Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by SerraShaar
Is it possible there is a bug?

Don't misunderstand, on Steam I'm pretty sure most of the complaints are from Trolls.

But I personally haven't seen any of these 'Everyone wanna bed me'. And not because I turned them down, they just talk about their personal stuff. Nothing else.

Why nobody wanna jump my Tiefling? She is HOT DAMNIT! biggrin
Some are trolls. but the majority of people complaining about this issue just legit have an issue with it. and then got dogpiled by fanboys over it in classic steam cesspool manner.

D
stranger
stranger
D
It is not. I was not in a hurry to make bed with Kar, just a good chat here and there, and she turned me down in act 3 right before i gave her combustion chamber upgrade.

M
MarvelS Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Veilburner
Just had a banter between Gale and Lae'zel. She said she doesn't believe in love but believes in carnal pleasure.
Yes, I heard that line too, which makes it all a bit more relative in her specific case.

M
MarvelS Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by MrGrim
Some are trolls. but the majority of people complaining about this issue just legit have an issue with it. and then got dogpiled by fanboys over it in classic steam cesspool manner.
Weird anyone would get dogpiled over wanting certain objectives (including romance) to be challenging to make their achievement more fulfilling.

apprentice
apprentice
It took ages here, but maybe you went to the goblin camp straight away, and got the celebration early. Either way, it happens quickly in real life too if you go out, so imagine people that have a parasite in their head and can die at any time

X
stranger
stranger
X
I've completed all the character quests for Kar, SH and Lae, but I still can't start a romance (I'm going through act 3)

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Yeah, every npc hits on me, and everyone is into dwarves, lizard people, men and women. It way it handles romance is silly, way to fast and unrealistic. It is by far my biggest complaint of the game.

Last edited by Mouthbreathereli; 16/08/23 06:31 PM.
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I did Shadowheart's romance and I think there are maybe six dialogs in the whole game? It feels like they shouldn't have bothered if they had so little time for them, like you're travelling with a bunch of 2d sex pests.

M
M
It was quite something to see how Lae'zel went from being rather difficult to impress enough to romance by the end of the goblin camp stuff in EA, to being willing to do it as soon as we'd done the Zorru conversation.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I accidentally triggered Karlach's romance like 30 hours ago because I didn't realize the dialogue options were yes, yes, yes, absolutely not. Now I'm locked out of the romance scene at the grove celebration.
I can't even break things off with Karlach because there is no dialogue option for it. I might have to shelve this character until there's a a way to fix it. Been playing this game obsessively for almost 2 weeks so this is pretty frustrating.

M
MarvelS Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M

OP point proven. lol

Originally Posted by negutivzero
I accidentally triggered Karlach's romance like 30 hours ago because I didn't realize the dialogue options were yes, yes, yes, absolutely not. Now I'm locked out of the romance scene at the grove celebration.
I can't even break things off with Karlach because there is no dialogue option for it. I might have to shelve this character until there's a a way to fix it. Been playing this game obsessively for almost 2 weeks so this is pretty frustrating.

I never got to see the ending of Gale's romance because a bunch of other story cutscenes overwrote it... I feel you frown

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by MarvelS
I've only just arrived at the druid grove and Lae'zel's already eager to jump my bones, and believe me, that wasn't my intention. It only took her two inspirations and me letting her denegrate the "teeth-ling". I haven't even gone to the druids yet!

This is just way too quick, even for a horny goblin. And I'd assume Lae'zel would be the hardest nut to crack, romance-wise, so this breaks immersion even more than it would with someone else.

Not sure how easy it is for the others, but if it's at similar rates, perhaps it should be programmed in such a way that romance can only be triggered starting Act 2.

I think it's normal, Laezel treats sex as a pleasure. For long courtship there is a Shadow Heart

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
journeyman
journeyman
I too felt like the romance / flirting happened really fast and that EVERYONE was coming on to me, but it was not really a big problem, and by the time I had the camp party after saving the Grove, it felt like a good time for the first intimate scene.

I just wish there were more intimate scenes like that. I romanced Lae'Zel and this is the ONLY intimate scene I got with her all game. Don't get me wrong,m I loved the way her romance played out, but it feels odd that the only sex scene happened in Act 1 when the romace hadn't really even started, yet. And you can tell that the developers put in much effort to make these scenes great.

I think every romace just needs at least one additional sex scene in Act 2 or Act 3.

Last edited by SiriusVI; 24/08/23 07:22 AM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I mean you probably have days to live with all things considered. Not even wake up next day as you. Might as well enjoy your final days/hours. On a serious note I understand your sentiment, but also wouldnt want to sweat for it too much either

Last edited by Berseria; 23/08/23 02:21 PM.
stranger
stranger
I found the party way too quick to get into romance, too. I will say that the reminder of the story setting and the stakes the characters are in did help alleviate most of my issues with it - so credit to the people that brought that up over the past 2 weeks as it has helped evolve my view into one of acceptance.

Sex in video games/movies is just not something I get anything out of or care about, so I'm probably not the target audience for that particular flavor of content anyways.

Last edited by The Frosthaven; 23/08/23 08:50 PM.

Justice For Karlach.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I think I agree with OP. Personally, I don't play this game for the sex scenes, and don't care for it.

But I'm kinda annoyed that every male and female is trying to get into bed with me as early as Act 1, and I wasn't even trying to flirt with them. As a general rule, I prefer to gain their approval because experience with such games have thought me that being favoured by NPCs is always better than not. CRPGs are known to throw you a curve ball at the end where non-favoured NPCs start going against you.

However, in BG3, having a an approval rating above yellow appears to be synonymous with romance, male and female alike.

Call me a center liberal/conservative, but i think there should be some NPCs that won't try to romance you. As a male, having every other male in the camp trying to flirt with me is a turn off. Gale in particular asked to show me some "magic". I could either say i'm interested or rudely decline. Now, is there an option to not be rude but not open the floodgate for romance? Nope. "Pretending" to be interested because i didn't want to decline him apparently is my signal to him that i'm interested in gay romance. Yeesh

Last edited by MetricTensor; 25/08/23 04:35 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by MetricTensor
Gale in particular asked to show me some "magic". I could either say i'm interested or rudely decline. Now, is there an option to not be rude but not open the floodgate for romance? Nope. "Pretending" to be interested because i didn't want to decline him apparently is my signal to him that i'm interested in gay romance. Yeesh

FWIW the new patch actually did fix the "sex or I hate you" Gale setup.

Justice For Karlach.
I just wish I could be friends with all my companions without them expecting me to kiss them. ): One or two is fine, but it's every single companion.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard