Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
It's really annoying having to waste an action reequipping my greatsword after throwing the pike, ironically making it a poor choice for a side throwing weapon when it should be great. Just make it go back to your inventory if it wasn't already equipped when thrown please.

veteran
veteran
Yeah noticed this happening too playing as a throw Barb, so am not sure whether it's intended or an oversight for it to re-equip itself once it's back.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Skye1402
It's really annoying having to waste an action reequipping my greatsword after throwing the pike, ironically making it a poor choice for a side throwing weapon when it should be great. Just make it go back to your inventory if it wasn't already equipped when thrown please.
For those who use the pike as their primary weapon, making it go back to the inventory would completely ruin it, because they'd have to equip it every time just the same. I think a good solution would be the ability to put the pike in your ranged weapon slot instead. (as I'd like it to be for all throwing weapons).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MarvelS
]For those who use the pike as their primary weapon...

Given alternative options, why would anyone want to use this as their main melee weapon?

It works great as a thrown weapon, but I do tend to ignore it because I don't like it overriding whatever else I'd prefer to be wielding.

That said, it does make more sense that it comes back into your hands when it returns. As opposed to returning and settling itself nicely into your pack or whatever magical space hole you have behind your back.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Having a returning pike in your monks/ barbarian's back pack to throw around seems like a cool perk to have on your teammate.

apprentice
apprentice
It would be great to have a toggle option like other things that decides whether it equips or just returns to your inventory.

veteran
veteran
Or maybe if it just went back into the same slot it was in when you threw it; either your inventory or equipped, depending.

veteran
veteran
In an ideal world where people made neat and reactive code, a weapon with the returning property would return to the state it was in before it was thrown - I.e., IF it was in your hand, it returns to your hand... and IF it was not actively wielded, it returns to the non-wielded position it was in. This shouldn't be too much of a programming challenge, in reality, and I'm not sure why anyone would willingly settle for less.

Link Copied to Clipboard