Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Honestly, a kid shows up with a sad story with her cat in tow and wants to stay with us and her mom is missing, NOPE SORRY ORIN nice try!!

Except we can't get rid of her and she is effectively immortal, won't leave and no matter how many different ways I try to kill her and HER cat she won't die.

I have thrown that cat against every item in my camp and she won't expire. I have told Yenna to leave and the cat stays behind.

Honestly, this needs to be re-visited. Why this dog and pony show? Why can't Orrin be a random squirrel near the camp?

I mean, how could you NOT *immediately* be suspicious of this pathos heavy duo. It's SO obvious.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
She's plot critical...and you really want her to be there so one of your actual companions doesn't get taken.
Also no, Yenna is an actual person, she's not Orin when she initially comes to you.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
She's plot critical...and you really want her to be there so one of your actual companions doesn't get taken.
Also no, Yenna is an actual person, she's not Orin when she initially comes to you.

I have a "no children or cats rule" in my camp. Unacceptable. She keeps coming back!

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

I have a "no children or cats rule" in my camp. Unacceptable. She keeps coming back!
Yeah well, you clearly don't...tough. Looks like you'll have to deal with it...and you'll probably pay the price for kicking her out too...the real one I mean.

M
stranger
stranger
M
She was in my camp and still one of my companions got taken.

veteran
veteran
I still don't know exactly how the game is going to solve this, but I can tell you this. I had the scene where she approaches me and asks to stay at my camp MINUTES after Gortash warned me that Orin has already found a way to infiltrate my camp and the reaction was more or less "Are you shitting me?".

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Moon Mote
She was in my camp and still one of my companions got taken.

Same here.

C
C
Originally Posted by Tuco
I still don't know exactly how the game is going to solve this, but I can tell you this. I had the scene where she approaches me and asks to stay at my camp MINUTES after Gortash warned me that Orin has already found a way to infiltrate my camp and the reaction was more or less "Are you shitting me?".
Weird, might be a bug, I just met her and immediately did a long rest and she came to the camp. Now I spent an additional 4 long rests and still none is missing from the camp. (Didn't meet Gortash yet tho')

Seems like Larian didn't take into consideration how many quests and how further a player pushes the story before a long rest, which will result in delayed, missing or completely removed sleep-cutscenes.

Last edited by crst; 18/08/23 01:19 AM.
M
M
The Yenna thing is apparently really bugged out.

apprentice
apprentice
In my case, I brought her to the camp. No one got taken, but she disappeared. The cat is still there. I got the scene where I was told that one of the camp followers is Orin, but that never happened (but the game reacts as if it happened). So yeah seems buggy.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Caelir
In my case, I brought her to the camp. No one got taken, but she disappeared. The cat is still there. I got the scene where I was told that one of the camp followers is Orin, but that never happened (but the game reacts as if it happened). So yeah seems buggy.
Keep playing, when you confront Orin you should see Yenna as Orin's prisoner. This is the best way things can play out imo because you don't temporarily lose a party member and you can save Yenna from Orin too.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 18/08/23 04:09 AM.
stranger
stranger
Cat is in the camp, the girl is gone, Halsin got taken.
I was actually wondering what's the point of that bit, seems like it's bugged.

Because if the only reason that Yenna has been introduced is to spare the player the loss of a companion, then... Why? It's a random child we can barely interact with - I think a companion being taken is a much batter option, considering the fact that even if you don't like that particular character, it still has gameplay repercussions.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Fasper

Because if the only reason that Yenna has been introduced is to spare the player the loss of a companion, then... Why? It's a random child we can barely interact with - I think a companion being taken is a much batter option, considering the fact that even if you don't like that particular character, it still has gameplay repercussions.
The game is very complex with its permutations so while it could be a bug it's also possible you missed a scene. You can find Orin disguised as Lae'zel holding a knife to Yenna's throat and will try to convince you she saw Yenna enter the camp as a woman and change shape. If you don't question her she kills Yenna in front on you and reveals herself to be Orin. If you missed that scene(probably due to not having Lae'zel around anymore) it's possible she killed Yenna and took Halsin. There are a huge amount of permutations to how the hostage event can play out and it's not clear what all the triggers are for specific outcomes. I will say though...like her or hate her, it's pretty crucial to still have Lae'zel in the party. I suspect the necessities for avoiding a party member kidnap are: 1) have Lae'zel around to trigger the scene I mentioned above, and 2) having been nice to and accepted Yenna. I believe that if you do at least those two things then Yenna gets taken but you can save her later and you don't lose party members.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 18/08/23 06:34 AM.
stranger
stranger

The game is very complex with its permutations so while it could be a bug it's also possible you missed a scene. You can find Orin disguised as Lae'zel holding a knife to Yenna's throat and will try to convince you she saw Yenna enter the camp as a woman and change shape. If you don't question her she kills Yenna in front on you and reveals herself to be Orin. If you missed that scene(probably due to not having Lae'zel around anymore) it's possible she killed Yenna and took Halsin. There are a huge amount of permutations to how the hostage event can play out and it's not clear what all the triggers are for specific outcomes. I will say though...like her or hate her, it's pretty crucial to still have Lae'zel in the party. I suspect the necessities for avoiding a party member kidnap are: 1) have Lae'zel around to trigger the scene I mentioned above, and 2) having been nice to and accepted Yenna. I believe that if you do at least those two things then Yenna gets taken but you can save her later and you don't lose party members.
That's very informative, thank you for the answer.
However - I do have Lae'zel around and I have a good relationship with her (she's one of my favourite companions btw and she absolutley smashes almost everything in battle), so If I did miss that scene it must have been due to something else entirely. At one point Yenna was just gone, the cat had nothing to say about it, and there was no scene with Orin. And I've actually been waiting for that scene since seeing it in the promotional material. Did not know the context though, which your post clarified.

Last edited by Fasper; 18/08/23 07:17 AM.
veteran
veteran
That's very informative, thank you for the answer.
However - I do have Lae'zel around and I have a good relationship with her (she's one of my favourite companions btw and she absolutley smashes almost everything in battle), so If I did miss that scene it must have been due to something else entirely. At one point Yenna was just gone, the cat had nothing to say about it, and there was no scene with Orin. And I've actually been waiting for that scene since seeing it in the promotional material. Did not know the context though, which your post clarified.
The yeah I don't know...could be a bug or some permutation we just don't know of.

Z
addict
addict
Z
It's a common reported bug. Yenna goes missing, companion is abducted, you kill Orin, Yenna never reappears and is nowhere to be found in the Bhaal temple. Act 3 is riddled with bugs.

Link Copied to Clipboard