Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A quote from today's Hotfix patch notes;
As Swen mentioned on Twitter, up next on our roadmap is Patch 1 – a larger update of over 1000 fixes and tweaks, followed by Patch 2, which will incorporate some of the biggest requests we’ve received from the community since launch.

I wonder what the new additions will be, quite exciting to think about. Personally I'm hoping for a Transmog system and post-Character Creation customization, along with plenty of QOL improvements.

stranger
stranger
And a fix for Karlach/the game ending as a whole, maybe just a few slides at least.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
AND Justice For Minthara!

W
veteran
veteran
W
A member of Larian responded to a question over Twitter about mid-game character customization. He said something was in the works.

So that’s probably a safe bet.

stranger
stranger
Is that what "something is cooking" means? delight

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Which requests? Hopefully good ones.

W
veteran
veteran
W
I would really like the ability to save character creation loadouts. If it just want to play my favorite monk build and appearance in a new game, it would be great to just select it of a menu.

apprentice
apprentice
Hopefully in addition to in game character customisation a photo mode and full custom parties will be added.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I doubt it but I really hope the skill bar gets an option to lengthen the rows. On an ultra wide screen I’ve got plenty of space to enlarge the skill bar and I don’t like the current limitations of only being able to change the column size which is itself only limited to four deep.

old hand
old hand
It's most likely a long shot, but I want some of the races datamined, but not delivered, Aasimar, Tritons, Genasi, Warforged, Yuan Ti Purebloods, etc...

Maybe the new PHB2024 Goliaths, with their Giantkin subraces too.

I think they've only mentioned fluff so far. I haven't seen anything about mechanical improvements/options. They probably get more bang for buck with prettier pictures.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Implement the worked on, datamined, but never finished epilogue. If I can only have on thing, it'd be that

enthusiast
enthusiast
Theres confirmation the Minthara fixes are coming in a patch after support was contacted over the datamined missing content.

It'd be fantastic if the ending changes from the datamine could be restored re:Silver/

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
addict
addict
I'm hoping for appearance recustomization and some way to create custom parties from the beginning in single player.
The unfinished endings would, of course, be nice, but I suspect we won't get them before a "definitive edition".

journeyman
journeyman
I would love to be able to customize Durge in non-Durge playthroughs. I would love them to appear in later playthroughs as my version, though since mine was female and they likely only recorded male VA based off the intro that might need to wait until an Enhanced Edition

What requests though? Are they going to revisit armor? If you're into heavy armor, like me, the models are kinda botched.

It's probably just the appearance change. Moat people don't play heavy armor characters so they dont notice problems right away.

I
old hand
old hand
I
I fear Larian reads that people are not happy with Karlachs ending and just add a fluffy rainbow happy end for her while completely ignoring why people were actually diappointed.

Larian sadly does not have that of a good record when "listening to fans".

Last edited by Ixal; 19/08/23 04:09 PM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Ixal
I fear Larian reads that people are not happy with Karlachs ending and just add a fluffy rainbow happy end for her while completely ignoring why people were actually diappointed.

Larian sadly does not have that of a good record when "listening to fans".
I am doubtful any of the complaints on the forum will reach the devs. I only know that some devs are on the subreddit, and that has devolved into a full-blown hive mind circlejerk. If you look at the feedback, a lot of substantive complaints about later Acts are getting downvoted.

Anything that strays from the will of the Elder Brain subreddit is annihilated.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
I am doubtful any of the complaints on the forum will reach the devs.

The process for these forums has always been that what we are talking about here is kept an eye on by Larian’s community management team, who will feed that back to their colleagues.

I’m sure that constructive criticism that receives engagement from folk here will make its way back, though the best way to report bugs remains directly to Larian via the Report a Bug link on the launcher.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
I am doubtful any of the complaints on the forum will reach the devs.

The process for these forums has always been that what we are talking about here is kept an eye on by Larian’s community management team, who will feed that back to their colleagues.

I’m sure that constructive criticism that receives engagement from folk here will make its way back, though the best way to report bugs remains directly to Larian via the Report a Bug link on the launcher.
Ah, there you go being reasonable. I’m just bitter right now because the game I thought I was going to play still doesn’t exist. I suppose it’s my own fault.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard