Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 152 of 156 1 2 150 151 152 153 154 155 156
A
old hand
old hand
A
What she really restores isn't his body but his soul and his humanity, as she afterwards takes him to Elysium, which also is the promised reward for detonating the orb. It's not a fix it for a broken body, it's just a particularly nice place in the afterlife. So no, she doesn't meddle in mortal affairs as the person she restores is afterwards removed from fate. Unless they changed this - which it doesn't read like - if he wants to return to the world, he has to stay a squid.

But haters gonna hate.

S
S
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
So.... gods can't meddle in mortal affairs but mystra can just snap her fingers and change gales whole body on a whim?
Just seems like I'm more justified to hate gale for not helping now tbh. I didn't know mystra was so heavy handed like that.
It is worse than that. Gale's deus ex machina puts the entire main plot in question. The dead three were threatening the power of other gods by destroying the souls of their followers. Burning down the fields of the competition, is what Bane calls it, when you use speak with the dead on Gortash. But then Gale's origin reveals that divine intervention can restore a soul, even for an illithid. Which would make the plan a non-issue for the gods.

At the same time neither Withers, nor even a good deity like Seluna, who on the good path owes her daughter's freedom to the protagonist, will intervene. And it's not like Withers is not capable of deus ex machina; he does it in the dark urge questline.

Compared to EA, Gale is written more like a Karsus fanfiction at this point, existing in his own realm of the writer's power fantasy.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
That Selune point is solid. After all the things we (possibly) did for her, she does nothing. It's, quite frankly, just silly.

P
stranger
stranger
P
i want so bad to fix our red golden retriever's heart that i create this forum account just to post it here

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
So... any larian employee want to leak some karlach dlc info? I won't tell no one.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Possible spoilers regarding Raphael and Karlach's engine

It still baffles me how on earth the PC cannot ask Raphael to help Karlach. It's already established at that point that her engine is failing and Dammon cannot help, and that the Steel Watcher has possibly informed that the fix would be impossible due to it being an obsolete model. There's just no reason at all NOT to ask Raph to "sweeten the deal" by adding Karlach's fix to the pile. It would just make sense and make the devil's offer more enticing.

T
Banned
Banned
T
The white male CEO of Larian has already summed up why Karlach's ending won't be changed. The ending they've written is the ending that a non-white woman from a racially-discriminated group "deserves", in his opinion.

T
Banned
Banned
T
The white male CEO of Larian has already summed up why Karlach's ending won't be changed. The ending they've written is the ending that a non-white woman from a racial group whom the story constantly tries to justify the oppression and dehumanization of "deserves", in his opinion. It's her fault for not being a white man human or elf and thus inherently deserving of sympathy even if they're among the ones being racist and abusive to people like her.

Last edited by Thelxiope; 24/02/24 06:43 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Kneecap

It still baffles me how on earth the PC cannot ask Raphael to help Karlach. It's already established at that point that her engine is failing and Dammon cannot help, and that the Steel Watcher has possibly informed that the fix would be impossible due to it being an obsolete model. There's just no reason at all NOT to ask Raph to "sweeten the deal" by adding Karlach's fix to the pile. It would just make sense and make the devil's offer more enticing.
Is this new content, hinted at by someone, or just wishful thinking? I agree that a moment where the pc sells their soul to raph in order to save karlach would be an insanly strong emotional moment and the fact it didn't happen is really wild. But most of act 3 is like that tbh, it's alot of plot holes that have very simple fixes.

Originally Posted by Thelxiope
The white male CEO of Larian has already summed up why Karlach's ending won't be changed. The ending they've written is the ending that a non-white woman from a racial group whom the story constantly tries to justify the oppression and dehumanization of "deserves", in his opinion. It's her fault for not being a white man human or elf and thus inherently deserving of sympathy even if they're among the ones being racist and abusive to people like her.

Oh god, you are here too.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K

Is this new content, hinted at by someone, or just wishful thinking? I agree that a moment where the pc sells their soul to raph in order to save karlach would be an insanly strong emotional moment and the fact it didn't happen is really wild. But most of act 3 is like that tbh, it's alot of plot holes that have very simple fixes.

It's just an observation that you can't even bring the subject up during that discussion, which makes zero sense.

Last edited by Kneecap; 24/02/24 10:03 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by WildOrchid

I don't agree 100% with their point but to be fair gale has a similar problem to karlach but instead of gale getting shafted, left to burn alive on a random ass dock he gets full blown godhood given to him because?????? Reasons. It's pretty suspect that larian just so happened to make one if karlachs "good" endings as her begging/worshipping God gale for a chance to fix her engine.
Again fuck gale man POS.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M

It's just an observation that you can't even bring the subject up during that discussion, which makes zero sense.
I'd love to see something like that

K
journeyman
journeyman
K

I don't agree 100% with their point but to be fair gale has a similar problem to karlach but instead of gale getting shafted, left to burn alive on a random ass dock he gets full blown godhood given to him because?????? Reasons. It's pretty suspect that larian just so happened to make one if karlachs "good" endings as her begging/worshipping God gale for a chance to fix her engine.
Again fuck gale man POS.

Pretty sure Gale's a self-insert character for the writers or something. Or that he was supposed to be Elminster but WotC said no.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M

Again fuck gale man POS.

Pretty sure Gale's a self-insert character for the writers or something. Or that he was supposed to be Elminster but WotC said no.
Ya know you're probably right his character plays like a bad self insert but I'd rather have him than elminster tbh.

apprentice
apprentice
what the hell you're talking about. Always the downtrodden fools. What does Karlach and Swen Vincke have to do with skin color? Sometimes I can't understand what's in the heads of the perpetually oppressed.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Karlachs ending is because she is red and the CEO of Larian is white...thats the hottest take I heard since game launch. Abosulately batsh#% insane but hot.

But on a more positive note. There was a tease about larain recording Ice for something their working on.
And some one mentioned that the lvl of hell rapheal is from and where gortash and durge did their heist is an Icey* layer of hell? Its a long shot but would be pretty baller for a hells DLC

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Norrec69
Karlachs ending is because she is red and the CEO of Larian is white...thats the hottest take I heard since game launch. Abosulately batsh#% insane but hot.

But on a more positive note. There was a tease about larain recording Ice for something their working on.
And some one mentioned that the lvl of hell rapheal is from and where gortash and durge did their heist is an Icey* layer of hell? Its a long shot but would be pretty baller for a hells DLC

What tease? Got a link?

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Please have a link that's the best news we've had in a while

D
stranger
stranger
D

Page 152 of 156 1 2 150 151 152 153 154 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard