Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I just wish I could zoom out one more tick! It's the only thing I want. Larian add or someone make a mod please! =D

So happy to be playing this game though for real.

addict
addict
The camera system is the main technical failing in BG3 as a videogame. It's not awful, but given the beauty of the environment, and the verticality and complexity of the settings, the inability of the camera system to offer 1st/3rd viewpoints ( my main gripe ) or fully encompassing viewpoints is disappointing.

I have not tried it myself, because I prefer more intimate cameras in RPGs, but there is supposedly a tactical camera, which might help you ( activate by the "o" key, I think, but you can check the key bindings in the options menu )

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by etonbears
The camera system is the main technical failing in BG3 as a videogame. It's not awful, but given the beauty of the environment, and the verticality and complexity of the settings, the inability of the camera system to offer 1st/3rd viewpoints ( my main gripe ) or fully encompassing viewpoints is disappointing.

I have not tried it myself, because I prefer more intimate cameras in RPGs, but there is supposedly a tactical camera, which might help you ( activate by the "o" key, I think, but you can check the key bindings in the options menu )
I use the tactical camera if I cannot click where I want to go in combat, which is often.

The camera and the controls for movement and aiming are by far the worst part of the game and are responsible for 80%+ of my total experienced frustration. Having said that, everything else is nailed so well that I ALMOST don’t mind.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
old hand
old hand
Try going back to the Neverwinter Nights games if you want to experiencing having a stroke when you try panning the camera around. Turn based crpgs are very tricky to make in full 3D with fully smooth and functional camera options.

What most such games usually do is locked isometric 3D.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 06/08/23 07:27 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Please, Please, Please add a camera tilt to BG3! Spoiler- Example, trying to see that guy on the windmill is very hard. Why can't I look up, just a little? I can look down. If it is impossible for some reason, you could at least tell us.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yes, a look up would add so much to this game, the environments are stunning I want to see them in this experience!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by etonbears

The tactical camera doesn't solve all problems. Quite often, there are enemies high up in some rafters/lookout tower/mesa which the camera doesn't quite give you the ability to see. Even the tactical camera saw fit to zoom itself to the elevation which made sense only relative to the lowest level.

Link Copied to Clipboard