not interested in playing shorter race characters or having them in your party, I’d suggest you now just ignore this thread rather than repeating yourself again as it starts to look as though you’re trying to shut down or invalidate other people’s preferences, as opposed to just saying what you want (which would be fine).

People are free here to say what they want and why they want it. Fortunately only Larian really need to worry about the practicality or cost/benefit analysis.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
N
old hand
old hand
N

I don't know who Beast is and frankly, I don't care. Dwarves, gnomes and halflings are a stable in DnD and as such there is no reason to not include them in party composition. People already answered here because of your very subjective statement and told you , that they like smaller races included. 🤷
There is a reason, its all about opportunity cost.

Beast is the dwarf orgin from dos2 far and away the least popular iirc.

Larian doesn't make these choices for the lols. They have data on all this that shows them what's most popular.

And when you are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars to make one companion you want it to be popular.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I’ll assume we were posting at the same time, so I’ll say again …

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Okay, N7Greenfire, you’ve made your position abundantly clear. If you’re not interested in playing shorter race characters or having them in your party, I’d suggest you now just ignore this thread rather than repeating yourself again as it starts to look as though you’re trying to shut down or invalidate other people’s preferences, as opposed to just saying what you want (which would be fine).

People are free here to say what they want and why they want it. Fortunately only Larian really need to worry about the practicality or cost/benefit analysis.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard