Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 70 of 156 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 155 156
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
This post is really friggen good. I love how you've explained it all out. Really, really hoping they do the third route and yes, we know that Swen and Larian genuinely care about the fans and our interests.

That brings the point of Zariel hanging on Karlach's tail; it wouldn't be that weird given that they'd have meddled with her toys and champion/greatest asset, but also because genuinely everyone has a god after them or bound to them by endgame.
Lae'zel has Vlaakith, Shadowheart has Shar, Gale has Mystra, Wyll may cut his ties with Mizora who no, isn't a goddess but still a connection to the hells, and Astarion has his own complexes.

Not all of these are negative but in my main playthrough for instance, all main Origin ladies would have a really powerful goddess after them. So that evens out LOL

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I was just thinking.

If I'm playing a cleric of Ilmater, there's NO SHOT I shouldn't be able to call a Devine favor and swap hearts with Karlach.

That is the most fucking Ilmater thing imaginable.

Last edited by Sunriders Destin; 27/09/23 06:36 PM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. It's next year and isn't meant to advertise anything, so what will they say? Few words about development and maybe pat themselves in the back for patch 2 because they are so good.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Because either the cuts were completely last minute and there was no time to fix anything, or edgy 12 year olds on wattpadd are better writers than so called "professional" studio. Karlach situation never made any sense, but time to act passed long ago, now we won't change anything

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I don't understand what you even mean by "but time to act passed long ago", dude the game released just a few days over 3 weeks ago. They've dropped THREE patches and 8 hotfixes in three weeks. There's no way in Hells they can implement a change as big as we're asking for Karlach in this time, it's not the most crucial for the many's playability.

Originally Posted by Feris
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. It's next year and isn't meant to advertise anything, so what will they say? Few words about development and maybe pat themselves in the back for patch 2 because they are so good.

Bro, massive studios 5 times Larian's size can't wheel out one patch that's only half as big even in the span of 3 months. What Larian has released so far is nothing short of a miracle. Our grievances shouldn't make us blind to their technical achievements. It's why we have faith in them in the first place.

journeyman
journeyman
to add to what everyone else is saying: i wouldn't have made a forum account in the first place if we were talking about any other company because i would've just thought "ah, allright, that's it i guess." at least here i have the hope that we will actually be acknowledged eventually, and i am under no delusion that this will happen quickly (as we already said a thousand times: these things take time. an ENORMOUS amount of time.)

F
Banned
Banned
F
CDPR was releasing hotfixes at machine gun speed when CP2077 was hot mess and the game is much bigger than BG3, your point?

F
Banned
Banned
F
"If we were talking about any other company", you sound exactly the same as people before ME3 was released with that horrible ending, you sound exactly like people that were hyped for Cyberpunk back in 2020. Small part of me really wish that Karlach will never get fixed because you guys need to learn the hard way that companies these days do nothing for the players, unless they are absolutely forced to as a reality check

Last edited by Feris; 28/09/23 07:07 AM.
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
"If we were talking about any other company", you sound exactly the same as people before ME3 was released with that horrible ending, you sound exactly like people that were hyped for Cyberpunk back in 2020. Small part of me really wish that Karlach will never get fixed because you guys need to learn the hard way that companies this days do nothing for the players, unless they are absolutely forced to as reality check
OK, let's say you're right. Why are you here? Why are you in this thread telling everyone they'll never get what they hope for? What do you get out of this? Even if you're right, what do you get out of doing this?

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
I wouldn't call people who can't bear to see their loved ones die right in front of them bad people. I don't think I would've had the heart to accept Karlach's wishes to just blow up on the pier as I watched on. Especially after I heard her lament the life she'd never have.
But the life she laments isn't a life in Avernus! Not respecting someone's wishes and pushing them to do what makes you feel good is bad!

Originally Posted by Walking Kole
Sometimes being a good friend means standing up to your friends for their own good. Yes, Avernus is a place of trauma for her, but trauma can be overcome. Things are different now: She's not alone anymore. There are people who love her and believe in her. This time, the pain and the struggle are worth pushing through for the promise of a better tomorrow.
But that's a decision she gets to make. You don't get to push her into it. If Larian wants to make their new ending work, they need to create a pathway toward it in which Karlach realizes, organically, that she has found a wonderful family to support and believe in her. But even if they do that, it still feels wrong to me. Karlach says, in no uncertain terms, that she will be caught and enslaved again if she turns up in Avernus. All the love and support in the world won't do her any good when that happens.

journeyman
journeyman
"If we were talking about any other company", you sound exactly the same as people before ME3 was released with that horrible ending, you sound exactly like people that were hyped for Cyberpunk back in 2020. Small part of me really wish that Karlach will never get fixed because you guys need to learn the hard way that companies these days do nothing for the players, unless they are absolutely forced to as a reality check

I don't get your argument, Larian is an indipendent studio and it's not CD project red and not even bioware. That plays a huge part, and they don't exactly hold a bad track record. Whatever happens next is anyone's guess, since they never had a game with this much success on their hands, but last time I checked they weren't in the hands of their shareholders or the company above them (which doesn't exists)

CDPR was releasing hotfixes at machine gun speed when CP2077 was hot mess and the game is much bigger than BG3, your point?

There's a massive difference between hotfixes and patches, my dude.

Small part of me really wish that Karlach will never get fixed because you guys need to learn the hard way that companies these days do nothing for the players, unless they are absolutely forced to as a reality check.

Stop and think about where your bitterness is leading you.

Last edited by Walking Kole; 28/09/23 07:44 AM.
Originally Posted by jono11
But the life she laments isn't a life in Avernus! Not respecting someone's wishes and pushing them to do what makes you feel good is bad!

Sure, but going back to Avernus was never going to be permanent. We're going there to find another way out.

And it's not just about what makes me feel good. It's more about what I believe is right for them. I can respect their agency and still hold my ground on what I believe is right at the same time.

But that's a decision she gets to make. You don't get to push her into it. If Larian wants to make their new ending work, they need to create a pathway toward it in which Karlach realizes, organically, that she has found a wonderful family to support and believe in her. But even if they do that, it still feels wrong to me.

Yes, she makes the final decision. She agrees to go with us back to Avernus. I don't think anybody was holding a gun to her head when she made that decision. She has her agency, and I have mine. If I believe something is right, I will stand by that position. She can take it or leave it, and she can make up her own mind.

I don't believe in robbing people of their agency and I also don't believe in infantilizing them.

But I agree with you that as it stands, the change in mind is somewhat abrupt. It needs to be expanded upon.

Karlach says, in no uncertain terms, that she will be caught and enslaved again if she turns up in Avernus. All the love and support in the world won't do her any good when that happens.

If that happens. She says that about returning to Avernus in general, not about us going with her. That changes things. Her decision to go back with us indicates to me that she has faith in us to prevent that from happening.

Last edited by Walking Kole; 28/09/23 08:05 AM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
My bitterness leads me to the exact same place as your misguided trust in soulless corporation - nowhere. The difference is that at least I'm aware of it

F
Banned
Banned
F
Also, what did those patches exactly had? Bug fixes and performance improvements, except a cutscene that proves what I say is right, option to remove afk Tavs from the party and option to change your appearance, all the patches did was fix bugs and improve performance, exactly the same thing CDPR was machine gunning with cyberpunk (because they were forced to)

F
Banned
Banned
F
Yeah, exactly like BioWare and CDPR before they lost their reputation. I'm not sure if you know/remeber a quote from CDPR before cyberpunk's release "No micro transactions, you pay for the full game. We leave greed for the others", what a hero statement right? Sounds awfully similar to you all praying to Larian because they always listen. Maybe they do, until they don't which is the exact thing that happens sooner or later

My bitterness leads me to the exact same place as your misguided trust in soulless corporation - nowhere. The difference is that at least I'm aware of it

If you're aware, why are you spending your time here? Wouldn't you want to spend your newfound awareness on something more worthwhile to you?

Feris, go touch some grass. You're just spewing your biterness all over the thread now. It's neither constructive nor endearing.

Also, what did those patches exactly had? Bug fixes and performance improvements, except a cutscene that proves what I say is right, option to remove afk Tavs from the party and option to change your appearance, all the patches did was fix bugs and improve performance, exactly the same thing CDPR was machine gunning with cyberpunk (because they were forced to)

Even CDPR at the height of Cyperpunk's fiasco didn't fix nearly as many issues with the game as Larian has. It's not just bug fixes and performance improvements. They're polishing the art, the writing, the balance, the sequence logic, the level designs -- everything, my dude. Most other studios only focus on bugs and performance issues. Larian does everything all at once.

As far as new content is concerned, producing a new scene on short notice is very, very difficult to do. Adding even the most basic of new features this quick is also rare for big studios. It took CDPR this long to let you modify your appearance, which was a basic thing people have been asking for since launch.

The fact that Larian could do all of this at the same time is unheard of.

Page 70 of 156 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard