Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 88 of 93 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 92 93
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Guys... Let's pray that we get our happy ending with Halsin in this week's patch...

Originally Posted by iloverainbow
Guys... Let's pray that we get our happy ending with Halsin in this week's patch...
I personally will be very happy if devs finally fix Halsin's point-n-click lines and add spell casting lines recorded by Dave. That's the minimum I want.
As for epilogues, I have a feeling they did not bring actors back in studio to record them, so my hopes are for the next year.

A
A
You expectations have been exceeded:

Epilogue: An entirely new section at the end of the game after the defeat of the _____
that aims to provide a well-deserved sense of closure with your allies.

N
addict
addict
N
I am very curious how is epilogue treating Halsin romancers. How is it?

apprentice
apprentice
^im still waiting for the definite edition to the game. i've read that he has a hug animation though

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I heard it's pretty substantial? Someone please just tell me if our Tav and Halsin stay together in the end

Originally Posted by iloverainbow
I heard it's pretty substantial? Someone please just tell me if our Tav and Halsin stay together in the end
My save files were partially lost, so I'll have to go through last battle once again and check epilogue. I really hope there is an option to tell Halsin my Tav wants to stay with him. From what I saw epilogue party in general is very sweet, you can have extra interactions with him.
What I can say for sure is they changed the "last kiss" scene before the last battle and when I saw it I literally started ugly crying. It is so beautiful now, filled with such emotions! You can see how Halsin loves and cares about Tav. Here's the video I recorded.

Last edited by Noelle666; 01/12/23 06:25 AM.
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Omg thank you for sharing! I don't want any spoilers for now but so far it sounds pretty neat!

F
F
For anyone who wants to see it for themselves, here is a YouTube link:

The kiss is really well done, the hug is sweet and everything thats being said is cute, especially about the children. Yet is doesn't feel like it's been 6 months since we met last time, there is no passion, no fire, it's more like "nice to have".
Beside a few words and the kiss and hug, I don't really feel like this a real mutual relationship thing or anything but more like friends with benefits.

From what I heard, this is not the only version of it. It seems like there is another version thats not in the game
for those who decided to go with Halsin in the end. You arrive at the party together and he is worried about you thinking you could've made the wrong decision, living a quiet life with him but then he starts to enjoy the party (or something like this)

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
Originally Posted by Filia
For anyone who wants to see it for themselves, here is a YouTube link:

The kiss is really well done, the hug is sweet and everything thats being said is cute, especially about the children. Yet is doesn't feel like it's been 6 months since we met last time, there is no passion, no fire, it's more like "nice to have".
Beside a few words and the kiss and hug, I don't really feel like this a real mutual relationship thing or anything but more like friends with benefits.

From what I heard, this is not the only version of it. It seems like there is another version thats not in the game
for those who decided to go with Halsin in the end. You arrive at the party together and he is worried about you thinking you could've made the wrong decision, living a quiet life with him but then he starts to enjoy the party (or something like this)
You know, right now I would be happy to have this clumsy datamined dialogue to have an opportunity to remain with Halsin and have that other option you mentioned at the epilogue. It is still clumsy and I hope for improvements, but with this druid sometimes I feel I cannot physically let him go. I want HIM to tell me HE wants to be with my Tav, of course, it would be better, I still will write my feedbacks, but... I think I was a bit exhausted yesterday and still am today after those "goodbyes" on Twitter, so I may agree to anything.

Last edited by Noelle666; 01/12/23 10:12 AM.
old hand
old hand

Ah ha. I've been hearing reports of bugs, the epilogue at first acting like you stayed together and then acting like you were apart those six months. Maybe it's because the version you mention hasn't been implemented yet. I'll keep holding off on my Halsin run - but back to the others I go!

Originally Posted by Noelle666
after those "goodbyes" on Twitter

The what now?!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Ah ha. I've been hearing reports of bugs, the epilogue at first acting like you stayed together and then acting like you were apart those six months. Maybe it's because the version you mention hasn't been implemented yet.

This was my experience. I asked on Reddit and others have experienced the same issue. Looks like a bug as the inconsistencies are quite glaring.

A
A
I'm not going to watch spoilers, but I wonder if this plays with the ending where
you go with him as a mindflayer.
Script Extender got updated last night so hopefully I can reload an old save tonight and see it all for myself.

I always find it touching that he tells you later that
he didn't expect the team survive but he encourages you anyway in the moment.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
The what now?!
Well, there is a Comminity update 25 page on Larian websire: "For the writers of Larian, this “final goodbye” has resulted in some of the most complex writing in the game thus far, as it takes advantage of Baldur's Gate 3’s reactivity across the entire adventure."
Dave on hiw Twitter page said "Halsin was a *joy*. He changed my life. I’ll miss him x"
I mean, when I read it it felt like all of them are saying "goodbye" but I guess there is still a lot of work to do. I'm sure there will be DLC, plus Larian need to fix tons of bugs. So I think it more like "see you soon after we take a break".

old hand
old hand
Ah. Well, it might be true that the VAs will never revisit these characters again; Larian isn't big on DLC, mostly they just add items and maybe a new side character. But they do make definitive editions - that might need new character work. We'll see!

C
journeyman
journeyman
C

This is the version I got. I told him in the romance end I would come visit him.

In the epilogue it says Tav stays to help the wounded and after a tenday reunites with Halsin. And after 6 months Halsin (in bear form) comes with a letter and Tav pets him behind his ear I think and the letter is the invitation for the party. You can see both arrive there and if you talk with your companions you can tell them how happy you are with Halsin. And Halsin will tell you that he was worried you might be reminded of the great adventures you had and regret the quiet life with him and the children (and he is also worried because the children were not one night without him and Tav (he is not just talking about him but about both of you) and they will surely miss his bedtime stories...). You can tell him you are thinking he might missing his free roaming and he says he doesn't (sorry, was worded nicer, basically being with Tav showed him that he has all that he wants/needs and he is content and doesn't need to look elsewhere....). It is very sweet and you can get from it that after the initial 10 days that they were apart they have been inseparable for the last 6 months and together building a new home for them and the children and taking care of them. And he is over joyed if you ask the owlbear to stay with them. You can also hug him and kiss him (it is a very long and nice kiss I think).

So I was very happy with the ending - you still don't have an option to go directly with him but that isn't so bad anymore.

Last edited by Cawyden; 01/12/23 08:24 PM.
A
A
I adore the Halsin romance end now. It's clear you don't waste any time coming to visit, and have made a life together. It exceeds my expectations. When I was just hoping for a small change, we got THIS.

I look forward to finding out if they did anything about his
SA history and perhaps dealt with saying no really meaning no in regards to other companions and the brothel.

P.S. Also OMG the owlbear!

Last edited by Asri; 01/12/23 10:42 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Cawyden

This is the version I got. I told him in the romance end I would come visit him.

In the epilogue it says Tav stays to help the wounded and after a tenday reunites with Halsin. And after 6 months Halsin (in bear form) comes with a letter and Tav pets him behind his ear I think and the letter is the invitation for the party. You can see both arrive there and if you talk with your companions you can tell them how happy you are with Halsin. And Halsin will tell you that he was worried you might be reminded of the great adventures you had and regret the quiet life with him and the children (and he is also worried because the children were not one night without him and Tav (he is not just talking about him but about both of you) and they will surely miss his bedtime stories...). You can tell him you are thinking he might missing his free roaming and he says he doesn't (sorry, was worded nicer, basically being with Tav showed him that he has all that he wants/needs and he is content and doesn't need to look elsewhere....). It is very sweet and you can get from it that after the initial 10 days that they were apart they have been inseparable for the last 6 months and together building a new home for them and the children and taking care of them. And he is over joyed if you ask the owlbear to stay with them. You can also hug him and kiss him (it is a very long and nice kiss I think).

So I was very happy with the ending - you still don't have an option to go directly with him but that isn't so bad anymore.
This sounds very sweet, and I also love the owlbear!

F
F
Originally Posted by Asri
It's clear you don't waste any time coming to visit, and have made a life together.

Where do you read that Halsin and the Tav have a future together? True, he said the Tav can come for a visit and stay as long as they want, but still thats not a real "lets live together". Also, after 6 months of not seeing each other, I would have expected even more emotions, maybe even a final "I love you".

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
E
E
I didn't have much hope for the epilogue, but to be honest, I'm more than happy with what we got. It was very sweet. Wouldn't mind another intimate scene in the romance though, Halsin only gets the one in the game, and I mean, getting away together from the kids for the first time in 6 months is kind of a great opportunity to find some "alone time". LOL.

Page 88 of 93 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard