Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Its beocming increasingly apparent a lot of content is unavailable, either due to bugs or cuts.

Some of this content includes

* At least 5 gods for clerics, Shar, Sylvanus, Bhaal, Bane, and Myrkul... four of these are understandable, sylvanus is not

* The Majority of Mintharas story (seems to be a bug?)

* God based dialogue for paladins and the ability to chose gods for them (just let players chose between oath-based powers and god-based powers for paladins)

* The Epilogue - yeah, appearently there is a huge amount of epilogue content that was cut

* The fisherman - please put them back

* The ability to crush the tadpoles

* Consequences for using tadpoles (I know you didnt want to cut off the mind flayer abilities from good players but, come on)

* Astarions dialogue at the barn situation.

Last edited by urktheturtle; 20/08/23 12:53 AM.
stranger
stranger
I 100% agree, especially about Epilogue and using tadpoles.

I avoided them the whole game for nothing, I still got an ending I did not like, and did not get to have fun with my companions a last time before ending the adventure.

Act 1s epilogue and party scene is wonderful, it puzzles me that they did not do another for Act 3, when it feels like if anywhere it should be here.

I have not joined Minthara so I dunno about her however.

Last edited by Draitex; 19/08/23 06:53 PM.

//

Bardic Inspiration for those feeling blue, Everyone is beautiful... especially you <3
addict
addict
That would be nice, especially if Act 3 gets reworked along with it.

I doubt it will happen outside of an obligatory definitive edition though, aside from maybe the addition of some minor things.

U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Originally Posted by Kendaric
I doubt it will happen outside of an obligatory definitive edition though, aside from maybe the addition of some minor things.

Do people on these forums not know what patches are?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by urktheturtle

Hey now, no need to be like that!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
Originally Posted by urktheturtle
Originally Posted by Kendaric

I'm quite aware of the upcoming major patches, thank you.

Expecting to see cut content restored in a patch is a bit much though, depending on the content of course. The fishermen could probably be patched in, restoring or rewriting the endings will probably have to wait till the definitive edition.
Like it or not, it's just the way it is. Temper your expectations...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Discord seems to be suggesting that cut content is returning in patches, atleast for some it. Minthara is confirmed as being fixed, no news about the epilogue? the forum is official but doesn't seem to be the main place for news/updates about whats happening?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
veteran
veteran
Despite people's insistence that cut content will be coming back, we have zero proof of that. Seeing a random file that says something, or a dialogue line from back in EA doesn't mean it's coming back. There's a reason it's called cut content.

Now, if you're asking for them to fix bugs, that's another story, but lumping it all together confuses the issues.

Last edited by Boblawblah; 19/08/23 11:08 PM.
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Despite people's insistence that cut content will be coming back, we have zero proof of that. Seeing a random file that says something, or a dialogue line from back in EA doesn't mean it's coming back. There's a reason it's called cut content.

Now, if you're asking for them to fix bugs, that's another story, but lumping it all together confuses the issues.

for clarification... Im asking them to, not insisting that they definitely will.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Many Bethesda games eventually get mods restoring cut content. With the adequate tools, sufficient files, and dedicated modders, we could get a “BG3 Cutting Room Floor” mod.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Cutting Astarion's nightmares from act 1 (the ones he shares with the player, not the origin nightmare) really took away from the ability to connect/bond with him early in the story for me. Those moments of vulnerability that show you the effects of his trauma were really significant to me and the lack of them just took away so much.
There's a lot of focus later on how the player's kindness toward him (if they choose to be kind) was important and made him feel safe with them but it doesn't feel as authentic without those scenes to me.
I feel like if I hadn't played early access and experienced those scenes I'd feel less for his character than I do now. I understand they don't align with the tadpole dreams but there's no reason they couldn't just keep them in and have them unrelated to the tadpole.

Is this a glitch or was it an intentional cut? Because I think cutting them did the character and his story a disservice. If it was intentional I'd really like to see the content restored in a future patch.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Also I'm not sure if this is a glitch or something they cut, but the first tadpole dream happens as soon as you return to camp for the night. I don't have the option to talk to my companions and ask how they're feeling anymore, or even to walk around camp before choosing to sleep and use camp supplies for a full long rest. I can get the scene where laezel tries to kill the player but it just forces me to sleep after. Does anyone know if this is a glitch? If it was cut it's something else I'd like to see restored.

addict
addict
Really weird that people are applauding Larian for releasing so many patches and fixes for their game. "They care about us!". "They are releasing patches nearly everyday, omg champs!".
And no other studio does this? Isn't that the norm now?

Like that is normal, to release a buggy content cut game. Yea of course its better than nothing. And Larian are in the better studios category for non buggy releases.
Still though, really shows the state of gaming nowdays. Its all ok as long as you release a day 1 patch. Then you get a gold metal and praise. People got scammed by AAA studios into thinking that first day patches ARE OK.

I guess unless your a small indie dev. (why I love indie studios) modern big games are so incredibly complex and effected by outside social factors it is just impossible to release a non buggy content full game.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 20/08/23 02:09 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Originally Posted by Count Turnipsome
Really weird that people are applauding Larian for releasing so many patches and fixes for their game. "They care about us!". "They are releasing patches nearly everyday, omg champs!".
And no other studio does this? Isn't that the norm now?

There are instances where bugs were found in fallout 4, that had existed in the engine since... morrowind.

So companies caring enough to actually fix problems with their game is... actually... very good

M
stranger
stranger
M
Seconded, a last patch that brings back as much of the cut content as possible would be fantastic.

Tbh the fact that the entire tadpole storyline with Daisy being cut is the single most annoying thing about the game for me, the tadpoles are irrelevant to the plot now, they are just another talent tree, using them makes no difference in anything and avoiding them nets you no better ending, its all exactly the samein the end. I find that mind boggling for what was essentially the main draw of the story in the first act and the main reason we set out on our journey, running around with a fucked up face and having nobody notice, consuming dozens of tadpoles and having that just affect nothing in a mind flayer invasion story is just silly.

I know they noticed most people were avoiding them because of how detrimental they were being portrayed, but for crying out lout, that is the point, let us roleplay characters who would and wouldnt use those powers for their reasons, making the tadpoles a sterile non decision, changing the emperrors role in the story and making him fit whatever role your playthrough needs are incredible roleplay opportunities taken from us for sake of "fun", just so that more people play around with the powers, which they still could regardless, but the story bits and decisions are gone forever.

A lot of Minthara's story with the supposed pregnancy and some alingment shifting, like a combination of Viconia and Aerie would have been awesome.

And in general, all the unnecessarily cut dialogue like the barn one you mention should just be brought back, there is no good reason to cut that stuff out, its just less interaction with your companions now. Same goes for asking Shadowheart how you are doing on your journey, the option is still there for some reason but she now doesnt have anything to say beyond the first interaction I believe, before she commented on your new quests and options for getting rid of the parasite etc.,

Wyll also had insane cuts during the EA, dont get me wrong I like him, but the darker more mysterious version of his relationship with Mizora would have been an interesting way to go.

Plenty of stuff that I hope will now be eventually added with mods.

veteran
veteran
I think people might be being overly broad in what they consider "cut content." Stuff like the fishermen, the cut gods, possibly the Minthara stuff (that in particular is annoying and weirdly confusing) that's all reasonably falling under cut content. But I think calling the tadpole changes cut content is vastly underselling what it is. That stuff wasn't cut, it was fundamentally changed from the ground up as part of a change to the vision of the game. Same with the Wyll stuff, that was a fundamental change in their approach to the story. Cut content is stuff that was just removed from the final product of the game while the stuff around it was maybe only minorly changed. Asking for the old tadpole stuff back is essentially asking for a whole different system to be inserted into the game. And Wyll's old storyline would mean getting a whole different voice actor. Speaking of which, I think it's really weird and we don't talk enough about how the changes to Wyll's story came with a new voice actor. Did Larian ever talk about why they replaced the original guy?

veteran
veteran
Wyll's voice actor didn't change, did he? He just doesn't put on as much of an accent.

Honestly of all the things I'd like to see from the theoretical 'cut-content' mod that comes in the future, finding out what the original story for Wyll and Mizora was to be is the most interesting. It'll be this games, Haer'Dalis

Last edited by Sozz; 22/05/24 04:34 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sozz
Wyll's voice actor didn't change, did he? He just doesn't put on as much of an accent.

Honestly of all the things I'd like to see from the theoretical 'cut-content' mod that comes in the future, finding out what the original story for Wyll and Mizora was to be is the most interesting. It'll be this games, Haer'Dalis

Look up Lanre Malaolu, lack of connection players made to Wyll during beta maybe was one of the reasons the character underwent a whole fundamental change which brough Theo Solomon onto the table for Wyll.

I know it will never happen at this point but the content that never made for various reasons whether it was lack of technology or a more coherent design concept, I would have loved to see pretty much anything around Minthara that did not make it into the game, if there were anything that didn't make it to begin with, just feels like there is nothing to it other than the pregnancy thing I can think of right now.

veteran
veteran
The thing is, I don't think Wyll's performance was he problem, it was the material he was given. And the change doesn't seem to have helped him anyway, it's just left his content more thin seemingly.

I doubt there's much more Minthara content, cut or not, since like Halsin she was never meant to be a companion in the first place.

Frankly this thread is just reminding me that Larian's writing process seems so slapdash as to be borderline irresponsible. They seem to have done a lot of changes by the seat of their pants. Like Halsin at one point killing Isobel. For that to make sense we'd need a very different series of events to have taken place than what we get in the game now.

veteran
veteran
It would be appreciated ...
But somehow i dont see it as much probable. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard