Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
The Hairstyle spoiler immediately reminded me of this image from reddit:
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

I'm excited how many things are apparently hidden. Maybe the Detect X spells can be put to great use!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zeotris

I'm excited how many things are apparently hidden. Maybe the Detect X spells can be put to great use!
Ugh...some awful mods I see. I genuinely hope Larian wouldn't wreck Shadowheart like that. She is perfect as she is...maybe she could smile more but it would be awful if they made her as fake as the modded one from that image.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Thanks for posting this, @Wormerine. I have very diligently watched every single Swen interview since the game was announced four years ago, and this was arguably his best effort. Unlike in other interviews where he often came across as pushing canned talking points, here he seemed to speak in a completely honest and open and forthright way where I could actually believe his words. I really liked a lot of what he had to say, including especially his pushing back against his own fandom's claims that BG3 is somehow "the new standard" for RPGs. His answer was much more humble and realistic, that BG3 is *not* some new standard any more than all the other "new standards" people have been proclaiming for years.

Towards the end he said something along the lines of: "whatever choices the player makes, we have you covered in the game." I really liked hearing that, even though I still remain very skeptical. My preferences are such that the choices I'd want to make within the game are sure to be severe outliers. Will the game "have me covered" despite my choices and preferences being outliers? That's what I'm still very unsure of, but Swen went a long way in this interview to give me at least a modicum of hope.

When he's not in his PR mode, Swen is actually great to listen to, i do believe that at his heart, he just really likes making video games and wants to make something amazing.
I agree! At a personal level I've always like him a lot. He's the kind of game designer I'd have a great time with over a cheeseburger and a cold brewsky (which define me as a person :)), which is all the more reason why it frustrates and bothers me so much that he's not making games that *I* can love. frown

Last edited by kanisatha; 30/07/23 04:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
She is perfect as she is...
Indeed ...
Exept as some other mods showed us, she can be even more perfect. :P laugh

https://imgur.com/a/Euh6SmL#lFcdqV9

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
She is perfect as she is...
Indeed ...
Exept as some other mods showed us, she can be even more perfect. :P laugh

https://imgur.com/a/Euh6SmL#lFcdqV9

Mommy laugh

veteran
veteran
I don't have any issues with Shadowheart's bangs/fringe.

Her ponytail on the other hand is a little... big.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zeotris

Ugh...some awful mods I see. I genuinely hope Larian wouldn't wreck Shadowheart like that. She is perfect as she is...maybe she could smile more but it would be awful if they made her as fake as the modded one from that image.

that looks like AI lol, and a meme at that.

addict
addict
It's almost certainly Wyll going natural to hide the horns.

:p

Last edited by benbaxter; 30/07/23 04:53 PM.

Back from timeout.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
Her ponytail on the other hand is a little... big.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I feel like this game is allready corrupting me. xD

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I definitely like this version of Swen more than PFH Swen. Way more low key. And this was an interesting interview.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AvalonTzi
I wonder what that last minute crisis is, shame they didn't ask about that. I think that would've been the useful/interesting thing to ask.

Crisis doesn't sound minor.

WotC / Hasbro has decided the BG3 really needs to be a live services game so is demanding that loot boxes, microtransaction and a battle pass be added in before release!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Thanks for posting this, @Wormerine. I have very diligently watched every single Swen interview since the game was announced four years ago, and this was arguably his best effort. Unlike in other interviews where he often came across as pushing canned talking points, here he seemed to speak in a completely honest and open and forthright way where I could actually believe his words. I really liked a lot of what he had to say, including especially his pushing back against his own fandom's claims that BG3 is somehow "the new standard" for RPGs. His answer was much more humble and realistic, that BG3 is *not* some new standard any more than all the other "new standards" people have been proclaiming for years.

Towards the end he said something along the lines of: "whatever choices the player makes, we have you covered in the game." I really liked hearing that, even though I still remain very skeptical. My preferences are such that the choices I'd want to make within the game are sure to be severe outliers. Will the game "have me covered" despite my choices and preferences being outliers? That's what I'm still very unsure of, but Swen went a long way in this interview to give me at least a modicum of hope.

When he's not in his PR mode, Swen is actually great to listen to, i do believe that at his heart, he just really likes making video games and wants to make something amazing. Also, the youtube thumbnail annoys the hell out of me. I want to NOT watch it just because of how annoying it looks.

I also think the PfH were Sven rewarding himself and the staff, turning them into parties and events where they could have fun.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
I wonder what that last minute crisis is, shame they didn't ask about that. I think that would've been the useful/interesting thing to ask.

WotC / Hasbro has decided the BG3 really needs to be a live services game so is demanding that loot boxes, microtransaction and a battle pass be added in before release!
I hope this is a joke.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Animat10n

I hope this is a joke.
Nope! Subclasses and races that weren’t in early access will be behind a paywall. Also, you have a limited number of long rests but can pay for more. They’re also adding 1-2 more origin companions on the Larian marketplace.

To add, you cannot edit companion appearance because companions skins will be purchasable, but can be acquired more cheaply and randomly through loot boxes.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 30/07/23 09:39 PM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
old hand
old hand

I hope this is a joke.

The dude literally has a jester as a profile pic...

enthusiast
enthusiast

I hope this is a joke.

I hope it is a joke also but Hasbro is pretty greedy and many of their decisions lately make me believe they would love to be able to have BG3 as a live service game. They seem to be planning to do that to tabletop with their plans for their own VVT with microtransaction for the 2024 version of the game.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

I hope this is a joke.
Nope! Subclasses and races that weren’t in early access will be behind a paywall. Also, you have a limited number of long rests but can pay for more. They’re also adding 1-2 more origin companions on the Larian marketplace.

To add, you cannot edit companion appearance because companions skins will be purchasable, but can be acquired more cheaply and randomly through loot boxes.

You, Sir, are pure evil!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

I hope this is a joke.

I hope this is a joke.

For BG3, yes, but for D&D, this is the sort of future Hasbro/WotC are looking to develop; at the moment, it just doesn't bring in the revenue the way MtG does.

veteran
veteran
I wonder if the last minute crisis was a change to the bonuses that humans and half-elves get along with their floating +2/+1?

Sven made a comment about how they are a company that does last minute changes, and that's one I could see them responding to because of the feedback. Shrug. Just a thought.

H
HZM Offline
journeyman
journeyman
H
Why are they so hung up on cosmetic BS?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard