Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
When there are gold pieces laying around (not in containers) it is not possible to pick them up. Item labels are there, and the pieces will highlight when hovering the mouse pointer over it, but it can't be picked up.
At the tollhouse, there are now literally hundreds of gold pieces I cannot collect.
This happens all over the game, in all areas.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I play the game with a controller, so I can not say if this function is avaiable with keys and mouse. With controller you can long press the A button (on controller) and all objects within a radius will get highlighted and are presented in a list. From there it's easy to pick what I want. Even if it is all clutterd over and under another.

S
stranger
stranger
S
move ur ankle of view some item in view may overlap the mouse getting over it i do that by turn in circles move to annother location and change the ankle of view...

enthusiast
enthusiast
I had similar experiences with small heaps of Gold. Especially when the Warlocks Familiar gets killed and sometimes theres a leftover of 100Gold pieces from the vanished Familiar. Those sometimes seem to be glued to the ground.

Solution:
Use the "Throw" Mechanics in game to pick up those Gold and throw it on ground to another place. Even Shoving Goldheaps is sometimes an option.
Also Mouse-grab and open up your inventory und "mouse-click-hold-grab" the Gold and pull it over into your opened inventory.

Last edited by TheHero; 19/08/23 08:56 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm playing on PS5, and I am having this problem. None of the proposed solutions work. The weirdest thing is that my wife is playing on her profile, on the same console, with the same version of the game and has never had any issue picking up gold pieces. Weird.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I found a workaround for this.

Hover the item stack in the world. Hold X and press the touchpad button that opens the map. The map will open along with an item splitter. Set the splitter to the max value and press X and the stack will be added to your inventory.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I had a similar experience, possibly related. In the Toll house, the stacks of gold on the floor prompted me to make a strength check to pick them up. And I failed every single attempt, even when switching to Karlach. This resolved when I reloaded the game.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I had this same problem after Patch 5, but then after Hotfix 13 all of a sudden I was able to pick it up.

I assumed the hotfix fixed it.

Link Copied to Clipboard