Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I debated about reporting this one because it makes the game so easy that I hardly have to try... And REALLY comes in handy for the boss fights.

Basically if you hit ESC at any point inside or outside combat and change difficulty to another level and then immediately change it back, all party members have full health again but enemies do not also reset. Even if everyone in the party isn't able to act... With this bug and a party of fighters, one could in theory play the whole game without a single long rest... It is the closest bug that allows something akin to GOD MODE that I have found.

Given WHY people change the difficulty level, I can't imagine others aren't going to stumble on this one. Whether you fix it or leave it in for people like me who (would) struggle even on easy difficulty is up to Larian.

OP Offline
Just to be clear on replication. A single switch between medium and hard doesn't do anything. But if you switch between easy and some other difficulty, you basically get a linear boost with each switch. So after about 2 or 3 switches you are back to 100%. If you keep switching back and forth when it is not your turn during combat, it is like your team has super fast regen, making the entire party practically invincible until it is your turn again.

Last edited by Dheuster; 25/08/23 04:17 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard