Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
So I am doing my first run using dark urge, just saved kid from harpies.

He engaged convo with shadowheart instead of me because she was closer.

REALLY don't want that happening.

Please add a setting to force the conversation to the main character if he is close enough, really want the full experience as him and being forced into conversations on the wrong character really messes with it.

veteran
veteran
+1 million!!!

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Agreed.

Haven't gotten to anywhere like that in the full game yet but that happened in EA with the tiefling when I saved her from the bugbear.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Agreed.

Haven't gotten to anywhere like that in the full game yet but that happened in EA with the tiefling when I saved her from the bugbear.

journeyman
journeyman
Was Shadow Heart the last one to go in combat? There is an option of which character to select at the end of combat. I think it defaulted to the last character used in combat. I switched it to return to the character that was selected before combat started.

We should just be able to select which character to use during conversation. That would make it much more like a tabletop RPG session where the entire party can take part in conversations instead of one player while the rest just sit there and listen.

addict
addict
Omg this is amazingly annoying and JUST LIKE IN DOS2.
Can't believe Larian did nothing.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
enthusiast
enthusiast
Theres allready 17000 iterations of Ending and millions of written dialog lines. Took some years to develop this kind of having so many options of possibilities. How do you suppose LArian should take your wishes into consideration without having to revamp the whole System of Origin characters in party who react to Dialog lines on themselves when triggered.
It will surely be impossible to make it like some of you want to have it without totally messing up the current Origin Character reactions to special Dialog events.
Im so happy that the game was finally released and Larian did a great Job so far.
Theres bugs to fix, and thers some possibilities to bring in some more quality of life changes. But i dont believe the whole current Dialogsystem can be changed on the fly or at least in less of some years work.

Last edited by TheHero; 05/08/23 04:47 PM.
addict
addict
This was discussed over 2 years ago I think. I think they had plenty time...then again what we got in EA is pretty much 80% of game stuff already set in stone it seems.
So Larian can make these incredible amazing and advanced dialogue of a game, incredible motion capture tech, but can't have conversations simply shift to the main character when appropriate?

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
One way I was able to work around this issue in EA was to make sure my character was closest to the person you'd talk to at the end of combat. Kind of a hassle

J
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
That would require knowing a conversation was coming and / or remembering to do that EVERY time and then making a decision to reload if it doesn't go that way Veilburner.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@Count:
Hmm, and isnt it normal as in real life that othere people near you just decide that they move how they want and talk to whom they want. You cant decide for them to do so. So ... its a middle ground.

Try to think of a good solution by taking into account the game mechanics for Dialogs and Origin Character reactions in them.

If we as players have everything under control in every way, why even play a game where the Dices decide, to emulate a bit of the real life.
Real life is chaos and randomness is a part of all our lives in more ways you might think of.

My way to counter too much randomness in this kind of games is Save and Reload.
But that takes the immersion out of the game and gameprogress is a lot slower.
Makings a lot of things playing this way, boring too.

Last edited by TheHero; 05/08/23 05:34 PM.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Originally Posted by Jin Antonic
That would require knowing a conversation was coming and / or remembering to do that EVERY time and then making a decision to reload if it doesn't go that way Veilburner.

Which is why I said it was hassle.

veteran
veteran
+1

They really have to prioritize the main character.

In DOS2 it got a pass due to every character being able to circumvent it via blink/teleport/insta-jump spells, but here such convenience is not a part of active gameplay and the player has to solely rely on distance alone which is a huge issue for ranged characters. Nothing breaks my immersion more than saving someone and then them dragging Lae'zel into the conversation who couldn't care less about them. Here is a post which best showcases this in actual gameplay scenario.

I already noticed that Nadira for example no longer drags characters automatically into a conversation after the ambush, so that's a big plus at least. Now if only it could be like that for all situations.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I just got to the grove and they seemed to have changed it?

I'm bad with names but both the girl at the bugbear and the kid at the harpies didn't automatically talk to me after battle.

I had to talk to them after so I was able to control who talked to them.

Then again the kid ran really far from the harpies after broke their concentration and they stopped singing.

So I'm not having that issue anymore.

apprentice
apprentice
+1 Yes, this annoys the hell out of me too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I cannot remember how often i complained about the way conversations work in this game during EA. Having no control over the conversation is really bad. There are FOUR members so the converation should have options for every character currently in the party (and close enough to join in). So we can choose who says
what and when.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I think there should at least be a dialog option for a different character to take charge, incase the "wrong" character is used.

Link Copied to Clipboard