Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Sometimes you cant hit an enemy with a ranged attack because there's something in the way blocking the path.

You need to move a bit to a spot from which the line of attack would be clear.

But, when looking at the battlefield from above, it's hard to judge if you'd be able to target the enemy from some new position.

Currently the only way to make sure is to move there, and then you cant undo it....

What they implemented in Solasta, was that as you mouse over positions to move your character, it shows arcs for attacks from these positions to all nearby enemies, so as you mouse over planning your move, you're informed that from the position you're considering, some target would be hittable.

I miss this feature when playing bg.

H
HZM Offline
journeyman
journeyman
H
+1000

I literally can not believe this is not in the game and that no one seems to care based on me searching steam and these forums. This has been in every decent game with 3rd person tactical combat for years now, if not longer.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
That will be a very helpful feature

apprentice
apprentice
+1 to this one!

I didn't realize this wasn't in and was trying to CTRL click (and some other things) to get a vantage point from where I wanted to move. It would be really nice.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
+1

The weird thing is this used to be in the game. It used to give you little lines that connected your character with any character that could see them (thus you could see them as well). But it is no longer there.

H
HZM Offline
journeyman
journeyman
H
The weird thing is that literally every other game in recent memory that has combat like this has this feature.

Last edited by HZM; 11/08/23 12:03 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard