Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#879000 11/08/23 11:57 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I never did find him. Where is he? And what did you think of his voice work? I was very impressed with Jaheira's VA, sounded just like old times.

veteran
veteran
I'm 80 hours in, far into Act 3, no minsc, but I haven't been looking up anything, so he's definitely not just sitting around out in the open where it's super obvious.

veteran
veteran
So, just in case anyone is wondering how to start the search for Minsc, make sure you're talking to Jaheira in camp regularly. That's all I'll say.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Ah. Last time, Jaheira vanished on me in Act II. I'll try to do better this run.

journeyman
journeyman
Follow Jaheira quest in the act 3 and you'll find him. Voice work is on top, just like the old times, if you ask me

Last edited by Seventrussel; 12/08/23 05:47 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
(spoiler) He is actually supposed be in the counting house vault, maybe he will be there even without the Jaheira, you can try to check if you want

Last edited by Seventrussel; 12/08/23 05:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
Minsc feels like he's a secret almost with how hard it is to get him compared to other companions. It's bizarre they put him into the game but it's so easy to miss him. With Jaheira, it's almost impossible to miss her.

apprentice
apprentice
Really? Thanks for the heads up! Strange that they don't just shove him into the story like Jaheira.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Jaheira's quest leads straight to him,I think you need her to recruit him as he trusts her and she convinces the emperor to save him not you. He is great, he sounds and speaks like Minsc, not in a repeating the same lines he said in BG2 like Jaheira does but in having original lines that are 100% Minsc

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
veteran
veteran
I found Minsc 80 hours into the game. It was a mess.

His introduction scene was very confusing. I had no idea who was who, and why he was inside a Mimic. Turns out later he was tadpoled and working for the enemy robbing a bank. But he was acting like normal Minsc, not a mind controlled one.
In the bank robber cultist gang, there was a shapeshifter pretending to be Jaheira. When I caught up to them, they all attacked me. I held Minsc and killed the fake Jaheira first assuming Minsc would turn or something, realizing it wasn't really her. (Why was the shapeshifter controlling Minsc as Jaheira, if he was also tadpoled???) Anyway, nothing happens when fake Jaheira turns into a dead doppelganger. Minsc keeps attacking me. But with some Ranger spells instead of his sword. Minsc is a mage now, talk about a disconnect. I put the party on non-lethal damage and knock Minsc out. Ok, after combat he does wake up and we do get dialogue. I have to convince the Emperor to protect him from the Absolute with a VERY HARD skill check. I assumed a legendary hero from the earlier games would be welcomed with open arms. No. Well, I burn my Inspiration and make the roll eventually even though my Tav is a Cha 8 warrior type. But then after being protected Minsc is just raging about Jaheira. I point out that it was a doppelganger, not her. Minsc attacks me with 1 hp. And dies this time even though non-lethal is still on. Revivify does not work on him for some reason.

Are they being intentionally harsh to these old characters? No one forced them to put them in the game in the first place. In the same playthrough Jaheira died off-screen. If they only brought them back to first cash in on legendary characters, and then just getting rid of them so we can go back to focusing on Larian's own characters, perhaps they shouldn't have brought them back at all?

Last edited by 1varangian; 13/08/23 08:54 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard