Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
addict
addict
T
Never Trully Beleaved that Someone would Pull that one off Legit..hell Yeah! lol
So The Red Queen is a True Souls Player what can i say more ?!

Always Beleave Never Gave up!
The blood god will always protect yu. trust me.
Praise the Sun. \o/

(1 last note.. Try to find all buffs for Stats in act 2 and itens that change your stats like the Hat in act 3 for +2 charisma and dont know if they Fix the Mirror in Shadows Lair in baldurs but that could gave yu a lot of good +stats.. will just say that..haha)

Last edited by Thorvic; 29/10/23 05:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Here she is at level 7 ...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's badass! I really wanted to try for this one, but my attempt got tanked by the darkened portait bug.

Only way to restore the portrait right now was to use Withers. Since it seems to crack off at lvl up.

I was wondeing if maybe it was a Durge thing because the initial portrait shows the bloody face until you take the first lvl up. But then it was the same deal for my Tav (non-Durge) Githyanki, so not really sure there.

I didn't try a solo though, and I don't think I ever really used archery or realized a plan for the order to take the classes. I thought it might be more fun to do 2/2 split just to close it out and then finish 1 lvl in each spellcasting class but I couldn't really decide which was most fun for the 2/2 and which 2 to drop. Sorcery/Fighter was pretty cool with twinned spell and action surge for cantripping around. Might try again with a better plan when the portrait issue is sorted. I can hang till next lvl up if the portrait just goes a little darker, but when it goes fully blanked out or does strange cosmetics like face tattoos, then it's too much for me. I eventually just respec'd to be a more standard Multi-class instead of the dip dip dip hehe. But well done! A shorty to boot! Nice

Last edited by Black_Elk; 29/10/23 07:51 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Quick question... Do you get the achievement when you added the last class, or do you have to play it until the credits roll?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Annahri
Quick question... Do you get the achievement when you added the last class, or do you have to play it until the credits roll?

When the last class is added

addict
addict
Did Sophy ever jack all trades? And did she even manage to defeat all bosses?

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Ikke
Did Sophy ever jack all trades? And did she even manage to defeat all bosses?

I actually just finished the playthrough yesterday after a bit of a break smile

In the end, I went with the following level ups after the first 7 I already outlined:

• Level 8: Fighter - Fighting style: Duelling (chose over Defence as she needed help with damage more, and over Archery as she had so many cantrips she could use at range), plus Second Wind
  • Level 9: Druid - Cantrips: Shillelagh (ended up pretty pointless as didn't use staff for long) and Thorn Whip though Resistance might have been a more useful choice for some checks, also got four level 1 Druid spells
  • Level 10: Rogue - Sneak attack, 1 x proficiency, 2 x expertise (I took proficiency in Deception and expertise in Perception and Persuasion)
  • Level 11: Sorceror (Wild Magic) - 4 cantrips (I took damage ones - shocking grasp, fire bolt, poison spray, ray of frost), 2 level 1 spells (I took Chromatic Orb for flexible elemenatal damage, and Burning Hands which I don't think I used once)
  • Level 12: Barbarian - Rage (small advantage if Sophy was going to just melee rather than mix with magic, which she didn't often), Unarmoured Defence (Con) which was useful with the amulet of health and let her ditch heavy armour and use robes that would help boost other abilities (eg Potent Robes for boost to cantrips of which she had many)

Sophy was a fun character to play, with proficiencies in six skills and expertise in four more and all the classes she had loads of dialogue options, she had 17 cantrips to play with and a decent range of lower level utility spells. Though I was playing on balanced where I was fine in most cases using fun but suboptimal choices, whereas on harder difficulties or soloing I can imagine being more limited in how far you can take advantage of the flexibility. I also struggled to find a use for a feature from every class by level 12, which I had been trying to do, though I did manage to make use of every class at some point in the adventure. Eg Monk was largely pointless by the end, as if I wanted to get any sneak attack benefit I had to use finesse melee weapons so the ability to use dex for non-finesse weapons wasn't useful, I generally had something better to do with a bonus action than a puny unarmed strike, and the barbarian unarmoured defence trumped the monk one once I had the amulet of health from the House of Hope. That said, those monk features were handy earlier in the adventure.

It was also fun from an RP perspective to play a character who was endlessly curious. would take silly risks, say yes to almost anything, and always want to poke her nose into any business. And though that didn't end well for her, at least the transformation she went through at the end gave her a boost to some stats that came in handy in the end game given she didn't get any ASIs.

All in all, would definitely recommend JoaT as a fun challenge to try, though wouldn't for a moment claim I managed to do it the best possible way!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
the transformation she went through at the end

her 13th class wink
gratz on finishing the run

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
apprentice
apprentice
For anyone looking for an easy way to tick off this achievement...

I used Minsk. By the time he is rescued in Act 3, my party was already level 12. I simply leveled him up with one level in each class and the achievement popped.

"He that can smile at death, as we know him. Who can flourish in the midst of diseases that kill off whole peoples. Oh! If such a one was to come from God, and not the Devil, what a force for good might he not be in this old world of ours."
-Bram Stoker, Dracula
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard