Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
I never went into the underdark at all in this run, but I too did moonrise last and missed out on all that. I'm especially upset that I failed to rescue the tieflings.

old hand
old hand
100ish hours and I just reached the adamantine forge!

So a note to anyone thats not aware, don't leave grymforge once you get there otherwise everyone there dies.

stranger
stranger
I am only a paltry 33 hours in/lvl 4/just entered the Underdark thanks to a CPU cooler pump failure and having to wait for a replacement to be delivered, but that is all fixed now.

I started over...so lvl3, and I'm 35Hours in.

Gotta say, the companions really start kicking butt once you get past that tiny lvl 3 Lol

old hand
old hand
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Time for more happy jumpy fun time for Lae'zel, but there be fire monsters in the lava frown

Also with every game I play on my LG TV, screenshots with HDR on are super bugged with 10x the luminence.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 11/08/23 11:51 PM.
That jumping is the most fun ability in this game (Well expect maybe crawling all over in Assassin Creed Odyssey lol). I love Jumping all around, instead of having to find a different route.....which most often is a pain in the butt.

You gonna kill it??? I couldn't even target the thing when I was there.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm at 80 hours, level 12 now, fairly far into Act 3 now. There is a ton of extra xp though, I get easily get level 13/14. Looking back, I think they should have given more xp in the early game, and slowed it down a bit in the later acts. I struggled to get 5 until I had almost done everything in Act 1, but Act 3 is just flying.

Wow, I've played a crazy amount every day lol. Can't put it down :3

Last edited by Boblawblah; 12/08/23 12:01 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SerraShaar
That jumping is the most fun ability in this game (Well expect maybe crawling all over in Assassin Creed Odyssey lol). I love Jumping all around, instead of having to find a different route.....which most often is a pain in the butt.

I killed it yes, hit it with an arrow then pulled it back, Shadowheart had to work overtime healing Laezel.

I'm completely lost on how to get the forge to work even though I tried to read a guide, and I can't find anything beyond the moulds still.

So another 50 hours in act 1 trying to get the forge to work sigh. Oh nvm, I found the mithril vein. And it only drops 1 ore and theres only 1 other one somewhere, so I can't make all the items sigh.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 12/08/23 01:17 AM.
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Originally Posted by SerraShaar

I killed it yes, hit it with an arrow then pulled it back, Shadowheart had to work overtime healing Laezel.

I'm completely lost on how to get the forge to work even though I tried to read a guide, and I can't find anything beyond the moulds still.

So another 50 hours in act 1 trying to get the forge to work sigh. Oh nvm, I found the mithril vein.

I found the forge, but I left it there without touching it. Because there were other side quests to deal with.

There is a Guide here: https://dotesports.com/baldurs-gate/news/baldurs-gate-3-how-to-reach-and-use-the-adamantine-forge

from that guide...

1- you need Mythril (There is a vein nearby, find that 1st).

2- I know you can click the large round thing in the middle and smoke come out (That's the only one I clicked before I left).

3- This forge will bring in a big monster, so make sure you wanna play around with the forge XD

4- Man...ya get ugly armor after all the trouble? MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Still ch1.

old hand
old hand
So 185 hours, I made 2 adamantine heavy armours and a sussur dagger, reading what I can for Act 1 guides it seems I've done everything I can.

Made a couple of backup saves and can now go to act 2 at last.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
90 hours, level 10 in act 3. I imagine I'll finish around 100 hours, we'll see.

I'll likely play a second evil playthrough where I make different choices. But I'll try to wait some before that so some juicy mods can be made and maybe more patches to the game.

old hand
old hand
I decided to take the mountain pass first and the undead fight took me a super long time to figure out how to beat but I did it with over 9000 reloads :x

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
100 hours, finished.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

I'll need a long break before picking it up again. What a ride. Despite some huge flaws, it was quite an experience.

F
addict
addict
F
About 105 hours in Act 2, level 9 assaulting Moonrise on tactician difficulty. I'm playing very thoroughly and in no hurry to finish.

All my companions are fully outfitted and most their quests progressing more or less.

I have to say, levels 3-4 were most difficult for me.

Main character is a devotion paladin, haven't fallen once yet. But it's a game, so Astarion has been doing lots of thieving. Actually, doing a heck of a lot of stealth, makes fights much easier.

Have Lae'zel and Karlach both Str20 with Athlete feat = bounding leaps of death.

Respec'd Shadowheart and gave her Skilled feat at level 4 to restore her to EA thieving usefulness.

Am finding many of the companions much more likeable than in EA.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Still in Act 1 and we are level 4. Picked up Karlach earlier which was my first non-EA bit. Sent Wyll back to camp so Karlach could do the Toll House with us. Not impressed with Wylls horns so I can't see him coming back, not that I'm a fan of Karlach's horns or any horns for that matter.
Lizzie and Shadders simpin' over Karlach. It's one thing me posting in the forum that I don't do romances and quite another when my two longest serving companions ignore me.

I'm wondering where to go next out of Goblin Camp, Hag, Find's gnolls and the Underdark - assuming I leave the patrol for last.

Still not convinced with my bard. Camera still doin' my head in and I got my second CTD this session. Both CTDs came while using the turn camera with middle mouse button. Can't recall that happening in EA.

journeyman
journeyman
Couldn't log into the forums since release. Because of EA, it says 200h 30m, however my save says 86H when I got the ending. I don't know if I am going to do another playthrough. Wish it had a newgame + feature to play through a second time with some advantages.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
About 130 hours in, and somewhere in act 3

journeyman
journeyman
89 hours, ~1 hour into wyrms crossing , 10 level.

S
S
Over 100 hours, currently on my third playthrough. Hit level 12 with each character, played good and evil.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard