Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Z
addict
addict
Z
Now its working at least for me i could hit the werewolfs. Previously I did 0 dmg.
I dont know i think now it's in a really good shape. Items are still working after changing back to humanoid form.
I am suggesting to you to stack ac to the sky I am running around 31 Armour class as a pure druid. Mostly nothing can hit me . After they beated me I just cast spells use the summons. Just ignore the those shape shifter items and no one will beat you. For feats I used tavern brawler + constitution resilient + constitution and medium armor master and I used some helm or shield to protect my self from critical hits. I used the potion what gived me advantage on constitution saves.
I was able to solo with the new patch Act 3.
Before that I could not do it normally. I had a lot of problems. Could not do damage to magic weapon resistant and immune creatures like werewolf. And I died after returning to human form cuz the item what I had equiped was not functioning. So I lost like 4 armor class and immune to critical.

The main problem is that ppl are following youtube guidelines.
And playing with shity armor class. Of course they will die all the time.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 25/09/23 06:06 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm not sure AC works that way with wild shape? When I played this morning I checked Halsin's AC in elf form vs wild shape, and they were definitely very different. Since Dex changes according to the animal, it wouldn't be the same. I think his elf AC was 21, and then his sabretooth wild shape was 16? Will need to double check though, as well as see what's contributing to his AC when he's in a particular wild shape.

EDIT: Yup I just checked. The wild shape AC is based solely on the Dex of the wild shape. So even though Hal has 18 Dex as an elf (due to Gloves of Dexterity, which gives him a 21 AC altogether) his Dex drops as a sabre kitty, and so does his AC (resulting in a paltry 13 AC). His armour doesn't impact his AC at all when in wild shape, which includes armour effects. It would be interesting to know whether a Dex elixir would have any effect on his wild shape, but I don't remember coming across one yet. Will have to check with a strength elixir to see if it carries through to the wild shape strength. [Checked: it does carry through.]

EDIT 2: I thought that perhaps I could cast Mage Armour on Hal, since his armour has no effect on his AC when he's in wild shape, but it won't cast because he "Can't have armour equipped". So that's somewhat problematic. Not sure if anyone else has picked up on that before.

Last edited by mishtress; 26/09/23 08:56 AM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
I tell you what will improve wild shape if you want.
But you complain was about moon druid and not about wild shape.
So for wildshape this bonuses will work and will ad some endurance. Buffs: haste / shield of faith / warding bond/ mirror image.
Class bonuses : defenseive figthing style (figthers class) / barbarian constitution ( it will use the armor of your animal forms constitution) / monk wisdom bonus but will use wisdom and the wisdom you can push to 22 so that means +6 armor but it also means that you cannot wear any armor or helmet boots gloves shield.
Items there is an armor that gives so called moonbasking +2 armor when you wild shape.
There is a ring that gives you +1 armor if you are in darkness or darker area.

Feats and bonuses : there is a way to get +2 dexterity from a certain mirror that can give +1 to armor class for wildshape, and the dual wield feat gives +1 armor class to wild shape as well.

So the maximum armor class that you can add for short amount of time is if all the buffs are on your self +1 from figther +1 from dual wield + 1 from dexterity ( mirror) +1 from darkness + 2 from moonbasking=6 and on top of this haste + shield of faith +4 and mirror image +9.
If you choose eath myrmidon you can get +2 more. It will net you 39 ac no one can hit that.
I think it's manage for 10 turns around 30 armor class as an earth myrmidon.
I hope this will help you. It's a litte bit messy how I wrote it down.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Look originaly what I wanted to say that ppl what to treat moon druid like diablo 4 druid. And all guides are building on that fantasy. The the wild shape is your main to go.
The way I played was simple I stacked up the most armor class what I could just manage on the druid putted on my self haste or shield spell .
The shield spell I get from shar armor the haste from the bow. Then I shaped I had correct amount of con savings and advantage from the potion.
To maintain my concentration.
I used healing potions and berries to last as long as I just can in bear/ owlbear / and earth myrmidon form. When I got beated down I shaped again. I got beated again I casted darkness and I started to use spells summons.

After the new patch I never had any issues in act 2 and 3.
Act 1 is challenging a little bit but I know when are the easy monster. After reaching lvl 4-5 any enemy is doomed.
The only difficulty you can have if you are not jump attacking Grym.

I had no problem soloing Act 1-2 but before patch I had a huge problem at act 3 because attack as shifted dont counted magical.
There a still 1 bug with moon druid. Owlbear rage is disappears after 1 turn even if you don't get hit.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 26/09/23 11:24 AM.
A
A
I have already left a link to a Wildshape mod, but here it is again. You want Moon Druids different and stronger? Use this as a basis: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1148

Making other druids wildshape basically equal to Moon was a massive mistake, that gutted the subclass, while making others stronger.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Nah I don't like it.
Moon druid dragon form....
I Ike the fix for barbarian multiclassing. But one of the forms are make no sense at all. For example werewolf bulette dragon. Also there is no hope for no pc Mac players.
PS5 cloud gaming dosnt support modds..
I gues after 20 times I played the game I will have most of the achievements except animal abuse and tentacle sex I don't even know why is this an achievement . I whould like to try mods but if it will be not on steam it's hopeless.

By the way I have a theory. What if Halsin isn't a shapeshifter elf druid. What if he is a shapeshifting bear disgused as an elf.
They are a cuppl of reason. If I respected him bear form always stayed. Also he is referring the he likes honey and he know the ihe is unsly jacked.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 27/09/23 09:00 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I tell you what will improve wild shape if you want.
But you complain was about moon druid and not about wild shape.

Um, the vast majority of complaints about Mood Druids are about wild shape, and that's the primary draw of Moon Druids, so it seems a bit obtuse to act as if wild shape wasn't the topic of conversation all along? I really do appreciate the tips you gave for how best to utilise wild shape though - I'm still figuring it out myself. I went Land for my MC, but experimenting with Moon on Hal and trying to monitor any improvements and then I may switch my MC back to Moon. Thanks so much for those tips!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by mishtress
EDIT 2: I thought that perhaps I could cast Mage Armour on Hal, since his armour has no effect on his AC when he's in wild shape, but it won't cast because he "Can't have armour equipped". So that's somewhat problematic. Not sure if anyone else has picked up on that before.

I've been thinking about this again, and I might actually switch Hal out of armour and into one of the clothing items so that Mage Armour will work on him. Since he's almost always wild-shaped for me, it seems more strategic. Not sure if others have experimented with this?

Z
addict
addict
Z
It will not work if then animal shapes armor is bigger then the mage armor. Only the strongest count.

A
A
So, when do you think Larian will allow all druids to recast spells prior to wildshaping? Like call lightning and Moonbeam? It really hurts the class to be stuck without any spells, which is a core feature in tabletop.

Myrmidons also don’t benefit from proficiency bonus to attack rolls with their weapons, because Moon Druid doesn’t have proficiency with those weapons.

As for making Moon Druid competitive when compared to Sorlocks, Socradins, Lockadins or Sword Bards, just give them exclusive forms tied to items with variable costs. For example:

-Ring of Draconic Power (legendary, act 3 or late act 2). Allows the user to turn into a young red dragon. Uses 2 charges. Moon Druid exclusive
-Ring of Monstrous powers (Rare, act 2). Allows the user to turn into Bulette. Costs 1 charge for Moon Druid, 2 for non-Moon.
-Ring of corrupted vines (Rare, act 2). Shamblimg mound, look above.

Basically this gives Moon Druids exclusive forms, while giving them extra fluff.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Annoyed Player
Myrmidons also don’t benefit from proficiency bonus to attack rolls with their weapons, because Moon Druid doesn’t have proficiency with those weapons.

Earth gets tavern brawler and with that the most dmg / attack /ac/ hp. But you are right from 4 myrmidons only 2 are useful water and earth. And from all wildshape is only 2 is good. For rare case panther is goot to escape.
I wish all of them would be lvl up scale up.
For example Beast Master animal companions are stronger then Moon druid wildshape.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 16/10/23 01:56 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I will say the last update did a lot to bring Moon Druids in line imho. I haven't used myrmidons though. Full disclosure I restarted as Bard after level 6 cause I was tired of the druid issues.

Atm moon druid is a bit too carried by 1 or 2 forms while all the others are just lackluster to a fault. It's even worse because the best forms aren't even moon druid exclusive. Wolf and Bear are just mid. Spider at will web shot and super jump is absolutely bonkers. Then it's mid again for a while until Owlbear breaks the game again.

The issue with moon druid isn't one of viability, but of enjoyment. Very easy to dominate if you just stick to the best form for a level range. Of what I've played that was spider and then owlbear. But you can get those as land or spore, and the utility aspect of druid suffers greatly because of this.

Personally, I'd like spider and owlbear nerfed, Bear and dire raven heavily buffed, and wolf form moderately buffed. Not sure what to do with Badger as it feels weak but has neat CC potential through burrow which is kinda cool actually.

Also, badger form should be able to dig up buried chests without a shovel!

H
stranger
stranger
H
Owlbear bearly does the same DPR as any other haphazardly thrown together build with subpar gear.

I don't really think there is any reason to nerf spider and owlbear, just bring the other forms up to that standard.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
First of, we need to compile a list of things that should be working in Wild Shape, secondly we should address the terrible stats on most of the wild shapes.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard