Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
In my playthrough, I romanced Shadowheart, convinced her to turn to Selune, and let her let her parents die. I got the beach scene, as well as the one at the statue of Selune (I think), and we also talked about starting a farm together.

I also chose to become a mind flayer myself after freeing Orpheus.

I totally get if that choice is what caused her to tell me that we had to part ways; it'd be tragic but fitting, and while it makes me sad and a little heartbroken, I respect the narrative giving weight to consequences.

But when she was saying that she told me something like "May Lady Shar keep you..."????

I think the game didn't register as having renounced Shar?

I was also weirded out walking through town after we let her parents die that she kept getting affected by the Mysterious Sharran Wound. At the time I shrugged it off but now that I think about it, maybe something messed up the save file and they thought we kept her parents alive?

Any help would be great with it. I feel like I haven't gotten the ending I actually earned and it's leaving a sour note on an otherwise fantastic experience smile

C
C
it's definitely one of the choices you've made: turn mind flayer. In the end, you don't lose much anyway, Larian made sure of this.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
But why did she bring up Shar? Like, that's the only thing that bugs me about it, she wasn't worshipping Shar anymore at that point.

K
stranger
stranger
K
note that the game is bugged to the limit when it comes to story and companions. a lot of things don't stick together, a lot of things are unfinished, there is no logical continuity of the narrative. They'll probably fix it, but they won't fix the broken story. especially disgraceful when they have been living on subsidies since 2020 and still couldn't do what they advertised

veteran
veteran
My read on this:

The parent sacrifice is a trap. She's free of the pain but pain is Lovitar's domain, not Shar's. Shar is the god of loss.

So if she goes through with the sacrifice she needs to learn to embrace loss - the same contemptuous thing she said to Viconia. And when she loses Tav she experiences her second great loss.

She's the new Kethric Thorn - her life has dismantled bit by bit and the moon maiden's cold light offers no comfort. Better to embrace loss and hope Shar will take those memories from her.

Which is clever - I think it's an example of good writing. Someone really thought about Shar's divine domain.

But it's also another place where the railroaded mindflayer requirement is undoing your actions. The devs need to remove the forced transformation from the game.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
It's curious, because there is literally a video on Youtube showing that you can stay with Selune Shadowheart even as a mindflayer.

Either your approval from Shadowheart wasn't necessarily all that high, or perhaps the decision to let the parents die played a role.

Maybe there was some other trigger missing. Hope it's fixed.

Link Copied to Clipboard