Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hampaan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Okay so I'm lvl 7 and a fair bit in to act 2. I play an oath of vengeance paladin and Im having trouble with looting. Almost everything I kill turns red and if I loot it the dude pops up and tells me I have broken my oath.
Is it intended this way?
I cant even loot basic monster that attack me in the wild, why would looting them be breaking my oath? I can understand humans with certain affiliations but common monster should be lootable without it being a crime right? Am I missing something; or doing something wrong? Im missing out on a lot of money and items not being able to loot a lot of what I kill.
In act 1 I could loot most stuff but act 2 everything seems to be off limits

veteran
veteran
The Paladin class in general is basically unplayable unless you want to be an oathbreaker and ONLY an oathbreaker. Which I find particularly laughable since Larian have literally shared just within the last day or so that Paladin has so far been the most played class by players.

veteran
veteran
edit: nevermind, already mentioned. Getting annoyed with this forum frown

Last edited by Boblawblah; 11/08/23 06:42 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Hampaan
Almost everything I kill turns red and if I loot it the dude pops up and tells me I have broken my oath.

Stuff being marked red when it's dropped by monsters or enemies does sound like a bug. If you have a savegame showing that items are marked as owned by someone else when you think they shouldn't be then it may be worth submitting to Larian via the Report a Bug link up along the top of the launcher.

I'll move this thread into the Technical & Gameplay Problems subforum.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
P
stranger
stranger
P
I've played Vengeance Paladin for 95h+ and haven't got a single problem with looting.

But I broke my oath in ACT III and now can't atone cause the NPC Knight won't appear in camp =(

Alternatively, you could try looting with one of your companion, since their actions doesn't seem to impact your Oath.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
We have a separate thread on the Oathrbreaker Knight not showing up that I think you've already found Pirlouit, but for reference for anyone else it's at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=879177.

Oh, and OP, I should have said. If oathbreaking works like in early access, the workaround for your looting problem should be to just get one of your party members to loot instead of your paladin. Have you tried that? (It doesn't mean a fix isn't required, but might mean you're not missing out on stuff in the meantime.)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
H
Hampaan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hey thanks for the answer. I've continued to play around with it and most of the red loot doesnt seem to be breaking my oath so I've concluded its indeed fair loot just the color of the text has bugged I think. I believe the issue started when I did access forbidden loot, got the oathbreaker dude to pop up then loaded to game and skipped looting the forbidden corpse. After that 95% of corpses in game are red but doesnt trigger oathbreaking no more after I restarted the game. Still a bit off an annoyance but not gamebreaking althought it is a bit hard figuring out what im allowed to loot when its all red!

Link Copied to Clipboard