Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
robtion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Personally, I really enjoy messing around with a good photo mode in certain games, particularly games with deep customisation and interesting settings like BG3.

Anybody else feel like this would be a nice addition to BG3?

Any chance Larian might add one in a patch or update post release?

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
addict
addict
Im going to have to google this, never heard of it. Not surprising as I'm a old dude, and not main stream.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
robtion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
@Doomlord Oh right. It basically just lets you pause the game at any time and move the camera independently, add effects and filters, sometimes poses and facial expressions.

Lots of games have them these days The Witcher 3 is a great game to use it in, Cyberpunk, Horizon Zero Dawn, Street Fighter 6, many others.

Last edited by robtion; 26/07/23 03:34 AM.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

veteran
veteran
Nah. I don't like to roleplay that I am tourist.

Blackheifer
old hand
old hand
Sure. I like capturing the memorable moments of my favorite characters.

Last edited by neprostoman; 26/07/23 05:17 AM.
veteran
veteran
Yup, would love to have one because the environment and characters are gorgeous ^^

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't see why not, I never used those in games before, but BG3 made me start to screenshot the hell out of it so it might prove to be useful approvegauntlet

robtion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hmm, well hopefully someone at Larian likes the idea and they implement it.

I'll be on PS5 so can't rely on mods for it. Will just have to hope for the best.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
C'mon, don't tell me that a Forgotten Realms tourist to the Sword Coast that accidentally gets picked up by Mindflayers but is determined to have as nice a vacation as possible despite all difficulties wouldn't be a fun character.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
O
stranger
stranger
O
Ooooh yes would love having a proper photo of my party rather than a top-down screenshot making my characters look like chess pieces. Bonus points if they let us access photo mode during combat. I imagine we'd be able to get some amazing action shots.

I don't want it for me, but I want it for you. smile

apprentice
apprentice
Photomode would be great.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
C'mon, don't tell me that a Forgotten Realms tourist to the Sword Coast that accidentally gets picked up by Mindflayers but is determined to have as nice a vacation as possible despite all difficulties wouldn't be a fun character.

Actually, now that you mention it we could do a "Colour of Magic" play through and make a character named "Twoflower"

Ok, ok..now I am on board! Ha!

For Sir Terry Pratchett!

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
+1

P
stranger
stranger
P
+1

robtion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Any more love for photo mode?

Kind of hoping Larian may see this if people are interested and consider implementing it (I realise it is unlikely).

old hand
old hand
I was wondering why this isnt a thing. The best screenshot moments happen during cinematics and I don't think you can turn the text options off.

robtion Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
@DumbleDorf Yes it seems like the perfect game for one. It's not uncommon for developers to add it in as a feature after launch as an update so I'm still hopeful.

stranger
stranger
Yes !

Photomode is a great way to dive deeper into your journey.

As the ability to walk haha (go send love here ! https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=875126#Post875126)

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Absolutely, I posted my own thread about it, didn't find this one in a search!

In the short term, it would be nice just to have a quick screenshot key that hides the UI, takes a screenshot, then returns the UI, because as useful as it is the UI absolutely ruins screenshots; it's a pretty game, let me share that with people!

But yeah, long term a photo mode would be great; even if it's just frozen time with a free camera at first this would still be a major improvement, then later let me (and co-op friends) pose characters for a perfect shot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard