Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I broke the oath of the ancients in the first act and paid 1000 gold.

After that, I broke it again in the third act when I made an alliance with Gortash.

But the knight does not appear anymore, neither in the camp nor in the tavern, he is simply no more.

I also can't change my character class, since my oath is broken, and it's impossible to turn something with it due to a bug

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
P
stranger
stranger
P
It's sadly a known bug that hasn't been fixed yet and I just can't see why since they fixed things far less important. I mean, they said themselves Paladin is the most played class and they can't prioritize this?

I finished my playthrough yesterday with the debuff, you don't loose much anyways but it's annoying. I tried to get rid of the debuff by forcing a respec with cheat engine, and I could respec but still had the debuff on me. Couldn't find the values to get rid of it.

My support ticket got an answer that they'll look into it and fix it but not much more info.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
I feel like Oathbreaker is something they should have cut and added back in for a later patch, as it feels half-finished sadly.

I found it far too easy to accidentally break my oath; while siding with Gortash is a more obvious breach (being that he's an evil Bane worshipping tyrant), there are a bunch of moral decisions that aren't nearly as clear-cut but if you make the "wrong" choice your oath is immediately broken without warning.

They really need to either highlight which options will do it, highlight options with [Paladin] for the "correct" path, or give a strikes system for more complex choices, i.e- first time you make a dubious (but not outright "evil") choice you get a warning about your oath.

But then I also broke my oath by having Astarian shoot first when encountering a group of Bhaal cultists that I knew were trying to ambush me (I think maybe they were flagged incorrectly as still friendly, because I got the "You picked a fight" narration), so there are definitely cases where it's just buggy too.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
disgusting, I can't retrain to a two-handed weapon master, and I will go to fight the final boss holding the Blood of Lathander in my hand, instead of the Sword of Summer

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
S
stranger
stranger
S
I have the same issue, currently in act 2. This is so upsetting, i cant play like this, the need to fix it asap. I refuse to play like this

B
stranger
stranger
B
hoping theres a fix soon because i got to act 3, and broke my oath somehow and can't find the guy, tried all the tricks posted but still nothing, staying at the inn, and all the different camp places. really game breaking as i can't embrace the oathbreaker nor can i use my channeled oaths

V
stranger
stranger
V
I genuinely don't understand how so huge of a bug could go unresolved for so long. This has been a known issue since launch, and yet with all the hotfixes and the first patch, nothing has been done. I have 170 hours in my campaign, and my Tav is basically ruined because she can't access any of the Paladin dialogue options, abilities, or story branches. Utterly ridiculous.

Link Copied to Clipboard