Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 153 of 156 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 156
veteran
veteran
I feel like expecting a DLC based on the hells for Karlach is doomed to be disappointing. Because she could very likely just die. I don't think that, creatively speaking, basing a DLC on something hinging on a character who very likely dies in the game is t all a smart choice. The problem with how open-ended this game is is that trying to pick up any given thread for a DLC wouldn't work, because plenty of players may have just not picked up the thread, or may have tied it up in some way already and so picking it up again just invalidates the choices of lots and lots of players.

Omg don't get my hopes up y'all.

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I feel like expecting a DLC based on the hells for Karlach is doomed to be disappointing. Because she could very likely just die. I don't think that, creatively speaking, basing a DLC on something hinging on a character who very likely dies in the game is t all a smart choice. The problem with how open-ended this game is is that trying to pick up any given thread for a DLC wouldn't work, because plenty of players may have just not picked up the thread, or may have tied it up in some way already and so picking it up again just invalidates the choices of lots and lots of players.

It doesn't 'invalidate' their choices, if they want Karlach dead in the base story, she can remain dead and won't appear in the dlc. And they won't make a dlc just for one character, Karlach being there can just be a bonus for the mission to trigger about her heart, IF you choose the Avernus ending for her. I don't get this logic of 'invalidating' player's choices in a choice based game. Besides, it just gives players more fuel to replay the game and try different outcomes. There's never one absolute (heh) choice. But if you want Karlach dead or illithid, so be it. The dlc can still reflect that.

I literally have Karlach not recruited in some of my playthroughs because I'm doing different choices and outcomes.

Not sure if I got your post 100%, do forgive me if I did miss the point.

veteran
veteran
I think my main point doens't get across the fact that, unlike some, I don't think there's actually any point to going to the Hells other than Karlach, so I assume that any DLC dealing with the hells would only be about Karlach, which wouldn't work if some players leave Karlach dead.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Considering how lackluster and unsatisfying karlachs ''quest'' is in the game, she if anyone deserves a dlc that centers around her lol. Her and wyll both honestly. But regardless, adventuring in the hells would make for a cool story with or without karlach so i dont think a dlc centered around the hells is a bad idea at all.

Although I doubt that the ice-recording had anything to do with larian working on a dlc for bg3 but one can always hope.

As I said before they won't do a dlc for one character, Larian could think of myriad ways for a dlc story about the Hells.

With or without Karlach.

Originally Posted by Deak_51

Btw I forgot to ask, didn't Swen quit BG3 so he can focus on a new game? Don't get me wrong, I'm overdosing on hopium but it could just be about the next game.

Last edited by WildOrchid; 29/02/24 01:49 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Oh yeah i agree with you i think its unlikely too, just sharing the tweet because they asked for it.

Originally Posted by WildOrchid
Btw I forgot to ask, didn't Swen quit BG3 so he can focus on a new game? Don't get me wrong, I'm overdosing on hopium but it could just be about the next game.

I remember reading something about that but im really not sure, i think the most likely way we get anything additional for Karlach now would be in some sort of definitive edition, similar to how Beast was changed in Divinity Original Sin 2's definitive edition but even then there's no guarantee.

Last edited by Deak_51; 29/02/24 02:19 PM.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Not really sure why would anyone expect a possible Avernus DLC/addon be solely for Karlach. It's a big place with major plot threads related to the main game, not to mention they had Avernus planned as a map before it being cut during development. Karlach's engine is just one thread connected to that plane, which can be explored if she's a part of your story, or completely ignored if she's not.

veteran
veteran
What other threads are there relating to Avernus? Actual unresolved plots that would matter to our character, not just things/people that get mentioned? Zariel doesn't actually matter to the plot, she's just talked about. Gortash is dead so his stuff doesn't matter anymore with the infernal engines, etc. Raphael can just die, much like Karlach, so he can't be the focus of a DLC. And unless we've had evidence to the contrary, I don'tbelieve that Avernus was planned beyond just being a cool idea that they mercifully cut out of the already bloated story.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yeah Avernus is a bit of a dead end when it comes to a DLC, not to derail the thread too much but most believable theory for me at the moment is that the DLC (if there is one) will be related to Cyric who was alluded to in the epilogue in a note on Withers desk, another god who has history with The Dead Three, Mystra and Shar, Larian seems to like getting mortals and gods to interact so it would make sense from that point of view.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Maybe, but I was just alluding to the point that they''d not be doing a DLC/addon for a character, but insert said character in a DLC/addon. Be it Avernus, Neverwinter or Gale's fantasy island of Mystral affections. If they even do one at all.

They should, though. Goty and all.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I mean expanding on character endings seems more likely to me than anything else I've seen in a theory. Between raphael, zariel, hope, not to mention all the teasing they did in the epilogue around avernus. But raphael probably isn't even dead given his father is mephistopheles arch devil of thr 8th ring its likely raph is regenerating there. I think there's more to avernus than just the forge and the dlc would likely have the forge as a side thing and not its main purpose.

veteran
veteran
The problem though is that some people might have given Raphael the crown and the power boost that comes with it. There's going to be a significant difference between writing a plot for a cambion that's been empowered like unto a god and one who's licking his wounds. Again, Zariel is really a non-issue since her stuff only connects to Karlach and Gortash, one of whom is definitely dead and the other of whom is possibly dead. Hope also could be dead or left imprisoned too for that matter. There's just not a lot reliably left over from the game to justfy an Avernus DLC.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Sure but you could say that about any potential dlc idea that isn't tav goes to waterdeep or something general like that. It could be a dlc that takes tav into avernus for a seperate reason from karlach but if she's alive you can go to the forge. And it doesn't invalidate players choice since karlach states over and over again how she'd rather die than go to avernus again.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
In regards to hells dlc, the hells may not be the only place in the DLC that you venture too. But also primarily i believe some lore states that Cyric (the dark sun) is imprisoned somewhere in the hells. So that would be the focus/hook of a dlc in hells. The forge Karlach mentions is a named place in avernus. Abd could easily be a place needed for main story. With or without karlach. Not saying its a garentee but just pointing out its not as unreasonable as some here are saying

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Did know that about cyric that's promising.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
Did know that about cyric that's promising.

Yeah, apparently that guy is hinted at during the epilogue by Withers, so there's definitely something there

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I remember him being hinted at during the epilouge but I didn't know that he was sitting in one of the rings in hell. It'd be real nice if they let us make a pit stop in avernus to go to that forge.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by mattmcrich
I remember him being hinted at during the epilouge but I didn't know that he was sitting in one of the rings in hell. It'd be real nice if they let us make a pit stop in avernus to go to that forge.

No clue if he's related to any of the hells planes, has this been mentioned anywhere?

old hand
old hand
Hey folks, thought I would ask this here. There was a report on the technical problems forum that Karlach’s first romance scene is no longer triggering? Pretty sure that this happened for me, too, on my honour run because I took plenty of long rests with medium/high approval for her and never got the scene. But I wasn’t keeping super good track of everything because I’m romancing Lae’zel on this run.

Has anybody here played since patch 6 and noticed that her Act 1 romance scene wasn’t triggering? Anybody want to test it?

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
My bad boys! Cyric is trapped in limbo. Not the hells i think i heard something about keyes to release them which one or a few could be in hells. Had to wiki that.

Page 153 of 156 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard