Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zentu
Originally Posted by Flooter
Bumping this back up the listing. While I do not expect the Devs to go down the list doing all of these ideas, it would be nice for them to comment on if any of these ideas could be implemented or are even being considered.
Your commitment to feedback is appreciated, but it’s important to realize Larian do not respond to feedback, not ever. Changes will either come with patches or not at all; there’s nothing more to be done once feedback is provided but wait.

This is ad actually, I understand the reasoning, companies get a lot of hate when someone feels like their feedback is ignored, even if the feedback is unfeasable. I would love if they would just acknowledge looking at it, but at least understand the reasoning.

They've mentioned going over feedback during several panel of hells and also game has been changed because of feedback. If you are talking as a personal shout out, that's not a thing.

Edit* So I actually ran into a problem during a co-op play, pretty sure it's common complaint but ill say it anyway. I'm usually the one doing the dialog for the co-op season, one of the convo's had:

Leazel captured by two teiflings, Leazel said to get rid of them, failed my roll and they got mad and attacked.

After battle my co-op partner gets a message that he lost his Paladin Oath, it was pretty shocking and happened right at the start. My personal actions should not effect my co-op partner when they can't even interact with the dialog.

Last edited by fallenj; 12/08/23 04:03 AM.
Zentu Offline OP
Bard of Suzail
OP Offline
Bard of Suzail
I am not worried about shout outs, I want to game to be better, not my ego stroked.

Concerning Paladins, based on the various threads I have read the entire class appears to be broke. It seems to be way to easy and with no warning or explanation to break your oath.

old hand
old hand
@zentu wow gotcha

old hand
old hand
So, my bro seen this one when he was messing around in character creation. Drow do not get dancing light cantrip as a passive like in the EA. But, half-drow still do.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Some good, solid suggestions in here, including my most wanted - free camera. You could add to have WASD movement as an option outside combat and turn-based mode, clicking ahead of the characters when moving around zoomed in (to see more than 5 meters ahead...) can be incredibly frustrating.

C
stranger
stranger
C
3) Build your own party, make this simple to do without the need for a convoluted work around

THIS. It's great that the Magic Mirror now works for tweaking the pre-built hirelings' appearance (although I wish it included choice of male/female and normal/strong body type as well) but I would love the option to fully build a custom hireling (or a whole party of them!) from the ground up - race, class, background, appearance.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Yes to all of this!! I think some features were added after you posted this, and I really appreciate your adding #7 to the list.

old hand
Online Content
old hand
7 and 14 would be really cool to have. You could visualize your world and players like a "Lord of the Rings" group , or a pulp/B-movie type hero group, or the "cartoony" armour and hats we have now. I think I'd go for the 1970's B-movie Conan like look.

Z
addict
addict
Z
If you add increased difficulty above tactician I will keep it up.

stranger
stranger
More hairstyles, eye colours, tattoos, the possibility to choose body tattoos and body scars, more facial scars, blind eyes, being able to change eyelash colours, more facial presets, unlocking all facial presets regardless of character gender or different chest sizes would also be nice.

X
stranger
stranger
X
How about the option to always choose your highest applicable ability in a given situation? Still on my first playthrough (game was super unstable until the hotfixes started rolling in), and I figured I'd play barbarian/warlock on a lark, given I know what paladin/lock does in 5e and it looked more OP in BG3. Building lower STR and higher CHA for blade pact doesn't work because Rage causes a lower STR score to override a higher CHA score. If you have base 12 STR and base 20 CHA and Rage, you're going backwards with no agency. Given how other class combos function, I don't think letting your better score dictate what happens is too big a deal. Not even asking for the extra damage here, just the ability to use the better stat.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demoulius
1) hell no. Roll for stats is hilariously broken. Anyone who has had it in a campaign (or several) will know the insane powerdifferences between characters.

I had a human monk during a campaign where my lowest statline was a 15. My teammates had 15 as their highest and most stats were around 10. Thia group was very relaxed and we dident play sober. But if we did it wouldnt have been fun for my teammates.

2-7) agreed.

8) voice work is very expensive. Dont see this happening tbh.

9) no ty. Fine that you have no problem with transactions. Please keep them out of my game though.

10-11)agreed.

(1)Roll for stats.

Why not? Its really easy to implement so everyone is happy : go into the gameplay options menu,
ROLL FOR STATS: ON / OFF

Problem solved. Don't want it, turn it off.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 25/10/23 09:41 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm sure it's been said in many other places, but I would like to make a request to allow rangers to have additional animal companions such as a panther, badger etc.

journeyman
journeyman
HIDE CAPES

journeyman
journeyman
Gang help me keep this at the top. I am trying to keep this to common sense features and as I see more posted I will edit and add.

1) Roll stats option, let us choose to roll stats if we wish

2) Racial Attributes Changes, let us choose between the Racial modifier system you have implemented and the original on in 5E.

3) Build your own party, make this simple to do without the need for a convoluted work around

4) Party Walk Toggle, give us the option for our party to walk around or jog, let us enjoy the slower paced immersion.

5) Book Read indicator, if we have a read a book and find it again, have it let us know we have already read this book.

6) Alter your appearance, not a respect or even a racial change but just a way to change our look to reflected changes over time.

7) More body type options, sorry but we do not want to choose between oversized body builder and just fit person. An RPG is about the story, let us choose the fat dumpy cleric if we want, a body and facial slider system like other RPGs use would be awesome.

8) PC Voice Overs, add more choice. For the males, at least my experience, there are no real choices as they sound close to the same. Where is the deep gruff voice?

9) Dice Packs, I know you want to stay away from microtransactions and we all applaude you for that. How about making dice super easy to skin so people can create dice variants easily. I will even step into the microtransaction arena and risk being flamed, many of us would be okay with you offering a new dice set for $1 or a $5 pack for $3. They dev team had time to worry about adding Penis mechanics, how about something as simple as a ton of cool dice skins?

10) More container and inventory control options, would be nice to see the ability to rename containers or even have options in the backpack for auto organization. Say all scrolls got to one section and all potions to another. You already have this for Alchemy, Keys and Supplies.

11) Free Camera Mode, allow people to move the camera around and enjoy the solid job your team did with in game graphics. A UI toggle with this would allow for a full photo mode. Show of the beauty of the game.

12) Easy removal of coop characters from the party.

13) Access none active party members inventories when at camp.

14) Cosmetic costumes, allow a player the option to keep the certain look they want while using a different actual item. For example an specific piece of armor might have great stats but ruins the way you see the character looking. Allow the toon to wear the armor but use a different armor as the "skin" for an option.

15) auto-listen/join conversation option for multiplayer

16) Allow color change over all body hair options, Head, Facial and Eyebrows.

17: Allow a head/helmet slot for camp clothing

18: Allow familiars to interact with the environment.

19) Allow an option to use Simultaneous or Staggered turns in Coop mode.

20) Quiver for arrows and scabbard for swords. Also shield on the back when walking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will add to this list as new suggestions come up. If your suggestion is not here it is either because it effects game balance to much (IMO) or is to narrow in focus, something specifically for you and not something with wider range appeal. (Again IMO) Please help keep this at the top and lets hope the devs notice and at least acknowledge our requestions. (Maybe we can get a moderator to pin this)

Hid the quote even though it's not a spoiler because it's quite lengthy but wanted to include it for easy reference.
I'd love to see the following suggestions in game: 5 / 7 (smaller breasts would be nice) / 10 / 11 / 14 (+ the option to hide Capes, Gloves, Weapons) / 18

Last edited by Alithea; 03/12/23 08:08 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
I had another thought... TAV NEEDS A TENT!

Why do all of our companions get these cool, decked out pavilions for hanging out in camp, but Tav only gets a bedroll on the cold, hard ground? And if one of our companions get killed, their cool pavilion just instantly disappears.. we can't even use it! And if we play as an origin character, we don't even get the tent that they would normally have as a companion? Makes no sense.

A tent could be added near the campfire, beside the bedrolls and next to the "load-in" spot for Tav... at least that would give the feel that Tav is a full party member, not just someone passing through that the team has allowed to sleep there overnight.

Last edited by Cyn123; 06/12/23 04:55 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Clean the Open Spaces in Camp..
i Dont need all companions and its kinda really ugly the open spaces in the Camp when yu dont bring the useless Aditional Party members.
Another reason i hate have a lot of then its becouse of the stupid quest for the ones that i always left in camp yu have to go there switch and then left then again inside camp. great..
so Yeah its anoying having More then the only 3 i need.
i Just bring Jaheira and Minsc in act 3 becouse i love then from the other Games so i can tolerate then stading waving around Camp..
But Jesus Halsin, Gale, Wyll, Karlach.. no Thanks. Good bye for yu..
Another Stuff that is Really Weird.. why the Custom Characters dosent Have their own Tent ?!
Just Put one in the Open ugly spaces and Move on.. easy job.. btw to Fix the open spaces Just Move the companions to the Open closer to the Camp Fire..
Or made a Smaler camp cell when yu cant Bring more then 3.. yu cannot have a 5 man Party.. so its little bit useless.
(This would even increase the replay of the Game becouse if yu cant bring all of then yu would be Forced to Play Again to see the ones yu dont Bring last time.. haha)

Last edited by Thorvic; 06/12/23 05:16 PM.
A
A
You get off the nautiloid with a fully stocked tent. Gale even has a library and a telescope. Yet you are scrounging in barrels for food.

But you don't get a bed until Elfsong Tavern. And it's not stone like all the other furniture in game, which is a big bonus.

stranger
stranger
What are the chances future updates could add more options for animal companions? The Sabre-Toothed Tiger, Dilophosaurus, and the Panther are available as Wild Shape options for druids and would be awesome for Beast Master Rangers. Hell, even a snake familiar for Warlocks or animal companion for rangers would be great. There's already the model in-game for Teela (Kagha's snake buddy).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard