Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by HellhoundNL
I don't understand the program. I cannot start a game or edit settings when it is not active so I need to start it first then I can alter it. I have put everything on I think, affinity checked all the cores, cpu priority on high, cpu sets on all. I checked force. Now on DX11 the game won't start and on Vulkan got the same error.
Yeah you need to start the program first, just keep it in the background.
right click on explorer.exe and change the affinities, there's an option to change the current affinities, or always change it, use the always option. Change it to make sure all the cores are ticked.

Now run the game via the launcher, whilst the launcher is open, go back to the process lasso and find the launcher.exe and change it's "always" affinities to make sure all the cores are ticked, then try launching the game.

Sometimes the game doesn't run for me, restarting the computer usually fixes it, but other times just keep retrying it and eventually it starts.

If you already got all the cores ticked, maybe try playing with ticking other cores instead? Maybe in your case you don't need all the cores ticked?

apprentice
apprentice
So I tried the following

DirectX 11

Everything below 23 cores (0-23) is an instant crash

Vulkan

Everything below 3 is no Audio
Otherwise it crashes
When using all my cores (0-23) it starts.

I got audio on the Larian screen, In the Main menu, character creator, but when pressing proceed it glitches out and makes a ckrackling noise but when I return to the character editor the audio is back. If I continue from the character editor to the second chracter creation screen It glitches out

Process Lasso is a program I am trying to understand but it is within the game I assume.

Last edited by HellhoundNL; 06/08/23 04:24 PM. Reason: Found out that switching betweeen the two character crerations screens it brought back the audio
D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
So I tried the following

DirectX 11

Everything below 23 cores (0-23) is an instant crash

Vulkan

Everything below 3 is no Audio
Otherwise it crashes
When using all my cores (0-23) it starts.

I got audio on the Larian screen, In the Main menu, character creator, but when pressing proceed it glitches out and makes a ckrackling noise but when I return to the character editor the audio is back. If I continue from the character editor to the second chracter creation screen It glitches out

Process Lasso is a program I am trying to understand but it is within the game I assume.
I think it's maybe the engine of what the game uses, maybe it doesn't like how windows 10 does it, they started back in 2017, and the engine is even older than that, so maybe something like that.

For the crackling, you can try giving something called audiodg.exe high priority, audiodg.exe is the sound processor, it handles sound, maybe the game is taking too high priority and audiodg.exe isn't able to process the audio in time cause CPU is being throttled.

D
deama12 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Also, if pinning the cores still isn't working, you can try disabling SMT, that's AMD's hyperthreading, it'll lower down your core count to 12 from 24, but maybe the game doesn't like fake cores.

But you'll have to go through that on the mobo bios.

Last edited by deama12; 06/08/23 04:56 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
No luck. I give up, apparently I cannot play the game. It saddens me but what can I do?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
No luck. I give up, apparently I cannot play the game. It saddens me but what can I do?

Can I check that you've reported your issue to Larian support to see if they can help? There's a link to report a bug on the game launcher that will take you to the right place on their support site. Which might be worth a look too, in case anyone else has had similar audio problems.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
apprentice
apprentice
I already did that on day one, they replied with a troubleshoot list, already did everything on it, then after I told them it didn't help it was send for further investigation. I don't hold my hopes up for it cause I if it cannot be recreated at the technical department finding a fix is difficult. If a total reinstall of windows and all your drivers and everything is installed the way it should and it still won't work? or I am overlooking something otherwise i don't know. I am at a loss

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Sorry to hear Larian support couldn't give you a quick fix. Fingers crossed that they'll find the issue in due course and fix it. I guess the best thing you can hope for is that lots of other people have the problem too (it wouldn't be the best thing for them of course!) as the more people who have the problem I'd think the easier it will be to diagnose and the higher the priority for fixing.

I'm afraid I have no more useful advice to offer, as I've not had any sound issues with the game. Other than cutscene dialogue occasionally sounding very echoey, that is, but then I don't think I've noticed that recently either.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
apprentice
apprentice
I have done everything, and everybody online with no sound issue doesn't have the same as that I have apparently. It is slightly different each time. Which makes it frustrating, I hope there will be a fix sure. Maybe a setting I need to change on my rig I don't know. But for now I cannot play which for me is terrible, some people say "it is just a game" not for me it is. It is what it is then. Let's hope for a fix, and if somebody has an idea please feel free to share. It is much appriciated. I am glad deama12 can play and his problem is resolved smile

apprentice
apprentice
So bringing some life back here. after buying a new motherboard, cleaned everything, reinstalled everything, making sure everything was updated, still got the same f*cking error.
I am starting to think I will never play this game.

On reddit I posted a video about the error.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/15q9odz/audio_issue_bg3/

veteran
veteran
So I watched your video, and I can hear the sound just fine...The logo, the music, the clicking of the buttons, the "who are you". What exactly is the issue? Have you tried using different speakers/headphones, turning the volume way higher than normal? Also, I assume you've checked the in-game sound settings to see what their levels are at?

Last edited by Boblawblah; 13/08/23 09:00 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Did you hear the distortion at the end? In the second character screen. Everything is fine up until that point. Then it shuts out completely. Around 0:55.

To answer your question, yes I have tried different speakers, headphones and bluetooth headsets

veteran
veteran
Did you hear the distortion at the end? In the second character screen. Everything is fine up until that point. Then it shuts out completely. Around 0:55.

To answer your question, yes I have tried different speakers, headphones and bluetooth headsets

Got it, yes, I see what you mean. Does the sound happen at the same time everytime? Or does it just randomly cut out? If you create a character and go into the tutorial, quit out of the game and load back in, does the sound always work for a bit and then cut out again?

apprentice
apprentice
Yes it always cuts out at the exact same moment. Tried playing for a bit, quit then reload and the sound cuts out during loading.

veteran
veteran
Yes it always cuts out at the exact same moment. Tried playing for a bit, quit then reload and the sound cuts out during loading.

hmm. Couple more things you might want to try out.

- quit out of any 3rd party application running (discord, skype, browsers, etc)
- try playing past the tutorial, save, load, see what that does
- try this with both a custom tav and an origin companion

Also a reddit post mentioned changing to 24 bit 44.1 or 16 bit 44.1 (https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...nt_audio_stuttering_details_in_comments/) , but it looks like you already tried that.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 13/08/23 09:40 PM.
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
How many "sound devices" do any of you with the problem have? My current machine has just one. I'm having no sound issues. I had machines in the past that had two or three sound devices. (Mostly SPDIF, Head Phone, and Speakers) Some times these devices would interfere with each other.

apprentice
apprentice
So I played for a while with no sound hoping it came back on a brand new out of the box SSD on a new out of the box motherboard no OC, still no luck. This game is poorly optimized to run on AMD Hardware, is my only conclusion.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I just wanted to add my issues to this post. I have the Exact same issues as hellhoundnl and have gone through every step he has to resolve them. Up to and included fresh windows install with new drivers. And have not been able to solve this.

My system is a Rog GA35dx Stock. Amd Ryzen 7 5800 8 core processor. 32 gigs of ram Nvidia GeForce rtx 3080 .

I've tried all the suggested troubleshooting. I've tried using different monitors, different speaker sets, different headsets. In other words using various different audio output hardware and nothing resolves the issue.

I have played through the tutorial without sound hoping that post tutorial something would fix itself. It has not.

I too wonder if its a problem with AMD processors.

apprentice
apprentice
I think it has something to do with the 5000 series cpu cause some 7000 series cpu players experienced the same problem but most of them got it fixed. It must be something with the cpu i tried overclocking and undervolting use only two ram slots instead of four nothing makes a difference. I hope they fix it in the patch but the less I hear from Larian the less I believe it will be fixed in the upcoming patch, maybe the second one. But I went to great lengths to play this game it still doesn't work, it really frustraties me and it makes me sad. But calm down and wait and see. If I got a fix I will let everybody know, I will not stop until it is found. Since the day of release I have been troubleshooting trying everything haha XD

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard